Surviving AC/DC

What luxury I had this weekend. *swoony sigh*

Because I was going to T-Town for Emmy's recital Saturday, Mama agreed to Libby-sit for me. She came by Friday evening and took my baby home with her and oh, my, gosh. What luxury to sit and watch an entire episode of Ghost Whisperer without a devil pup breathing in my face or scratching at the door to go out. Heaven knows I love that little pup, but boy wasn't it nice to have a break.

So in honor of my "free" night, I picked up a pizza and wings from Pizza Hut. My plan was to wait until after Mama had taken Libby home with her before going to get my treat. But Daddy threw a monkey wrench in those plans by surprising Mama with supper out. So she dropped me off at home and went on to meet Daddy for supper leaving me with the Devil Pup for a couple hours more than I'd anticipated.

Which, yeah, I coulda waited a couple of hours but in a college town, it's best to order things like pizza early b/c after 5 o'clock the normal 20 minute wait turns into an hour. So I went ahead and ordered and picked up my treat and brought it home to share with the DP. Well, I shared the pizza. The wings I saved to eat after she left. I don't share wings. hehehehe

I was going to wait until after she left to eat the pizza but smart puppy that she is, she knew exactly what was in that box and pestered me until I decided, what the heck. I'll go 'head and eat. So I ate and shared and she was happy. And when Mama came to pick her up, she was at least as excited as my nieces are when they get to go home with Nana. LOL

Nana, I don't think was all that excited about it but she did a fairly good job of faking it. And I was really appreciative of her Libby-sitting for me as I didn't want to have to haul her to T-Town where she'd inevitably have to stay in her crate most of the time because she doesn't like strangers and Emmy's other grandmother was there. And while the recital wasn't until 6:30 Saturday night, Sis1 wanted us to come spend the day. So leaving her at home alone was not an option, either.

Anyway, Friday night after the DP went with Nana, I settled on the floor in my nightgown to eat my wings and watch TV. I never get to wear my nightgown prior to bed anymore due to having to take the DP out several times. I have to wear lounge pants and t-shirts or pj's. And I LOVE hanging out in my nightgown. So much more comfy than lounge pants and t-shirts. This "no nightgown lounging" thing has been a very traumatic transition for me. Color me happy to be returning to the country soon! LOL

Wings all gone, I put a load of laundry into the wash and settled in to watch Ghost Whisperer. And Oh, my, gosh--was that dream with the kittens totally freakish or what? LOL The whole episode was kinda weird, but that dream with the kittens...*shakes head*

I spent the rest of the night finishing up a book I'd been working on reading for a couple of weeks. For some reason the DP just did NOT want me reading this book. I mean, she never wants me to read but this book she was particularly insistent about me not reading. Maybe the vampires scared her--though the vampires in Gerry Bartlett's Glory St. Clair series are of the more fun variety. lol

Saturday I got up early and went on a quick breakfast run to Wendy's. I usually go to McDonald's mostly for the cappuccinos but was hankering for a sausage egg and cheese Frechetta thing. Love those things even if they are a bazillion calories. You know the best part? I got to eat it all by myself without any demands to share. Bliss, I tell you. Bliss!

Since I don't particularly like to drive in T-town I was riding with Sis2, Goofus and Alyssa. We were supposed to leave at around 8:30. Guess what time we actually left! Yeah, closer to 9. *sigh* Those two and punctuality aren't friends apparently. LOL

But we got there by about 10:30 or so, though, so all was forgiven.

To be continued tomorrow. *sigh* I waited too late to start this and now I must leave for home.

Ta ta for now.

Comments

Heather said…
Tease!

The kitten dream on GW was definitely freaky!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today