Wishful Thinking
Friday was fun. I played hookie from work and Sis2 and I celebrated her birthday. Back in the summer while Emmy was here, we'd taken her to paint pottery. While there, Sis2 and I decided that for her birthday we'd go just us and paint whatever we wanted to and just make a day of her birthday. So that's what we did. We each painted two pieces of pottery each. I don't know that mine will turn out all that well. Especially with the first piece I did. It was a bud vase and I got a little creative with the top portion. Which wouldn't have been so bad if I had any talent whatsoever at painting. Which I don't. So fingers crossed it's not hideous. lol I think My second piece ought to turn out pretty cute, though. I kept it simple. Maybe a little too simple. But there's nothing wrong with simplicity, is there?
Sis2 is awful when it comes to deciding on what she wants to do. I usually have a pretty clear picture once I pick out my pottery piece, of what colors I want to use and what the theme will be. It's executing that theme that gives me fits. Sis2, on the other hand, has a terrible time choosing colors and then once she finally picks her colors, has a devil of a time deciding what she wants to DO with those colors. But once she figures all that out, her execution isn't all that bad. Too bad we can't combine our talents, right? Me design it and she execute it? :-D
Once we finished our pottery, we met the folks for lunch at our favorite deli. The original plan had been that Mama would take Lyssa home with her so that we'd have a kid free day all day. But Mama decided to stay in town for shopping and stuff so while we had pottery to ourselves, the rest of the afternoon, not so much kid-free. Which is fine, I guess, since I adore the little munchkin. But it sure makes watching a movie hard.
We went back to Sis2's apartment after lunch to watch a DVD and Mama brought Lyssa and they were supposedly going to stay out of our hair for the duration of the movie. Well, as two-year-olds do, Lyssa had a mind of her own and we watched the movie around her. lol Good thing it was a fluffy chick flick (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) and didn't have a complicated plot to follow or we'd have been lost. As it was, I think I'd have been bored with the movie if I'd had to concentrate solely on it. Not to say that it was a BAD movie, just typical Matthew McConah--whatever his name is. lol (Is it just me or is he the same in EVERY MOVIE HE'S EVER MADE?? or at least every movie of his that I've seen, anyway. Maybe he wasn't the same in A Time to Kill, but it's been so long since I've seen that movie that I can't be sure.)
After the movie, we went out to see the progress the builders have made on Sis2 and Goofus's new house. It's coming right along. Got the cabinetry in, mostly. Supposed to be painting this week and finish the cabinetry and install lighting fixtures. Brickwork is almost done. Just a few odds and ends that'll probably take them another month. But shhhhh...don't tell Sis2 I said that. They're supposed to be finished before the new baby arrives.
Which reminds me, if she doesn't go into labor first, Sis2 is scheduled for a c-section on Oct. 30. I told her she should push it to the 31st so we can have a Halloween baby. She said for ME to go have a Halloween baby if it was so important to me. Like I'd ever spit out a kid on purpose. *rolls eyes*
Anyway, on the way home Friday night I did something I've never done before. I stopped in the middle of the road to take a picture of a scene that caught my eye. And wouldn't you know, on this very first time I've ever done this, a deputy comes up behind me as I pull away. I think he must have been suspicious because he then proceeded to FOLLOW ME for the next ten miles or so. What? Did he think I was making drug deals on the side of a deserted country road BY MYSELF?? *shakes head*
Saturday we celebrated Sis2's birthday at the folks' house. We pushed up our annual Fall/Halloween bonfire to this weekend, too, since Sis2 will be recovering from childbirth on Halloween weekend. Totally sucks, too, because Emmy and Sis1 weren't able to be here and since Emmy wasn't here we didn't do the hayride. Much pouting was done by me. The sulky voice and poked out lip and everything. The hayride's the absolute best part about our annual bonfires. At least for me, anyway. But we didn't do it so I may as well have stayed home.
