Staff Appreciation Day 2009

Yar, maties. Or however you spell it. This year's SAD theme was pirates. Maybe a little in poor taste with the resent pirate situations but food and fun was had. I didn't do much more beyond eat, though. First thing we did when we got there at 10 was head for the hotdog stand. Then immediately went for the snow cones. I had the wedding cake flavor. Yum. Then while we stood in line to get "tattoos", we ate ice cream. And THEN we went and got lunch. It was at this point that I decided, yeah. I'd better stop before I barf. hehehehe

I did manage to not get terribly sunburned this year. My friend A. remembered to bring sunscreen (which I never do remember to do) and she shared. I think my face still got a little too much sun, though. I can feel it getting a little "tight." *sigh*

Fortunately it didn't get quite as hot as predicted. At least it didn't FEEL like 90 degrees. There was a good wind blowing, though, so I can only guess. All I know is I didn't really even break a sweat, even when the shade moved and I was sitting in the sun. So it can't have been all that bad.

At anyrate, it was fun just hanging out, being out of the office and spending time with my friends. I wish they'd appreciate us more often.

Pics with captions below.


My mother taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.

I don't know what E. and I were talking about but it sure looks serious.


The library staff picks their spot and circles around.


Me and E. I'm taking a picture of Mama taking a picture of me. That line behind us is the line for ice-cream. We were all smart and got ours earlier in the day before lunch when there wasn't much of a line. Yeah, we ate dessert first. What of it? hehehe


Me and Mrs. B. settle down to eat. Ignore the fat rolls, please. Ugh, sitting in those chairs just emphasized my extra...well, all my extra. lol


My friend, A. (on the left) musta been really happy 'bout something! lol


And that concludes this year's day of "appreciation." Yeah, we get appreciated once a year and that's no lie! hehehehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today