So Far Behind...

I may never catch up.

*shakes head*

BUT... Despite copiers croaking, printer cartridges drying up and patrons out the wazoo I've been a happy little clam this week. Wanna know why? I'll tell you anyway.

My neighbors have been on VACATION (as in GONE!!) since Saturday morning!!! Picture me doing cartwheels and that's how happy I am. Actually, don't picture me doing cartwheels. I'm wearing a skirt today. :-0

hehehehe

But yeah, they're gone this week. Saturday morning while I was loading up Goofus's truck to go to the folks' house, I overheard the mother say, "We'll put the suitcases in the back" and I was intrigued. When I got home Saturday evening and they were gone and didn't come back, I was cautiously optimistic. Well, it's Wednesday and they're still gone so COLOR ME HAPPY!! hehehe

It's been so peaceful and quiet. Well, mostly. They've had a friend to come by every evening to check on the cat, water the flowers, etc. And she's not exactly quiet when she comes in but then she's gone and peace returns.

Wouldn't it just be the greatest thing EVER if they were gone on vacation until after I move???

Yeah, I know I'm wishing for too much but I can't help it. I'm sooooo ready to be rid of them. Which, I'd feel awful about saying if not for the fact that they've, intentionally or not, made the past year of my life a living hell. Well, maybe I exaggerate a bit but they're certainly not the most considerate people. I suppose they're friendly enough. Just annoying.

Anyway, so Saturday was Mama's birthday. And it rained...POURED all morning. I hitched a ride with Goofus and Sis2 and I am sooooo glad I did. It poured the whole trip. I mean, BUCKETS. Goofus didn't care. I, however, sat in the back with the DP and tried not to pay attention. lol

We had a good day, though. The rain slacked up somewhere around lunch and Daddy grilled burgers and we ate. Took some burgers and stuff to my grandparents. They're both doing better these days, btw. Granny finally found out that she doesn't have congestive heart failure or anything like that. One of her medications was actually the culprit, making her sick. After finally taking Daddy's advice, she switched doctors (went to my parent's doctor) and he was able to tell
her almost right away that it was certain medication. She's been off of it a couple months now and you can't hardly tell she was ever sick.

Paw-Paw's been through a rough patch recently, though. He started taking chemo treatments intravenously and I think that's pretty much self explanatory. But he was feeling better Saturday, able to walk with his walker, which he hadn't been able to do for a few weeks now.

Anyway, we had a good visit with them. Afterward we went back to the folks' house and Mama used her new ice cream maker to make ice-cream and it was sooooooo insanely good. Yum-O. We snarfed it down like nobody's business. lol And Lyssa had fun eating the icing off of Mama's cake. I'd gone to Wal-Mart and gotten Mama a tiny little carrot cake and Lyssa ate the frosting off of one side of it. lol MMmmmm, she said. hehehe

We got home around 7, I think, and I passed out on the couch. Well, pretty much. I think I did manage to get the towels folded and put away that I'd started working on that morning before we left. The DP and I were tuckered out, though. It was a fun day of not doing anything in particular, but it was exhausting. I think I dragged my sorry butt to bed around 9:30 or so. Pitiful.

Sunday, though, well, Sunday I took a day of rest. The folks decided to go to the flea market in Tupelo and since they were gone I decided to play hookie from church. I know, I know. Bad Jana. But with the neighbors gone it was just such an awesome day. The DP and I sat around and read and watched TV. I read Susan Wiggs's Just Breathe and actually FINISHED it that same day. Pretty awesome, since I don't get to read ANYTHING straight through anymore. lol It's a really good book, too.

Once it was done, though, I made myself get up and do some more packing. I think I got a couple more things done, at least.

Found out Friday afternoon, though, that I'm closing TOMORROW! Well, that's the plan right now, anyway. Bank called my realtor Friday and said we were set to go. I'd gotten final approval and we were good to close on the 18th. I, being a spaz, had left my phone on vibrate and in my purse so I didn't get my realtor's message until 6:30 or so Friday night. But I called to confirm it Monday, called my attorney's office and the secretary was supposed to call me back Monday afternoon with a TIME Thursday. Well, today's Wednesday and I still haven't heard back from her. SO, gonna call her back sometime today and find out about that. Gosh, I hope it actually happens tomorrow. I'll be so glad when all this part is done and the house is MINE.

I've still got so much to do, though. Moving, getting the water turned on, getting a fridge, getting satellite hooked up, have a new heat pump installed. I'm going today to have the electricity turned on. Hopefully it'll be done by the weekend. Sis1 and I were hoping to get in there and get some major cleaning knocked out before I move in next weekend. I want to scrub the bathrooms and kitchen, especially. Mop all the floors. Wash down walls. Maybe try to rip out the carpet in the master bedroom. It's a jolly forest green and when I move my stuff in with my pretty red comforter, etc, it's gonna look like Christmas in there. Ugh.

I'm super tempted to paint over all the outdated faux wood paneling but Daddy's dead set against it (he loves the stuff!) and if I tried it and screwed it up I'd never hear the end of it. I mean, I know it's ultimately MY house and I can do whatever I want, but like I said, I'd never hear the end of it of it went badly. But we'll see. Maybe I'll work up some courage at some point.

Anyway, that's what's up with me right now. :-)

Comments

Heather said…
Congrats Jana!

I can imagine how excited you are to get in and start cleaning and decorating your new home. Lucky you!

Take my advice--start making a wish list of all the things you need/want now. The first couple years can be the most expensive as you will discover all sorts of things you need or want. I made so many trips to Menards and Home Depot with Kim when she first bought her house, they practically new us on sight. lol

Seriously though...If you start a list now, you'll have a better idea of what is needed, and what is a priority and what isn't. Plus you won't be scrambling come Christmas when people ask for ideas, and if you don't get it for Christmas, there's always your birthday. *VBG* Don't be afraid to put gift cards on the list, either.

Oh--don't forget smoke detectors, a fire extinguisher or carbon monoxide detector. It pays to be prepared!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today