Wrestling with a Rug: The Sequel
*sigh*
But we'll get to that in a moment.
So Saturday was a strangely good day. You know this whole buying a house with some acreage would eventually lead me into lawn mower hell, right? Well, Daddy and I talked Friday night about picking one out this weekend. Both Lowe's and Sears had their big Memorial Day weekend sales with the 12months same as cash deals.
I wasn't all that excited about it, really. Mostly because I don't know what my cash flow is actually going to be like once I start making mortgage payments...since I don't actually, you know, KNOW what my mortgage payments will actually be. But I thought, okay. It's something I'm going to have to have anyway and if I can get a good deal on one, I may as well. I prayed about it all night that the Lord would show me what to do. He knows what the future holds, what I need and what I can afford. Who better than Him to turn it all over to?
So bright and early (well, around 9ish) I met Daddy at Lowe's and right away we found exactly the right and perfect mower...err, tractor (they don't really call them riding mowers anymore. They're lawn tractors. Sounds a little pretentious to me but what do I know, right?) at exactly the right price. I mean, seriously, it was like God plopped the thing right in front of us and said, "Here."
And the fact that a totally hot hottie named Bert, of all things, helped us was just a total bonus. I mean, we're talking, Jana got all flustered and giggly, hot.
So I got approved for the extended credit line on my Lowe's card and we were all set. A regularly priced $1699 Husquavarna that was on sale for $1599, we got for their one day only price of $1299. It was exactly the make and model Daddy thinks kicks butt, and for one day only (the day we were there!) was priced at exactly the comfort limit of payments I could make. A total and complete blessing, I'm telling you. I was on cloud 9...over a tractor! Well, a big part of the cloud 9 was having Bert's attention--even if he WAS only making a sale. hehehe
So Daddy left and went back to his house for his trailer to haul it home with and I hung around Lowe's for another 30 minutes. I combed the store over finding all manner of things to put on my "wish list" of things I want to eventually do to my soon-to-be new home. Of course I'll have to win a lottery in order to afford to do even half. But it was fun anyway.
By the time Daddy called to say he was on his way back, my ankle was hurting so I left and made a quick trip up to Sonic for a JavaChiller to slurp on while I waited on Daddy to return with the trailer. Just as I was backing out to return to Lowe's I heard someone yelling my name a couple of times. (I hate it when folks do that, btw. lol) It was my cousin's wife, though I didn't recognize her right away. Mostly because I wasn't expecting to see her since they don't live around here anymore and also because she was in a big red truck I didn't know they had. And, you know, I was partially backed out. I think I may have scowled at her and she probably thought I was rude or whatever because I didn't pull back in and come talk to her. I just waved, yelled that I was headed back to Lowe's and left. She did email me this morning and say, "Hey, I wasn't sure if you knew, but that was me in the red truck at Sonic, not a weird stalker."
And here's the thing. I was kinda upset because I'd just been emailing back and forth with her last week, mentioned that I hoped to see them soon, etc. Never once did she mention that they (or she, at least) were going to be in town this weekend, nor did she call me when she got into town. So it's not like she really wanted to see me anyway. I don't even know why she bothered to call out to me like that at Sonic. *shrugs* She could have come in to town and left and I'd have never known it. I almost wish she had. Then I wouldn't have had my little feelin's hurt. *pout*
But anyway, I got back to Lowe's, we got the tractor loaded (and the free dump cart that came with it as part of the sale!) and Daddy and I went BACK to Sonic for lunch. hehehe (i'm a total sonic ho these days, i know) And you know, it was actually pretty great. I mean, the food was good of course. I love Sonic burgers, but the whole eating lunch with Daddy was the best part. We never do stuff like that. Well, very rarely do we do that, anyway. But it was fun. I drove us in my car (since his truck had the trailer hitched to it) and we sat in the drive-in and ate and talked like normal adults. A weird development, certainly. It's never been any secret in our family that Daddy has a favorite and I'm not it. He reserves conversation and one on one lunches/outings for Sis2.
Color me special. LOL
Once we parted ways, I went home to the DP who was VERY put out with me for abandoning her and not even bringing her anything yummy back to eat. To make it up to her, I spent the next couple of hours doing chores (laundry, dishes, vacuuming, etc). hehehe Yeah, I was so totally NOT her favorite person Saturday--at least, not until I finally sat down to snuggle.
Oh, but the really fun part (or not) of the weekend came Sunday morning. I got up, went and got breakfast (I know, bad Jana. But impromptu breakfast runs to Micky D's will cease to exist once I move so I'm taking advantage as much as possible!), came home to eat and shower and then the DP needed to go out. And that's when I did battle with a rug. *sigh*
Yeah, in the little entryway to the duplex there's a big rug that spans the length and width of the entry floor and it had gotten pushed up against the doors. There was thismuch of a little gap between the rug and the floor and my foot snagged on it and--you guessed it--I hurt my knee again. Not as bad as before, thank the Lord, but enough to put my butt on the couch with a bag of frozen peas on it for the next two days. *sigh* Had I not fallen against the entry doorjamb, I'd have fallen OUT the entry and onto the concrete and probably done a bit of damage to my whole body and REALLY messed my knee up.
As it was, I was stuck at home all weekend. No cookouts or fun times for Jana this Memorial Day weekend. *sigh* It drove me nuts, too, because I'd planned on treating myself to a nice lunch out and going to see a movie by myself yesterday afternoon. But I couldn't drive and Sis2, Goofus and Alyssa took off for a family day out of town so no asking them for favors. *pout*
The Devil Pup loved it, though. She got to snuggle with me for two days straight. No cleaning, no leaving, no nothing. Just me and the DP on the couch watching the Jon and Kate + 8 marathon of memories on TLC and reading--although, she did get irritated with the whole reading thing. Meanie.
I did manage to read two books, though. So, yay!
And that, as they say, is that. My lovely Memorial Day weekend. Good times. Yeah, good times.
Comments
JenF
I did move it back away from the doors and smooth it out so that I couldn't snag it again.