Everyone was in a lousy mood anyway. Even the Devil Pup. She'd had her shots Friday morning and I think they made her feel bad. She was crabby and tired and got into trouble for snarling at Lyssa.
She's a snarler. Makes you think she's going to tear your head off. But she doesn't bite. She just snarls. Goofus is a big dumb dodo, though, and popped her on the head because he thought she'd bitten Lyssa...which, of course, she hadn't. She'd snarled. I, fortunately, wasn't in there when it all went down or Goofus and I may have had words. You don't go slapping around other people's dogs. And it upset Lyssa. I could hear her bawling from where I was outside. I don't know how hard he hit her but it must have been hard enough since it scared Lyssa so bad. I wasn't told anything about it until after they'd left. And while I'm not mad, I'm a little perturbed and I'm thinking from now on, my dog will be with me at all times when Goofus is around. I don't trust him with her anymore. Actually, though, I don't really trust anyone with her anymore because everyone in the family thinks they can discipline and "train" her to suit them. Now I get why parents of children feel so strongly about others disciplining their children and telling them how to raise them.
Anyway, yeah, if she'd actually bitten Lyssa, there would have been reason to smack her. But Libby's not a biter. We all know this. She's snarled at Lyssa before, usually when Lyssa is aggravating her as toddlers do, but she's not a biter. She snarls because that's the only way she has of saying "leave me alone." And usually Lyssa leaves her alone after a couple of snarls. Heck, if I smacked her every time she snarled at ME I'd be constantly smacking her. Libby is nothing if not vocal. lol
Sunday was a rainy nasty day. I, for whatever reason, just wasn't feeling it. All through church I was wishing I could curl up in a hidey hole somewhere away from everyone. I don't know why, but everyone and everything just made me feel so...dark. Heavy. I can't explain it. Maybe I was just tired. Or maybe just PMSing. I don't know. But Sunday just wasn't a good day.
Yesterday, though...*sigh* Yesterday was my rescheduled appointment with Heat Pump Dude (renamed Heat Pump Hottie *g*). I looked forward to Monday with great anticipation. Not because I was particularly in desperate need of the new heat pump, either. Sure enough, he's just as yummy as I remembered him being. Delicious. *licks lips* I love to hear him talk, too. He's got this deep southern good ol' boy twang that just really melts my butter. And him and those fitted t-shirts...*swoon* He's got a NICE bod. Not too muscle-y, not too thin...he's the baby bear's bed of men...just right. And a man who works with his hands??? *dreamy sigh*
Unfortunately, he stayed fairly busy most of the day so I didn't get to ogle him properly. Besides that, I was pretty nervous and shy anyway. I mean, you know, I'm not exactly an expert at flirting. Giggling, I can do. Flirting? Not so much.
He did kind of tease me about the show I was watching, though. Discovery had a marathon of A Haunting and ya'll know how much I love me some ghostly stuff. I was on about the third episode while he was wiring the new thermostat and he says, "You don't believe in all that ghost stuff, do you?" And I'm all, "Oh, I don't know. I've never seen one." Didn't tell him that I lived with one for 7 years, though. That's something you save for AFTER the honeymoon, I'm thinking. hehehe Anyway, he laughed and said, "I haven't either. Hope I don't ever." I laughed and agreed that I didn't either. Which is only partially true. Because, yeah, I'd crap my pants if I ever did see one but I think it'd be kinda cool, too. And other than him explaining the way the new thermostat works, that's the extent of any and all conversation. *sigh* Huge disappointment. I really wish I were the type of girl who could just talk up a storm to any guy I found interesting. Flirt and carry on. You know. One of those girls so at ease in her own skin that she doesn't think to be nervous around men she's attracted to. Me, I'm all tongue tied and 'slap myself in the forehead later' stupid. *shakes head*
Although, after he left it dawned on me that I may have missed a cue from him. He was talking about how he needed to come back later this week to replace the filter vent that he'd had to special order and was making sure I'd be able to meet him. When I mentioned that if it was a quick deal I could have my dad meet him there, he just sort of nodded and didn't say anything else about it. So, wishful thinking? Or was he hoping to see me again? Yeah, I figure wishful thinking.
