I Want That!
Forget buying a house or renting here. I want to move to West Virginia and live with Suzanne McMinn! LOL Click on the link and you'll see why. *swoon* Wonder if she's interested in adopting a 30-year-old library associate...
Of course, I'd be bigger than her farm within a week but I'd be so fat and happy with all that yummy goodness I really don't think I'd care at all. hehehehe
So I still haven't made the call to talk with the mortgage folks. I am so entirely chicken. It makes me sick. I just want all this stuff and I'm afraid to ask for it because mostly whenever I truly want something I don't get it. Or I'll get a crappier version of what I truly want and then I resent the heck out of it. *sigh*
But I told the DP last night (while she was panting her nasty breath in my face) that she and I could make a home just about anywhere and that as long as she was happy, I'd be happy.
I know. That sounds so lame, right? LOL But honestly, a lot of the things that annoy me so badly about living where I do is because of the negative impact it has on her. I could put up with the noise and their dog and all that if it were just me. I wouldn't be thrilled with it, no, but I could put up with it if it meant I didn't have to go through the stress of house hunting and moving. But because it's so stressful to Libby I really want to take her away from all that. I want her to be happy and relaxed and feel good about her home. Because a happy puppy makes a happy home. And she's my baby.
Speaking of babies, though, (not that she's a baby anymore, but...) I just realized this morning that I get a crash course in being a single mom next week. Yikes! LOL Emmy's spring break is next week (I think I mentioned that yesterday) and it's been decided that she's staying with me all week. I'm (hopefully) taking off a couple of days to spend with her and she'd spend the rest of the days with Sis2 or Mama but she'll be with me at night every night. The very thought of it makes me twitch a little. hehehe I'm not so sure I'm ready to be a single mom to a 9-year-old. Even if I DO have Disney channel. Entertaining a 9-year-old girl isn't for the feint of heart, yanno. And doing it five nights in a row? *shudders* hehehe
But Emmy's a good girl. She'll probably get bored before the week's over. I don't have all the fun toys and stuff that Nana has and I don't have a 19-month-old like Sis2 has. I have the DP, of course, but there's only so much a pup can do to entertain a 9-year-old before she gets bored. lol
Granny update: You remember a long while back I mentioned that my Granny is having health problems? Well, the doctor she'd been going to wasn't finding anything or even trying to find anything, really. He concluded that it wasn't the congestive heart failure the ER had diagnosed her with but he didn't know what it was and wasn't really doing much in the way of figuring it out. We were at the end of our rope with that man. Well, Daddy finally convinced her to go to HIS doctor here in town. Her appointment was today. She seemed to like him and he's changing out some of her meds to see if that might have something to do with her problems. Otherwise, we have to wait until her blood work comes back. I hope that's soon and I hope it yields some news.
I don't want there to be anything wrong with her but there obviously is something wrong. I want to know what it is and how they're going to help her. I want SOMEONE to figure something out.
Daddy's still hanging in there. He hasn't started treatment yet as the meds haven't arrived. Mama said he was really knocked on his butt last night. The exertion from working on his truck (trying to figure out if it's the battery or alternator going out) had him in a bad way. I'm assuming he felt better this morning since he was able to take Granny to her doctor's appointment.
Anyway, not much else going on in the land of Jana.
Of course, I'd be bigger than her farm within a week but I'd be so fat and happy with all that yummy goodness I really don't think I'd care at all. hehehehe
So I still haven't made the call to talk with the mortgage folks. I am so entirely chicken. It makes me sick. I just want all this stuff and I'm afraid to ask for it because mostly whenever I truly want something I don't get it. Or I'll get a crappier version of what I truly want and then I resent the heck out of it. *sigh*
But I told the DP last night (while she was panting her nasty breath in my face) that she and I could make a home just about anywhere and that as long as she was happy, I'd be happy.
I know. That sounds so lame, right? LOL But honestly, a lot of the things that annoy me so badly about living where I do is because of the negative impact it has on her. I could put up with the noise and their dog and all that if it were just me. I wouldn't be thrilled with it, no, but I could put up with it if it meant I didn't have to go through the stress of house hunting and moving. But because it's so stressful to Libby I really want to take her away from all that. I want her to be happy and relaxed and feel good about her home. Because a happy puppy makes a happy home. And she's my baby.
Speaking of babies, though, (not that she's a baby anymore, but...) I just realized this morning that I get a crash course in being a single mom next week. Yikes! LOL Emmy's spring break is next week (I think I mentioned that yesterday) and it's been decided that she's staying with me all week. I'm (hopefully) taking off a couple of days to spend with her and she'd spend the rest of the days with Sis2 or Mama but she'll be with me at night every night. The very thought of it makes me twitch a little. hehehe I'm not so sure I'm ready to be a single mom to a 9-year-old. Even if I DO have Disney channel. Entertaining a 9-year-old girl isn't for the feint of heart, yanno. And doing it five nights in a row? *shudders* hehehe
But Emmy's a good girl. She'll probably get bored before the week's over. I don't have all the fun toys and stuff that Nana has and I don't have a 19-month-old like Sis2 has. I have the DP, of course, but there's only so much a pup can do to entertain a 9-year-old before she gets bored. lol
Granny update: You remember a long while back I mentioned that my Granny is having health problems? Well, the doctor she'd been going to wasn't finding anything or even trying to find anything, really. He concluded that it wasn't the congestive heart failure the ER had diagnosed her with but he didn't know what it was and wasn't really doing much in the way of figuring it out. We were at the end of our rope with that man. Well, Daddy finally convinced her to go to HIS doctor here in town. Her appointment was today. She seemed to like him and he's changing out some of her meds to see if that might have something to do with her problems. Otherwise, we have to wait until her blood work comes back. I hope that's soon and I hope it yields some news.
I don't want there to be anything wrong with her but there obviously is something wrong. I want to know what it is and how they're going to help her. I want SOMEONE to figure something out.
Daddy's still hanging in there. He hasn't started treatment yet as the meds haven't arrived. Mama said he was really knocked on his butt last night. The exertion from working on his truck (trying to figure out if it's the battery or alternator going out) had him in a bad way. I'm assuming he felt better this morning since he was able to take Granny to her doctor's appointment.
Anyway, not much else going on in the land of Jana.
Comments