No, I didn't kiss him.
So, what's that crazy Jana doing out on her lawn now? She gonna spray paint her laundry detergent basket? That crazy girl and her spray paint. Always painti--
Wait, what's that? That doesn't look entirely like grass. Wha--
A FROG? What's that crazy girl doin' with a frog? There's gotta be a story in there somewhere. I hope...

Of course there is. Let me tell you it.
You see, yesterday morning in my mad dash out the door this little guy hopped inside the house. I tried scooping him out with my umbrella. Really smooth, I am. What can I say? It was already in my hand and I was in a hurry. Had I been using the old noodle I'd have grabbed the dustpan or something that might actually catch a frog.
But this little guy was smart. He hopped twice and disappeared. The little basket thingy you see up in the top picture is kept on the floor next to the dryer. (My carport door opens up into the laundry/mud room.) So I lifted the basket up and looked beneath it, nothing. Didn't have time to fool with it so I growled, grabbed my bag, keys and umbrella and left. I'd worry about it later. Like when it turned up dead somewhere and it's crumbly gross carcass tumbled out on me.
Then I promptly forgot about it.
Fast forward to around 6 o'clock last night. I'd just finished supper, and as apt to happen, I'd dribbled ravioli sauce on my shirt. I bebopped of to the laundry room to pretreat it, reached down to grab the spray and wash out of the little basket thingy and there sat the frog between the laundry detergent and the spray starch.
Thankfully the DP was busy snarfing down her own supper to pay me much attention. I gently lifted the entire basket and carried it outside with this FEAR that the little guy would jump out at me at just any moment. While I don't necessarily have a fear of frogs, I don't particularly relish the idea of one touching me.
I had to completely empty the contents from the basket and dump him out. Well, he hopped out, but I had to give the basket a shake to make him leave. He'd apparently made himself rather comfy. And then he just sat there and let this crazy chick take pics of him. Silly frog. hehe
He's difficult to see on the grass, though, right? Totally green with a little rim of yellow. Very neat to study. Most of the frogs I see are usually the toady kind.
Question for any froggy people. Or People who just generally know more than me: Is this a tree frog?
Anyway, I assume he finally woke up and hopped off to a puddle of water or a tree or wherever he'd normally live 'cause he was gone when I took the DP out later.
And so ends my frog tale. :-)
Wait, what's that? That doesn't look entirely like grass. Wha--
A FROG? What's that crazy girl doin' with a frog? There's gotta be a story in there somewhere. I hope...
Of course there is. Let me tell you it.
You see, yesterday morning in my mad dash out the door this little guy hopped inside the house. I tried scooping him out with my umbrella. Really smooth, I am. What can I say? It was already in my hand and I was in a hurry. Had I been using the old noodle I'd have grabbed the dustpan or something that might actually catch a frog.
But this little guy was smart. He hopped twice and disappeared. The little basket thingy you see up in the top picture is kept on the floor next to the dryer. (My carport door opens up into the laundry/mud room.) So I lifted the basket up and looked beneath it, nothing. Didn't have time to fool with it so I growled, grabbed my bag, keys and umbrella and left. I'd worry about it later. Like when it turned up dead somewhere and it's crumbly gross carcass tumbled out on me.
Then I promptly forgot about it.
Fast forward to around 6 o'clock last night. I'd just finished supper, and as apt to happen, I'd dribbled ravioli sauce on my shirt. I bebopped of to the laundry room to pretreat it, reached down to grab the spray and wash out of the little basket thingy and there sat the frog between the laundry detergent and the spray starch.
Thankfully the DP was busy snarfing down her own supper to pay me much attention. I gently lifted the entire basket and carried it outside with this FEAR that the little guy would jump out at me at just any moment. While I don't necessarily have a fear of frogs, I don't particularly relish the idea of one touching me.
I had to completely empty the contents from the basket and dump him out. Well, he hopped out, but I had to give the basket a shake to make him leave. He'd apparently made himself rather comfy. And then he just sat there and let this crazy chick take pics of him. Silly frog. hehe
He's difficult to see on the grass, though, right? Totally green with a little rim of yellow. Very neat to study. Most of the frogs I see are usually the toady kind.
Question for any froggy people. Or People who just generally know more than me: Is this a tree frog?
Anyway, I assume he finally woke up and hopped off to a puddle of water or a tree or wherever he'd normally live 'cause he was gone when I took the DP out later.
And so ends my frog tale. :-)
Comments
And yes, I think that is a Giant White-Lipped tree frog. There's a picture of one HERE