If October Doesn't Kill Me...
This has just been one absolutely wild month...and it's only half over! Still so much to do and get done. I feel like I've been constantly on the go. Doing this, that and the other. Between family get togethers, work events, helping Sis2 and Goofus get ready to move--not to mention all the house stuff I've been doing for myself. Heat pump installation, painting everything that will stand still, prepping the house for this Sunday's housewarming--I may not survive it all. lol
This weekend likely won't be much better. I'm fairly certain that we're scheduled to return to Sis2's to help her finish packing and junk. Then, if nothing changes and everything goes as planned, we'll be helping them move into their new house! And then the weekend after THAT is when the baby is scheduled to arrive.
*pant*
Okay, I'm seriously exhausted just THINKING about what all is left to do. If October doesn't kill me, I hope it makes me stronger. lol
Last night I stopped by Sonic for supper, went home, ate and crashed on the couch. Seriously. I just crashed. The Devil Pup and I watched Jeff Dunham on Comedy Central and laughed until our faces hurt and it was So. Nice. just to sit and relax. I'd almost forgotten what that's like.
Speaking of Jeff Dunham, though...he's hilarious. I *heart* him. He's got a new series starting on Comedy Central next Thursday. I can't wait. I can definitely use a lot more laughter in my life, that's for sure. If you've never seen any of his Comedy Central specials, look for them. Guaranteed laugh. And I don't usually like a lot of stand-up comics--especially ventriloquists. But he rocks. :-)
Anyway, tonight I'll likely go home and start getting the house cleaned up for Sunday...do the laundry, vacuum, clean the kitchen, straighten up the DP's room. Daddy's supposed to come by at some point to install the towel bars and stuff in my bathrooms. He may try to tackle that sometime today, since he came by last night for me to show him where I wanted them. Said he didn't know if he'd get to them all. Whatever. If I had the tools to do it, I'd do it myself. Men are the biggest babies about doing stuff. *shakes head*
Guess I'm gonna hafta start myself a little tool collection, huh? At least a good cordless drill, cordless screwdriver and a level. I already have the basics--a decent set of manual screwdrivers, a hammer and tape measure. And I do have *a* cordless screwdriver...it's just not a very powerful one. And to be honest, I don't mind building stuff. Sis2 and I put together some of our own furniture back before she got hitched. Other than the fact that I tend to do things wrong the first time, I actually enjoy that kind of stuff. *shrugs*
But anyway, that's the plans for me. Hope all the rest of you have a good one. And try to stay warm! ;-)
This weekend likely won't be much better. I'm fairly certain that we're scheduled to return to Sis2's to help her finish packing and junk. Then, if nothing changes and everything goes as planned, we'll be helping them move into their new house! And then the weekend after THAT is when the baby is scheduled to arrive.
*pant*
Okay, I'm seriously exhausted just THINKING about what all is left to do. If October doesn't kill me, I hope it makes me stronger. lol
Last night I stopped by Sonic for supper, went home, ate and crashed on the couch. Seriously. I just crashed. The Devil Pup and I watched Jeff Dunham on Comedy Central and laughed until our faces hurt and it was So. Nice. just to sit and relax. I'd almost forgotten what that's like.
Speaking of Jeff Dunham, though...he's hilarious. I *heart* him. He's got a new series starting on Comedy Central next Thursday. I can't wait. I can definitely use a lot more laughter in my life, that's for sure. If you've never seen any of his Comedy Central specials, look for them. Guaranteed laugh. And I don't usually like a lot of stand-up comics--especially ventriloquists. But he rocks. :-)
Anyway, tonight I'll likely go home and start getting the house cleaned up for Sunday...do the laundry, vacuum, clean the kitchen, straighten up the DP's room. Daddy's supposed to come by at some point to install the towel bars and stuff in my bathrooms. He may try to tackle that sometime today, since he came by last night for me to show him where I wanted them. Said he didn't know if he'd get to them all. Whatever. If I had the tools to do it, I'd do it myself. Men are the biggest babies about doing stuff. *shakes head*
Guess I'm gonna hafta start myself a little tool collection, huh? At least a good cordless drill, cordless screwdriver and a level. I already have the basics--a decent set of manual screwdrivers, a hammer and tape measure. And I do have *a* cordless screwdriver...it's just not a very powerful one. And to be honest, I don't mind building stuff. Sis2 and I put together some of our own furniture back before she got hitched. Other than the fact that I tend to do things wrong the first time, I actually enjoy that kind of stuff. *shrugs*
But anyway, that's the plans for me. Hope all the rest of you have a good one. And try to stay warm! ;-)
Comments