But what do I know? I know nothing of men and how they think and when a hint is a hint or just me wishing. Unless a guy comes right out and says, "Hey baby, let's get it on," I don't have a CLUE if he's interested. And when they DO say, "Hey baby" I freak out, get offended and call them names like sleazoid and such. (Not to their faces of course. lol) I mean, heck, apparently the original sleazoid was carrying a big case of lust for me for FIVE YEARS and I didn't have a clue until he shoved his foot up my pants leg and called the next day to ask for an affair. *shudders*
So, I've decided that I will meet him for the filter vent any time he wants to. Because if by some SLIM chance it's NOT my wishful thinking, I don't want to miss out. And heck, even if it IS my wishful thinking, another shot to see him even if briefly and only on a professional basis? Totally worth it.
At anyrate, I do have a big spanking shiny new heat pump with a fancy schmancy digital thermostat that will make my winters toasty and my summers cool and all with the earth friendly benefit of being energy efficient. All for the low, low price of $50 a month for the next 10 years. lol
Was in a good giggly mood all night last night. All that yummy eyecandy had me all hyped up. What can I say? The high quality stuff is rare and difficult to come by. So when I run smack into it, I get a beautiful rush from it all. The DP was not amused but she is rarely impressed by eyecandy so she just doesn't understand.
And today I'm back at work. Yay.
Sis2 is awful when it comes to deciding on what she wants to do. I usually have a pretty clear picture once I pick out my pottery piece, of what colors I want to use and what the theme will be. It's executing that theme that gives me fits. Sis2, on the other hand, has a terrible time choosing colors and then once she finally picks her colors, has a devil of a time deciding what she wants to DO with those colors. But once she figures all that out, her execution isn't all that bad. Too bad we can't combine our talents, right? Me design it and she execute it? :-D
Once we finished our pottery, we met the folks for lunch at our favorite deli. The original plan had been that Mama would take Lyssa home with her so that we'd have a kid free day all day. But Mama decided to stay in town for shopping and stuff so while we had pottery to ourselves, the rest of the afternoon, not so much kid-free. Which is fine, I guess, since I adore the little munchkin. But it sure makes watching a movie hard.
We went back to Sis2's apartment after lunch to watch a DVD and Mama brought Lyssa and they were supposedly going to stay out of our hair for the duration of the movie. Well, as two-year-olds do, Lyssa had a mind of her own and we watched the movie around her. lol Good thing it was a fluffy chick flick (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) and didn't have a complicated plot to follow or we'd have been lost. As it was, I think I'd have been bored with the movie if I'd had to concentrate solely on it. Not to say that it was a BAD movie, just typical Matthew McConah--whatever his name is. lol (Is it just me or is he the same in EVERY MOVIE HE'S EVER MADE?? or at least every movie of his that I've seen, anyway. Maybe he wasn't the same in A Time to Kill, but it's been so long since I've seen that movie that I can't be sure.)
After the movie, we went out to see the progress the builders have made on Sis2 and Goofus's new house. It's coming right along. Got the cabinetry in, mostly. Supposed to be painting this week and finish the cabinetry and install lighting fixtures. Brickwork is almost done. Just a few odds and ends that'll probably take them another month. But shhhhh...don't tell Sis2 I said that. They're supposed to be finished before the new baby arrives.
