She's Two!!

Is it just me or does time fly and kids grow up too fast. It seems as though just yesterday our youngest baby girl (I say that like she's mine. lol) was just a wee tiny babe in her mama's arms. We waited forEVER for her to get here and when she did, our lives became insanely brighter.

And now? The girl is two. TWO!! Our littlest baby is TWO. Oy.
We celebrated her birthday Saturday. This year was supposed to be a small stress free gathering of just the three grandparents (my folks and Goofus's mama), Sis1, Emmy and myself. And it was just us. But stress free? Fuggetaboutit. lol

Sis2 ran herself (and Mama) ragged trying to get everything together. Mama made the cake, the mil made the ice cream (it was...blech! chunks of custard that are NOT supposed to be in there.) and Sis2 and Goofus were grilling burgers and putting the meal together. Mama ended up making the tater salad, the baked beans, cutting the veggies and toasting the buns. I think Emmy helped put the chips and dip out. She sure ate enough of them before lunch, anyway. lol
Sis2, hugely preggers, didn't have the energy to do much and Goofus, well, he's a bit on the lazy side. Though I gotta give the boy props. He can grill a burger like nobody's business.
Hmmm...wonder if they still have any leftovers.
Anyway, where was I? Oh right. The party.

Though we were sort of dreading it (none of us really care to be around Goofus's mama--she's a big annoying pain in the neck) we ended up having a good time. Lyssa seemed to enjoy herself. But then, Lyssa is a party unto herself and wherever she is, fun is sure to follow. hehehe

Girl wracked up on some goods, too. Tons of puzzles and since she's all into Dora the Explorer right now, she got tons of Dora stuff--including the t-shirt she was wearing. That one came from yours truly. ;-)

And despite the fact that I was in a terrible mood (My mother put me there. Imagine that. lol) I did have a good time. Anytime spent with my girls is a good time. Even if I did make Emmy mad a couple of times. (She's got issues with not liking to be corrected--however gently!--on ANYTHING.)


And so it was that my Saturday was spent celebrating our sweet little Lyssa. I still can't believe she's two. And TALKING. Ack!

Stay tuned for November when Emmy turns 10. I may need therapy. hehehe

Oh, but also in November, we mustn't forget the newest wee babe scheduled to join our little family. Or, if the doc does a c-section, it'll be in October. *gasp*

Comments

Heather said…
"Is it just me or does time fly and kids grow up too fast."

Lemme put it this way: The niece born mere weeks before I started my last week of college...starts her first week of college in September. How can she be that old already?!
Jana said…
Gracious. I don't even want to think about how old I'll be when Emmy starts college. *shakes head* lol
Heather said…
You know, I thought after I logged off the other night that I mistyped that, and I did. I meant to say, "born mere weeks before my last year of college..." You probably knew what I meant, though, right? LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today