The Quilt

Shot some pics of the quilt I received at my housewarming. Had to spread it out on my bed to get it all. It's at least a full size, if not queen. And so perty!

If you see a lump on the right...
It's a Devil Pup! LOL
This is a close-up of one of my favorite squares. Reminds me of a poodle skirt. I always wanted one of those when I was a kid. :)

And some more close-ups...




The DP was on the move. She enjoyed snaking around underneath the quilt.


This square contains some of the fabric from my great-grandmother. If I remember correctly, it's the solid purple and she used it around the border, too.

A fun pattern...

And the blue piping is from my great-grandmother's fabric, too, I think. To be honest, I was in such awe of the quilt, I sorta missed all that she said about my great-grandmother's fabric. *sheepish grin*


And then the DP surfaced again and it was time to fold it away to await the quilt rack I'm going to order/buy soon. There'll be no hiding this masterpiece away. It's going to be on display. :) Much like the DP. lol

Comments

Heather said…
Oh, that is pretty! What a wonderful heirloom/treasure you received. I know how you will cherish it.
Bridget Locke said…
Wow! That is lovely! My great aunt always gives beautiful quilts that she's done...but only for weddings and baby showers. At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to get one. :(
Jana said…
Bridget~It's really not fair that you have to get hitched or knocked up to get anything special, is it?

If I ever make anything beautiful, I'll send it to you, okay? Just for being special you. ;-)
Bridget Locke said…
Aw shucks, now I feel loved. lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today