Bathroom Makeovers!!

The Master Bathroom before: Butt Ugly light fixture with mix-matched bulbs.
And just overall plain. Nothing to see here, folks.
Amazing what just a new light fixture (from Wal-Mart's Dream Collection, in satin nickle finish), a coat or two of black paint on the vanity and some new towel hardware accessories can do for a room. Oh, and a new shower curtain, of course.Didn't do any painting in here, other than the vanity, but added art and accessories for a sleek and (hopefully) polished look.


New satin nickle cabinet pulls pop agains the black vanity.

I'd love to change the counter top in this bathroom, but alas, it is outside my budget. I can live with green. I guess. ;-) (I don't know why this picture looks so crooked. I swear I was standing up straight! )

Guest Bathroom before: A little blah and borning. Very vanilla.


The Guest bath after a coat of Valspar's Spring Something or other (i'll hafta get the name and come back and update it. Slipped my mind. lol), a new light fixture (The Dream collection at Wal-Mart, in tuscan bronze), and a set of Moen's Sienna collection towel ring, bar and tp holder (from Lowe's) and coat (or two) of Valspar's "New Black" on the vanity:

The art is a print of John William Waterhouse's "Miranda and the Tempest"--a print that I've had for several years, just couldn't decide where to hang it.
The only new thing missing from this shot is the freshly spray painted basket that houses the spare tp. I spray painted it black and it was in process of drying when I decided to snap some pics. Oops! My bad!


So? What do you think? Was it worth all the paint in my hair, the achy muscles and the high I got from paint and primer fumes?
I certainly think so. :)
So, two upgrades/projects complete. Next up: Priming and painting panelling. Then replacing carpet in the bedrooms. More than likely, though, those projects will hafta wait until Christmas Vacation. We has us a baby coming in two weeks!! Holy poopy diaper, Batman!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It all looks great, Jana. Wish you could come and do mine. I was especially delighted to see Waterhouse's Miranda. It's one of my favorite pictures. I have a download of it saved in My Pictures and plan to print it out someday because I've never seen it anywhere to buy. Where did you get yours?
Aunt B
Jana said…
Aunt B~I ordered my print of Miranda from allposters.com. They have a TON of prints. I got the 11x13 and I think I paid something like $16 for it?
Anonymous said…
Thanks...I'll check that out.
Aunt B
Anonymous said…
hmmm...it appears the prices have gone up a bit. The smallest I found (12" x 9") was 43.99. And they go all the way to a couple of hundred. I have a pretty good printer...I'm going to make a print of my own. Is that legal??LOL Don't think Mr. Waterhouse will complain.
Aunt B
Jana said…
Yikes! They really HAVE gone up. I did buy mine several years ago, though. But sheesh! That's a huge price leap!
Jana said…
Aunt B, I found it on Amazon for way less... :-)http://www.amazon.com/William-Waterhouse-Miranda-Tempest-Poster/dp/B001U9J74K
Anonymous said…
hmmm again...according to the measurements, and the look of the picture, the one on Amazon has been cropped a lot, width-wise. They've cut off the ship! Guess that explains the less than $5 price.
Aunt B
Heather said…
You done good, Jana -- it all looks great. And I for one like the green vanity. Now you can have a bit of a rest before tackling the next big project. Hehe...
Jana said…
Aunt B~I dunno. *shrugs* Probably IS too good to be true.

Heather~Thanks! And I don't hate the green countertop, it just doesn't fit with my "vision" for the space. hehehehe
JenS said…
So funny, Miranda is one of my favorites as well. I have a print of it awaiting being hung in my library.
Love the bathrooms, Jana, they look super snazzy.
So fun that you had a great housewarming. Sounds like you really got some great things from some people that really love you. That's a wonderful feeling.
I always enjoy to see your home updates. I'm living vicariously through you. :) You're my home improvement channel. hehe
Jana said…
LOL Jen, you're so funny. ;-) I'm just a product of too much HGTV. I wish the Food Network inspired me as much. LOL

Good to know I'm not alone in my love for the Miranda print. *grin*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today