Weekend Review: Babysitters Edition Pt. 2
So, where was I? Right. Laundry, HGTV, and the Devil Pup.
Yeah, so currently I'm all about home renovation type stuff. HGTV, Better Homes and Gardens and my newest fixation, Young House Love. And the total bummer?? I have no money, no energy and no TIME to do any of the home improvement projects I'd love to have done around the house. Not to mention, I got no skillz. So maybe that's why I like to watch OTHER people do it. hehehe
Saturday night I settled in with another new obsession, True Blood. Yes, people. I have finally discovered Sookie Stackhouse and the wonderfully sexy/creepy vampire, Bill. (Sorry Edward. He's way hotter.) I've been getting the Season 1 DVD's from Netflix and Saturday night's viewings were episodes 6-8, or as I like to think of them, Sookie looses it to some hot vampire LURV from Bill. (Again, sorry Edward, but Bill's got you beat. Don't wait up for me. hehe)
Supposed to get Episodes 9-whatever in the mail today. I'm on the cheapie Netflix. One disc at a time. So the progress of discovering yummy Bill has been deliciously slow and steady. I've been told that Bill loses some of his yummyness as the series continues. But there's something about the way he says Sookie's name that just...whoo. Yeah.
Anyway, Sunday was another rainy day. (Nice segue, huh? lol) I'm not complaining about the rain. Not exactly, anyway. Rain is welcome, since we'd been in drought up till it started raining last week. Or whenever. It feels as though it has been raining FOREVER.
I was supposed to go with Mama to pick up Emmy but around 8:30 Sun. morning, Daddy calls and says, "Hey, you don't really want to go, do ya. I'm going if you don't want to." Which in Daddy speaks means, he didn't want us little women goin' off by ourselves so he was going and I could stay home, thankyouverymuch. Except, he had to make it seem like it was because I'm a lazy bum who didn't want to go so that Mama wouldn't be all "Psshh, we can go by ourselves. We don't need a big strong man to drive." Cause she's totally feminist like that and Daddy's all old skool.
So I guess I was just taken off the hook Sunday afternoon. We quick snarffed some lunch and off they went. I went home with the DP and we watched HGTV and Food Network until they got back and dropped Emmy off with me for a little while.
I was under the impression that Emmy would spend the night with me since she and I were going to have a play day on Monday. Emmy had other ideas. "Your house is creepy. I want to stay at Nana's. Maybe once I get used to it..." Meaning: Nana has all the GOOD snacks.
So we played for a bit and then went to supper at Nana and Bobo's where she almost choked and died on a piece of fried okra. Well, she ACTED like she was choking and dying. What REALLY happened was, she accidentally swallowed a piece of fried okra whole and it scratched her throat a bit. But she was acting like she was unable to breath and Mama attempted a lite version of the Heimlich while we all freaked out. But she survived--not without tears--and managed to finish her supper.
Heart attack much?
*shakes head*
So Monday morning Daddy brought her up to my house around 9 and I fed her breakfast and we talked and she played and showered in my creepy house. When she went to do her inhaler, uh-oh! It's empty! So we had to quick call her mama and have the prescription sent to the Walgreen's in town where we had drive a whopping 45 minutes(!) to go pick it up. We'd planned on going to town for lunch and to rent movies anyway, but still! hehe
Town was a mess. Folks were everywhere. And McDonald's...the drive-thru was backed up to the highway and the line inside was backed up clear through to the middle of the restaurant. But we got our burgers (she got a cheeseburger happy meal and I got the Angus bacon cheeseburger which sounds kinda kinky but really isn't) and wouldn't you know there weren't any napkins anywhere? Good thing I didn't get the Big Mac!!
Hmmm...a Big Mac would be mighty tasty for supper tonight. And since I drove...
Wait, where was I?
Oh yeah, lunch Monday.
Wouldn't you know that a guy I would have a crush on if he weren't married was sitting right across from us only I didn't know until he got up to leave and spoke to me? And wouldn't you know that just before he spoke to me I took a huge bite of burger? Yeah. Go me. Good thing he's married and I don't officially care if I looked like a cow chewing cud.
Once lunch was done, we rented a couple of movies (Hotel for Dogs and Kit Kitredge) and made a quick stop at Dollar Tree for some craft supplies. Emmy loves doing projects and she HAS TO BE DOING STUFF AT ALL TIMES. The child can't park it in front of a TV and just veg. No, she's gotta be DOING STUFF. I'm a total vegger.
Anyway, once we got home, we settled down with her project and watched Hotel For Dogs which, btw, is a totally cute movie. If only life were like the movies, though. Too bad I can't get sucked into a kiddie movie (or romantic comedy!) and live happily ever after.
