Dead Quiet
Today being the last official day of finals, campus is extremely quiet. Student population has dropped at least by half and anyone still hanging around is only here because they have to be. However, this quiet is merely the calm before the storm called Graduation Day--which is tomorrow. I'm staying in my apartment and daring anyone to try and tempt me out of it. lol
I took off this morning to run errands--get the Devil Pup's nails clipped, drop my rent off, get oil changed in car--and decided that it would be perfect to just go head and get my grocery shopping done this morning, as well. Super smart of me, eh? So I truly DON'T have to venture beyond my yard tomorrow. No reason why I'd want to. Restaurants will be full beyond capacity, traffic will be a zoo and retailers will be hopping.
BUT, come Monday, there will be a little slice of heaven come to town when all the students are gone save for the dedicated few who are taking Maymester classes. (The new-ish, short semester before summer term.) May and December are always the BEST months in our college town. Not that I'm not grateful for students as they keep me employed. BUT, roughly half the population going away for a month is bliss. Shopping is easier, traffic less congested, parking sweeter--over all, everyone left behind breathes a little easier. ;-)
Meanwhile, if anyone has a good way of helping me remember how to spell "restaurants" without having to use spell check, pass on your wisdom, eh? I've tried everything to try to help me to remember and I never can. "resteraunts", "restarants" , "restaraunts, or some other variation is what I normally come up with. Ain't that sad?
Bureau, is another of those words I always have to spell check to get right. "Beurae" "Buerou" "Beurau" are some of my common mispellings. And I know there are other words I can't recall just now that alwasy get twisted in my mind.
Anyone else have any particular words that continually give them trouble in spelling them?
Anyway, Happy Friday!
I took off this morning to run errands--get the Devil Pup's nails clipped, drop my rent off, get oil changed in car--and decided that it would be perfect to just go head and get my grocery shopping done this morning, as well. Super smart of me, eh? So I truly DON'T have to venture beyond my yard tomorrow. No reason why I'd want to. Restaurants will be full beyond capacity, traffic will be a zoo and retailers will be hopping.
BUT, come Monday, there will be a little slice of heaven come to town when all the students are gone save for the dedicated few who are taking Maymester classes. (The new-ish, short semester before summer term.) May and December are always the BEST months in our college town. Not that I'm not grateful for students as they keep me employed. BUT, roughly half the population going away for a month is bliss. Shopping is easier, traffic less congested, parking sweeter--over all, everyone left behind breathes a little easier. ;-)
Meanwhile, if anyone has a good way of helping me remember how to spell "restaurants" without having to use spell check, pass on your wisdom, eh? I've tried everything to try to help me to remember and I never can. "resteraunts", "restarants" , "restaraunts, or some other variation is what I normally come up with. Ain't that sad?
Bureau, is another of those words I always have to spell check to get right. "Beurae" "Buerou" "Beurau" are some of my common mispellings. And I know there are other words I can't recall just now that alwasy get twisted in my mind.
Anyone else have any particular words that continually give them trouble in spelling them?
Anyway, Happy Friday!
Comments
Aunt B