It's Thursday
hehehe
Yesterday I was pretty sure it was gone for good but I've managed to recover at least part of it. Well, only through heavy prayer and turning things over to the Father.
So, I have an estimated closing date on my house of June 19th...in case you missed my twitter update. My realtor finally managed to finagle that out of my mortgage officer on Tuesday, which...how in heck does she get to talk to the MO and I always have to leave a stinkin' voice mail?
And can I just say that May/June is the WORST time to buy a house? Everyone's going on vacation!! Last week it was the MO. This week it's the attorney's secretary and next week it's my insurance agent. Grrr...Don't these people know that the world is supposed to slow to a halt until I get my house closed! hehehe
Meanwhile, the only "vacation" I'm likely to get is the ONE DAY my supervisor is allowing for me to be off to move. And the little here and there trips to tie up little odds and ends of the house buying process. *sigh*
I'm just tired thinking of everything else I've yet to do. I've been packing for a few weeks now and the apartment is starting to look a little bare. What's depressing is that in a couple of weeks I'll have to REVERSE the process and UNBOX all that stuff. Ack! And I've still got to hire movers, go sign the policy for my house insurance, get the attorney officially hired, close on my loan, get all my utilities changed over. Not to mention the actual moving. Moving is so not fun. Thank the Lord that this will be my last move for a good long while--God willing.
But everything's moving along, even if it isn't as fast or as smoothly as I'd hoped it would. Now that I have an actual date in mind I'm so excited I can't stand myself. I've decorated and re-decorated the house so many times in my head that I'm pretty sure by the time I actually move INTO the house, nothing I do to it is going be NEARLY as awesome in reality as it is in my head. LOL
Sis2 and Goofus are moving along on getting their house built. They close on their loan tomorrow, if all goes as planned, and the builder is going to start working on Monday. Super excitement abounds. They're hoping to have it finished and moved into by the time the newest baby comes in November. Fingers crossed, ya'll!
We're all so tired of apartment living it just ain't funny anymore...except we have to laugh to keep from crying--or killing folks! lol
Anyway, I've had a couple of surprises this week. At least one of them a good one. My insurance quote was about half of what I thought it would be. Of course, that's just the preliminary quote but I don't imagine it'd be too much higher when all is said and done.
The other surprises are manageable. Only by the Grace of God are they manageable, but they ARE manageable.
Thankfully, the muse has been visiting me this week, too. I've gotten a few things actually written. Not posted to Drifters, yet, but written and waiting for approval from a collaborator who may or may not respond quickly. But at least it's written and so far the inspiration is holding. Earlier this week I couldn't even muster the creativity to write an interesting blog post. There's so much stuff I wish I'd been inspired to write about my weekend but wasn't.
But that's alright. I'm making it. I'm cresting a high right now so I'm gonna hang onto it as long as I can.
Oh, and I'm totally loving the Twilight Soundtrack. There's only one song missing from the movie that I really wish were on there. The song that plays at the end of the movie just after the scene with Edward and Bella at the prom. It's a nice uptempo song that I love and it's not on there. But still lovin' the soundtrack anyway. Will be mucho contento when I'm in my house and I can crank the stereo full blast and just totally rock out. hehehe
Now, if I can just remember to pay my (four days late) rent this afternoon I'll be good to go! hehehehe
Comments