And then I burned my arm. :-(
So I did actually make the coffee. *sigh*
I rushed home all giddy, swept the floors, changed into my good jeans and fluffed my hair. Went around the house to make sure it was still clean. And then I waited. When he hadn't shown up by 6 I thought, okay. I'll make the coffee. I guess my thinking was that maybe God was waiting for me to make up my mind. And too, I thought, he might actually appreciate it since it was getting cool outside. So I made it. Poured myself a cup and waited. Turned the porch light on at about 6:30 and sipped my coffee.
At around 7:00, he called. He wasn't coming. All the rain we'd had that day had interfered with the job he was doing and he was still working. Wasn't sure when he'd get finished. We talked for like maybe three or five minutes. Long enough for me to giggle stupidly a couple of times, him to complain about the rain and make arrangements to meet today before the inspector came to check out the unit and stuff. And then that was it.
All that anticipation. All that angsting and butterflies in my stomach. All that wishful thinking and the stupid RAIN messed everything up. Color me disappointed.
I still can't believe I actually made the coffee. I even rehearsed my casual "Would you like a cup of coffee?" speech in my head. Also rehearsed what I'd say when he refused. *sigh*
Anyway, I finished my coffee and went and put my pj's on so I could sulk in comfort. lol But because I'd been too nervous to eat supper earlier (plus I didn't want him knocking on the door just as I started eating.) I ate a string cheese and half an apple and then decided to make cinnamon toast. You know, for comfort food. Mostly because I didn't have any chocolate to load up on. (Gonna hafta stop and get some for tonight's disappointment. lol) I pulled the toast from the toaster oven and set the pan on top of the oven. And then stupid me, reached over the hot pan to unplug the toaster oven and burned my stupid arm.
Perfect ending to a rainy disappointing day.
Hope. It ain't for sissies.
I rushed home all giddy, swept the floors, changed into my good jeans and fluffed my hair. Went around the house to make sure it was still clean. And then I waited. When he hadn't shown up by 6 I thought, okay. I'll make the coffee. I guess my thinking was that maybe God was waiting for me to make up my mind. And too, I thought, he might actually appreciate it since it was getting cool outside. So I made it. Poured myself a cup and waited. Turned the porch light on at about 6:30 and sipped my coffee.
At around 7:00, he called. He wasn't coming. All the rain we'd had that day had interfered with the job he was doing and he was still working. Wasn't sure when he'd get finished. We talked for like maybe three or five minutes. Long enough for me to giggle stupidly a couple of times, him to complain about the rain and make arrangements to meet today before the inspector came to check out the unit and stuff. And then that was it.
All that anticipation. All that angsting and butterflies in my stomach. All that wishful thinking and the stupid RAIN messed everything up. Color me disappointed.
I still can't believe I actually made the coffee. I even rehearsed my casual "Would you like a cup of coffee?" speech in my head. Also rehearsed what I'd say when he refused. *sigh*
Anyway, I finished my coffee and went and put my pj's on so I could sulk in comfort. lol But because I'd been too nervous to eat supper earlier (plus I didn't want him knocking on the door just as I started eating.) I ate a string cheese and half an apple and then decided to make cinnamon toast. You know, for comfort food. Mostly because I didn't have any chocolate to load up on. (Gonna hafta stop and get some for tonight's disappointment. lol) I pulled the toast from the toaster oven and set the pan on top of the oven. And then stupid me, reached over the hot pan to unplug the toaster oven and burned my stupid arm.
Perfect ending to a rainy disappointing day.
Hope. It ain't for sissies.
Comments