Next Step
Okay, so more house news:
Called today and set up the appointment for the inspection. We're meeting Thursday morning to get that done. I'm really hoping they don't find anything major. While it would be the seller's responsibility to repair it, it would push the closing date (and my moving date) back. Which I don't want to happen. So fingers crossed on that. I'm excited to know, though, that the inspections going to cost me a little more than half of what I thought it would. Turns out, smaller houses are less expensive to inspect. So color me happy. (and a little greener.)
Also ordered some drapes for the house. I know, probably a little premature, but I knew what I wanted and wanted them here at least by the time I move. Turns out they're on back order and should be here by the middle of June. So I may not have them EXACTLY when I move, but close enough. And they'll look GREAT with my furniture. :-)
Turns out we won't be signing my contract until Thursday, though. Yesterday the realtor told me Wednesday but since we're meeting at the house on Thursday, she thought it would be good to save her trip coming to my town. Which is fine, I guess, but that means I won't get the paperwork to my mortgage officer until Thursday or Friday which means we might not make the closing date goal of Jun 5. And I guess that would be fine with me, except the seller really wanted to close by Jun 5. We may still make it. Who knows?
In other, non-house related news, just found out that my cousin's hubby had a heart attack today while sitting with my g-pa in the cancer clinic. Don't know what his condition is or how he's doing. I hope he's okay even though he's not my favorite person in the world. Not even close. But he's family and I truly hope he's alright.
And in less depressing news, I had a nice lunch today. My supervisor took me to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch as a "thank you" for holding our part of the department together while she had surgery in Dec and radiation treatments for the first couple of months this year. That was really kind of her because, honestly, I was just doing my job. What else was I going to do. Fold my arms and say, "Nu-uh. I don't wanna."? We had a nice time, though. We both got the crab cake dinner and oh my stars was it delish. More crab than cake with a nice tangy/spicy dipping sauce. Yum. Wish I'd had room for dessert. hehehe
Fortunately, I like my supervisor. I don't always agree with her on things, but as a person I like her. We get along great and she's been really supportive through this whole house buying process. Really understanding when I've had to take off work for it and seems genuinely excited about it. So it's nice to know that I don't go unnoticed by everyone in the world.
Anyway, that's what's new with me. Pretty exciting for a Tuesday, huh?
BTW, furniture's another spelling trouble word. I always want to put an "a" where the "i" is. LOL *sigh*
Called today and set up the appointment for the inspection. We're meeting Thursday morning to get that done. I'm really hoping they don't find anything major. While it would be the seller's responsibility to repair it, it would push the closing date (and my moving date) back. Which I don't want to happen. So fingers crossed on that. I'm excited to know, though, that the inspections going to cost me a little more than half of what I thought it would. Turns out, smaller houses are less expensive to inspect. So color me happy. (and a little greener.)
Also ordered some drapes for the house. I know, probably a little premature, but I knew what I wanted and wanted them here at least by the time I move. Turns out they're on back order and should be here by the middle of June. So I may not have them EXACTLY when I move, but close enough. And they'll look GREAT with my furniture. :-)
Turns out we won't be signing my contract until Thursday, though. Yesterday the realtor told me Wednesday but since we're meeting at the house on Thursday, she thought it would be good to save her trip coming to my town. Which is fine, I guess, but that means I won't get the paperwork to my mortgage officer until Thursday or Friday which means we might not make the closing date goal of Jun 5. And I guess that would be fine with me, except the seller really wanted to close by Jun 5. We may still make it. Who knows?
In other, non-house related news, just found out that my cousin's hubby had a heart attack today while sitting with my g-pa in the cancer clinic. Don't know what his condition is or how he's doing. I hope he's okay even though he's not my favorite person in the world. Not even close. But he's family and I truly hope he's alright.
And in less depressing news, I had a nice lunch today. My supervisor took me to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch as a "thank you" for holding our part of the department together while she had surgery in Dec and radiation treatments for the first couple of months this year. That was really kind of her because, honestly, I was just doing my job. What else was I going to do. Fold my arms and say, "Nu-uh. I don't wanna."? We had a nice time, though. We both got the crab cake dinner and oh my stars was it delish. More crab than cake with a nice tangy/spicy dipping sauce. Yum. Wish I'd had room for dessert. hehehe
Fortunately, I like my supervisor. I don't always agree with her on things, but as a person I like her. We get along great and she's been really supportive through this whole house buying process. Really understanding when I've had to take off work for it and seems genuinely excited about it. So it's nice to know that I don't go unnoticed by everyone in the world.
Anyway, that's what's new with me. Pretty exciting for a Tuesday, huh?
BTW, furniture's another spelling trouble word. I always want to put an "a" where the "i" is. LOL *sigh*
Comments
Aunt B