In a World of Rain

It's Saturday morning and the world is awash in, well--RAIN! For the third day strait. Or straight. However you spell it. hehehe

Driving to work this morning (YES! I AM AT WORK ON A SATURDAY! BOO, HISS!) was an effort. It was fairly non-rainy when I left, but about halfway to town it started raining. Then it started pouring. Then, because I couldn't see, I veered my car off the highway into a ravine.

JUST KIDDING!

I very well could have, though. It certainly rained hard enough during one stretch. I hate driving in the rain. Almost as much as I hate people talking to me before 8am. (Which my mother does every darn day on the way to work. She's enjoying torturing me, I think.)

I don't really have anything interesting to say at all today except that it's raining. Oh, and that while I'm goofing off, err, I mean, working, my sisters, nieces and the folks are gone up to my grandparent's house for a visit. Sis1 and Emmy came home yesterday for the weekend explicitly to visit with Paw-Paw and Granny. Well, Granny, really, cause Paw-Paw's not so responsive these days. But Sis1 wanted to see him cause she hasn't seen him since...I don't know when. Christmas of last year maybe? I might be exaggerating, but I doubt it. Cause she doesn't come home much anymore and when she does she doesn't go visit the g-parents. She may have seen them at Easter, but I don't really recall what we did for Easter. Anyone else remember? (cause I'm sure I blogged about it on here. lol)

Anyway, they're all there while I'm stuck here killing time until I can go home. And not that I'm complaining, per se, but we haven't had one stinking patron all morning. Unlike last Saturday when we had THREE!!! (all caps and exclamation points because I'm pretty sure that those three are the first three patrons we've had on a Saturday in, like, YEARS.)

After I get off work, though, we're going to visit my mother's folks for a little recording session. Paw-Paw H. has some new recording "toys" he's been dying to try out and he's been after me and Mama to come sing so he can record us. I guess you could say we're cutting a demo. Next week I'll be in Nashville sighing a contract, thankyouverramuch. I promise to remember all you "little people" when I'm famous. hehehehe

Cause a Mississippi girl don't change her ways,
just 'cause everybody knows her name,
ain't big headed from a little bit of fame...

;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today