Today's the Day

Well, sometime this afternoon we'll know for sure what Daddy is facing. In my mind, he's fine. It's already a done deal. He'll take the magic blue pill and we'll never even know he was sick. Already he says he feels better with the meds they've already given him. And he got a positive report from his GP the other day (his dieabetes, blood pressure, etc.) and he'll go on to live a long and healthy life.

But I want proof. I've been dreading and looking forward to it all week. So I've obsessed about other things to take my mind off of it. Like, looking for a new house. I'm trying to decide if buying is an option and if I want the responsibility of home ownership. Or can I even afford it realistically? And if I don't buy, what are my options of renting? Do I really want to be under another crummy landlord's thumb? And where ARE all the inexpensive rental houses anyway?

Yeah, all that's been rolling round and round in my head and so far, it's worked. I'm not REALLY all that concerned about the housing thing. I mean, if I had to I could live in my apartment for another year. I'd be blazingly unhappy but it wouldn't kill me. It might kill some of my neighbors.

Suddenly we have this secret club of irresponsible pet owners in the hood. My duplex mate and about three other folks meet and sit outside across the street with their dogs--all off their leash. The dogs, that is. Tuesday evening I took Libby outside and we got "assaulted" by about four dogs. Two big ones and two little ones. The members of the secret society of irresponsible pet owners yelled for their dogs to come back, but really, did they think that would work? That's why there's a friggen leash law in town. And I'd report them except there's a cop that lives in the townhouse where they all sit in the parking lot so I'm thinking it'd be a futile attempt.

*sigh*

Anyway, yeah. So that's what I've been letting distract me. And honestly, I don't really worry about it. I know he'll be fine. God'll take care of him just like he'll take care of my housing situation. It's all up to Him. I'm just ready to know for sure so that we can go out and celebrate. :-)

Comments

Heather said…
I say turn 'em in! Nothing might have happened this time, but all to often you hear of people being bitten by a strange dog, or their pet being attacked by another. Or, those untethered dogs might dart out in front of a car. As you said, there are leash laws for a reason.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today