After that movie went off and her project was complete she was BORED and WHAT CAN WE DO? So like any good aunt, I pulled out the junk food and we ate Pringles and cookies and string cheese and made ice pops out of fruit punch. But we didn't have any sticks to make them actual pops, so they're more like fruit punch CUBES which. Yeah. We still haven't figured out how we're going to eat them. But I have her again tomorrow afternoon so I'm sure we'll figure something out. Maybe in a fit of boredom. hehe
Nana came and picked her up around 6 and so ends my day of babysitting. So I quick made supper and vegged on the couch with a Ghost Whisperer rerun (it comes on Mon. nights on Ion, I've discovered! Oh happy Monday! lol) and The Closer. And then took the DP out to pee and then we went to bed. The end.
hehehe
Yeah, so currently I'm all about home renovation type stuff. HGTV, Better Homes and Gardens and my newest fixation, Young House Love. And the total bummer?? I have no money, no energy and no TIME to do any of the home improvement projects I'd love to have done around the house. Not to mention, I got no skillz. So maybe that's why I like to watch OTHER people do it. hehehe
Saturday night I settled in with another new obsession, True Blood. Yes, people. I have finally discovered Sookie Stackhouse and the wonderfully sexy/creepy vampire, Bill. (Sorry Edward. He's way hotter.) I've been getting the Season 1 DVD's from Netflix and Saturday night's viewings were episodes 6-8, or as I like to think of them, Sookie looses it to some hot vampire LURV from Bill. (Again, sorry Edward, but Bill's got you beat. Don't wait up for me. hehe)
Supposed to get Episodes 9-whatever in the mail today. I'm on the cheapie Netflix. One disc at a time. So the progress of discovering yummy Bill has been deliciously slow and steady. I've been told that Bill loses some of his yummyness as the series continues. But there's something about the way he says Sookie's name that just...whoo. Yeah.
Anyway, Sunday was another rainy day. (Nice segue, huh? lol) I'm not complaining about the rain. Not exactly, anyway. Rain is welcome, since we'd been in drought up till it started raining last week. Or whenever. It feels as though it has been raining FOREVER.
I was supposed to go with Mama to pick up Emmy but around 8:30 Sun. morning, Daddy calls and says, "Hey, you don't really want to go, do ya. I'm going if you don't want to." Which in Daddy speaks means, he didn't want us little women goin' off by ourselves so he was going and I could stay home, thankyouverymuch. Except, he had to make it seem like it was because I'm a lazy bum who didn't want to go so that Mama wouldn't be all "Psshh, we can go by ourselves. We don't need a big strong man to drive." Cause she's totally feminist like that and Daddy's all old skool.
So I guess I was just taken off the hook Sunday afternoon. We quick snarffed some lunch and off they went. I went home with the DP and we watched HGTV and Food Network until they got back and dropped Emmy off with me for a little while.
I was under the impression that Emmy would spend the night with me since she and I were going to have a play day on Monday. Emmy had other ideas. "Your house is creepy. I want to stay at Nana's. Maybe once I get used to it..." Meaning: Nana has all the GOOD snacks.
So we played for a bit and then went to supper at Nana and Bobo's where she almost choked and died on a piece of fried okra. Well, she ACTED like she was choking and dying. What REALLY happened was, she accidentally swallowed a piece of fried okra whole and it scratched her throat a bit. But she was acting like she was unable to breath and Mama attempted a lite version of the Heimlich while we all freaked out. But she survived--not without tears--and managed to finish her supper.
Heart attack much?
*shakes head*
So Monday morning Daddy brought her up to my house around 9 and I fed her breakfast and we talked and she played and showered in my creepy house. When she went to do her inhaler, uh-oh! It's empty! So we had to quick call her mama and have the prescription sent to the Walgreen's in town where we had drive a whopping 45 minutes(!) to go pick it up. We'd planned on going to town for lunch and to rent movies anyway, but still! hehe
Town was a mess. Folks were everywhere. And McDonald's...the drive-thru was backed up to the highway and the line inside was backed up clear through to the middle of the restaurant. But we got our burgers (she got a cheeseburger happy meal and I got the Angus bacon cheeseburger which sounds kinda kinky but really isn't) and wouldn't you know there weren't any napkins anywhere? Good thing I didn't get the Big Mac!!
Hmmm...a Big Mac would be mighty tasty for supper tonight. And since I drove...
Wait, where was I?
Oh yeah, lunch Monday.
Wouldn't you know that a guy I would have a crush on if he weren't married was sitting right across from us only I didn't know until he got up to leave and spoke to me? And wouldn't you know that just before he spoke to me I took a huge bite of burger? Yeah. Go me. Good thing he's married and I don't officially care if I looked like a cow chewing cud.
Once lunch was done, we rented a couple of movies (Hotel for Dogs and Kit Kitredge) and made a quick stop at Dollar Tree for some craft supplies. Emmy loves doing projects and she HAS TO BE DOING STUFF AT ALL TIMES. The child can't park it in front of a TV and just veg. No, she's gotta be DOING STUFF. I'm a total vegger.
Anyway, once we got home, we settled down with her project and watched Hotel For Dogs which, btw, is a totally cute movie. If only life were like the movies, though. Too bad I can't get sucked into a kiddie movie (or romantic comedy!) and live happily ever after.
After that movie went off and her project was complete she was BORED and WHAT CAN WE DO? So like any good aunt, I pulled out the junk food and we ate Pringles and cookies and string cheese and made ice pops out of fruit punch. But we didn't have any sticks to make them actual pops, so they're more like fruit punch CUBES which. Yeah. We still haven't figured out how we're going to eat them. But I have her again tomorrow afternoon so I'm sure we'll figure something out. Maybe in a fit of boredom. hehe
Nana came and picked her up around 6 and so ends my day of babysitting. So I quick made supper and vegged on the couch with a Ghost Whisperer rerun (it comes on Mon. nights on Ion, I've discovered! Oh happy Monday! lol) and The Closer. And then took the DP out to pee and then we went to bed. The end.
hehehe
Comments
I watched 9-12 Friday and Saturday. Ooo boy. Things are definitely getting interesting. I think I've only got one more disc to go, though, right? Then I'll be bummed while I wait for season 2 to come out on DVD. *sigh*