Wishful Thinking The Sequel

So the lights did get installed last night! Yay! Now I've definitely gotta paint the guest bathroom walls, though. The new light fixture is a bit shorter than the old one and on either side of it is some lovely maroon. Yes. The former owners at one point had MAROON bathroom walls. Yikes! Hopeful painting will get knocked out sometime this week. Not tonight and definitely not tomorrow night. So maybe Thursday or Friday night?

That is, if I don't have a date Friday night. hehehe

Nah, I'm pretty sure I won't, but it's fun to think about.

Heat Pump Hottie called last night while my uncle was working on the lights. You remember I told you about how he said he'd hafta come back to install the filter vent thing? And remember how I totally screwed up by suggesting that my dad could meet him out there for that? Well, last night when he called, he asked me first about meeting with the electric company for inspecting the unit so that my financing can be approved. THEN he asked me about meeting me TONIGHT (or this evening, I guess, is the correct term) because he thought that might be better than having to bother anyone else. Meaning...He wanted to see me instead of my dad? Or, he was just being thoughtful? Or he's busy and needed to get it done before the inspection and tonight's the only time he can get to it. (Yeah, prolly that last one. lol) Either way, I get to see him again this evening! Woo Hoo!

Yeah, I know. I'm just doing some serious wishful thinking here. It more than likely doesn't mean ANYTHING. But a girl can hope, right?

I'm just seriously in...I don't know. It's not lust, exactly. Definitely not love. Sheesh! I barely know the guy. Fascination? Is that the word? Not infatuation. Not quite. Not obsessed. Just...fascinated. Totally crushing on him. hehehe He's the first guy in a LONG time who's really caught my fancy. I don't even think I was this excited and loopy and swoony over Preacher Man. (Was I?) Honestly, it's like I can't stop grinning just thinking about him. And even as I feel this way I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. No way could he possibly be feeling even a fraction of the same way about me. I probably don't even cross his mind except in the professional capacity, yanno? He's probably like, "Crap, I forgot to call her and ask when to come install that thing." And that's it.

But you know what else? He's calling me by my first name now. At first, he was all "Miss Hunter" but since Monday he's all casual, "Hey Jana." hehehehe

I'm just a stupid girl. Eternally hopeful, but nonetheless stupid.

*sigh*

Anyway, I did get the bathroom vanities finished. I went totally off from the instructions on Young House Love and instead of giving the whole thing a second coat and waiting five days for it to dry, instead, I went ahead and rehung the cabinet doors and THEN gave the doors and the front facings a second coat. The rest of the unit looked pretty darned awesome so I just thought I'd save myself the trouble. *shrugs* Plus, I"m impatient. And they both look great. At least I think so anyway. I'm saving the after pictures for when we get the walls painted and the hardware put up. hehehe

It's just all starting to come together with the house and stuff. Slowly, but surely, I'm seeing progress in making it mine. You know, maybe all the excitement...that feeling of accomplishment and "I can do anything" is feeding into this crush thing and it's just making me giddy. It'd be nice if I could explain it all away because then it would mean that when our business is concluded and I never see or hear from him again, I won't be so disappointed. Because I will be disappointed. If I've learned nothing else from past experience, it's that I always end up disappointed in the end. A big gush of feeling, a butt load of wishful thinking and then...nuthin'. *shrug* Story of my un-love life.

The friends I've actually halfway discussed him with (No one in my face to face life, lemme tell you. Been there, faced THAT humiliation and bought the t-shirt. No thanks.) are all like, "Ask him out for coffee" or some such nonsense. And if I were a regular girl that would be the obvious and smart thing to do, no doubt. But I'm not a regular girl. I'm a bundle of nerves, a big giant tub of insecurities who refuses to take that chance. Because me? Not so much on the whole rejection and humiliation thing. *shakes head* (Been there, too. Burned that t-shirt.) Besides, I wouldn't know HOW to be all casual, "Hey, would you like to go out for coffee sometime?" Not that going out for coffee is all that practical around here. But the thought even crossed my mind that I could have some coffee already made when he gets there tonight and ask him if he'd like a cup. But no sooner had the thought entered my head than my stomach twisted up in knots and I nearly hurled. *shudders* (Seriously? Do some women actually have the confidence to DO THAT?? lol)

So yeah...not so much.

But for now I'm taking my excitement and running with it. Brick wall, here I come!

Comments

Heather said…
But the thought even crossed my mind that I could have some coffee already made when he gets there tonight and ask him if he'd like a cup. But no sooner had the thought entered my head than my stomach twisted up in knots and I nearly hurled.

So you probably wouldn't like my idea of baking cookies (and they have those nice pre-packed ones now that are ready to bake) and offering him some, hmmm? Just a suggestion... ;)
Jana said…
LOL Yeah, I already thought of that, too...and just as quickly nixed it.

I need gumption or moxy or whatever it is that makes the women in movies bold enough to do stuff like that.
Bridget Locke said…
Ah, chickie-boo...if I can do it, you can do it. And sure, the guy asked for a "rain-check" but I DID IT! lol

And dude, he's giving you some come-hither thoughts. Yay! I think the coffee thing (as in, having it ready) and such would be good. That way less nauseating to think about AND yet it'd still count as a "date" because it's not work/house related. See? I'm thinkin'! lol
Anonymous said…
Jana, Jana, Jana! Have coffee ready and offer him a cup. If he says, "No, I have another job to do," or whatever, no big deal. It might be true. But, he might say "yes". If he does, get him talking about himself. Guys like that. lol.
Aunt B
Heather said…
See, you do know how to do this. Although, given the cinnamon toast mishap, maybe not baking cookies was for the best. lol ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today