Friday Rundown

So last weekend wasn't all that bad. Neighbors disappeared for most of the day Saturday leaving me and the DP in quite bliss. I love it when they're gone. hehehe

Spent most of the day packing and watching Lifetime movies. I know, sad, right? But Lifetime was having some kind of "weird movie" weekend or something and they weren't your regular stereotypical Lifetime movies. Lifetime's branching OUT. hehehe

Also made a quick trip to JC Penny's and picked up the drapes I'd ordered. LOVE. THEM. They're so totally gorgeous. Of course now I'm totally regretting the money I spent...well, charged on them. But it'll be worth it when they're hanging gorgeously in my living and dining room.

Sunday was just your regular Sunday. Church, the folks, and home. Oh, but when I got home...The neighbor's daughter...*shakes head*. She needs a spankin'. She'd smeared something that looked like mud but may have been poop all over the porch posts on MY side of the porch. I know it was her because not twenty minutes after I got home I heard her mother out there yelling at her to clean it up. And she did. But oh, was I not happy to see that when I pulled up in front of the duplex.

I'll be so glad to bid them good riddance.

This week has truly been nuts. I've made phone call after phone call after phone call and that's all included with dealing with patrons, working on projects and getting a tiny amount of writing done. BUT, I think everything's finally getting really truly squared away with the homebuying process. Got my attorney hired on Monday. I really liked the secretary because she seemed to know ALL the things I needed to know and do and take care of, unlike my somewhat incompetent realtor and the bank. *sigh*

I took off work early on Tuesday to go sign my insurance documents. Turns out the agent I dealt with is sort of related to me. He's Daddy's second cousin's husband and I used to go to vacation bible school with his daughter when we were children. I didn't know he was in the insurance biz and neither did my folks. Learn something new everyday.

I actually convinced Daddy to take me over there because I had no idea where the office was and since that's "his" town I knew he did. We got Sis2 and Lyssa to go, as well, and ate lunch before my appointment. Being the small town that it is, the options were slim so we picked Hardee's. And, well, no so impressed, actually. I don't really ever go to Hardee's anymore. Not since they stopped selling fried chicken and not since their burgers have been in the press for being the unhealthiest out there. But the burger wasn't even all that good. And the service was slow.

Anyway, we ate, made my appointment and then went to play at Wal-Mart. Lyssa had a ball chasing us all around the store. (Suddenly I feel a bit of deja vu as I write this...as if I've written it before. Weird.) She'd run up to each of us at random times and wrap her arms around our legs. So cute and sweet. I actually managed to go in there an not buy anything, too. Wonder of wonders. lol

On our way home we stopped by the local donut shop and each got a chocolate iced donut and Lyssa got a bag of donut holes. I had teased them about my snacking habits (which are only partially true) that I have to have a snack at 10 and a snack at 3. I do actually normally have a snack at 10 to get me from breakfast to lunch, but only if I've had a light lunch do I snack at 3. But Daddy said I needed my snack so that's why we stopped. Sweet, right? hehehe

Wednesday I wrote a bit for Drifters throughout the day (or tried to. it wasn't coming very smoothly) and spent quite a bit of time doing stuff I don't recall, now. LOL Seriously, parts of this week are actually MISSING from my memory. I know I worked, I know I wrote, but that's about it.

Oh, but I did have a mild panic attack Wednesday morning. (It's coming back to me. Ack!) I got my statement for Mr. Mastercard and they upped up APR BIGTIME which (because there's such a huge balance on that card) upped my minimum payment by $80. I had only budgeted to pay twenty bucks over the minimum that I normally pay. Yikes! So I think I spent a fair amount of time Wednesday morning hyperventilating and crunching numbers. I think I'll be okay with this new minimum but I am now convinced that Mr. Mastercard is getting sliced and diced. I just have to work up the courage to actually do it. LOL

Yesterday I got sucked into Drifters world and ended up writing (and editing the hell out of) a few scenes. (Thanks Pet!) I love it when a story comes together and yesterday it was really happening. Today? Not so much. At least not yet.

I've also been super busy at home in the evenings. Still getting all my packing done. I started Wednesday night packing up books. So far all the built ins in the living room are empty and I cleared one of the two big book cases in the spare room. And I've got like, eight or ten boxes with at least 1.5 book cases left to pack. *sigh* I hope I have enough boxes!

I only have one set of dishes left to pack. And I've got to figure out how I'm going to "pack" my casserole dishes, baking pans, etc. or if I'm just going to carry those out to the car at some point. Have huge pile of junk I'm getting rid of if I can remember to take it to the local thrift store. And packing up all my junk again has really got me thinking that maybe I should get rid of a ton more. Who needs all this stuff, really? It's just stuff I mostly don't even use. Feels wasteful.

Yesterday morning, I spent a good deal of time calling around getting estimates of movers. The cheapest one I could find charged $95 an hour with an automatic hour of drive time charged in. So I'm thinking it'd probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $600. So depressing. But, Mama snuck around behind my back and asked one of my uncles if he thought he would be able to help me. He said he was going to check with another uncle about borrowing a big moving truck and he'd get back with me. I'd pay him, of course, but I'm sure he'd be a lot less expensive than $600 and at least I'd know I could trust him with my stuff.

*sigh* I have this thing now in writing where I want to use apostrophes before the "s" in plurals. Like, apostrophe's instead of apostrophes. I'm so weird sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Anyway, today's Friday and I'm super thrilled about that. I'm seriously exhausted from this week of time suckage and phone calls. Though I'm certain I won't be getting any breaks tomorrow. Mama's birthday is tomorrow so of course we're (Sis2's family, DP and myself) are heading out that way to celebrate. I think Daddy's going to grill burgers and Sis2 got Mama an icecream maker for her birthday that we're going to put her to work using. Yeah, we're gonna make Mama work on her birthday. hehehehe

So that's it from me. Sorry I've been so absent this week, in case anyone cared. Fingers crossed that next week will be less hectic, though I can't make any promises. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
Some kids' parents need to be smacked, 'cause seriously - you can't expect the kids to have manners or behave if the parents don't. Lucky you to be quit of them soon!

Hope Mom had a good birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today