Which reminds me, if she doesn't go into labor first, Sis2 is scheduled for a c-section on Oct. 30. I told her she should push it to the 31st so we can have a Halloween baby. She said for ME to go have a Halloween baby if it was so important to me. Like I'd ever spit out a kid on purpose. *rolls eyes*
Anyway, on the way home Friday night I did something I've never done before. I stopped in the middle of the road to take a picture of a scene that caught my eye. And wouldn't you know, on this very first time I've ever done this, a deputy comes up behind me as I pull away. I think he must have been suspicious because he then proceeded to FOLLOW ME for the next ten miles or so. What? Did he think I was making drug deals on the side of a deserted country road BY MYSELF?? *shakes head*
Saturday we celebrated Sis2's birthday at the folks' house. We pushed up our annual Fall/Halloween bonfire to this weekend, too, since Sis2 will be recovering from childbirth on Halloween weekend. Totally sucks, too, because Emmy and Sis1 weren't able to be here and since Emmy wasn't here we didn't do the hayride. Much pouting was done by me. The sulky voice and poked out lip and everything. The hayride's the absolute best part about our annual bonfires. At least for me, anyway. But we didn't do it so I may as well have stayed home.
Everyone was in a lousy mood anyway. Even the Devil Pup. She'd had her shots Friday morning and I think they made her feel bad. She was crabby and tired and got into trouble for snarling at Lyssa.
She's a snarler. Makes you think she's going to tear your head off. But she doesn't bite. She just snarls. Goofus is a big dumb dodo, though, and popped her on the head because he thought she'd bitten Lyssa...which, of course, she hadn't. She'd snarled. I, fortunately, wasn't in there when it all went down or Goofus and I may have had words. You don't go slapping around other people's dogs. And it upset Lyssa. I could hear her bawling from where I was outside. I don't know how hard he hit her but it must have been hard enough since it scared Lyssa so bad. I wasn't told anything about it until after they'd left. And while I'm not mad, I'm a little perturbed and I'm thinking from now on, my dog will be with me at all times when Goofus is around. I don't trust him with her anymore. Actually, though, I don't really trust anyone with her anymore because everyone in the family thinks they can discipline and "train" her to suit them. Now I get why parents of children feel so strongly about others disciplining their children and telling them how to raise them.
Anyway, yeah, if she'd actually bitten Lyssa, there would have been reason to smack her. But Libby's not a biter. We all know this. She's snarled at Lyssa before, usually when Lyssa is aggravating her as toddlers do, but she's not a biter. She snarls because that's the only way she has of saying "leave me alone." And usually Lyssa leaves her alone after a couple of snarls. Heck, if I smacked her every time she snarled at ME I'd be constantly smacking her. Libby is nothing if not vocal. lol
Sunday was a rainy nasty day. I, for whatever reason, just wasn't feeling it. All through church I was wishing I could curl up in a hidey hole somewhere away from everyone. I don't know why, but everyone and everything just made me feel so...dark. Heavy. I can't explain it. Maybe I was just tired. Or maybe just PMSing. I don't know. But Sunday just wasn't a good day.
Yesterday, though...*sigh* Yesterday was my rescheduled appointment with Heat Pump Dude (renamed Heat Pump Hottie *g*). I looked forward to Monday with great anticipation. Not because I was particularly in desperate need of the new heat pump, either. Sure enough, he's just as yummy as I remembered him being. Delicious. *licks lips* I love to hear him talk, too. He's got this deep southern good ol' boy twang that just really melts my butter. And him and those fitted t-shirts...*swoon* He's got a NICE bod. Not too muscle-y, not too thin...he's the baby bear's bed of men...just right. And a man who works with his hands??? *dreamy sigh*
Unfortunately, he stayed fairly busy most of the day so I didn't get to ogle him properly. Besides that, I was pretty nervous and shy anyway. I mean, you know, I'm not exactly an expert at flirting. Giggling, I can do. Flirting? Not so much.
He did kind of tease me about the show I was watching, though. Discovery had a marathon of A Haunting and ya'll know how much I love me some ghostly stuff. I was on about the third episode while he was wiring the new thermostat and he says, "You don't believe in all that ghost stuff, do you?" And I'm all, "Oh, I don't know. I've never seen one." Didn't tell him that I lived with one for 7 years, though. That's something you save for AFTER the honeymoon, I'm thinking. hehehe Anyway, he laughed and said, "I haven't either. Hope I don't ever." I laughed and agreed that I didn't either. Which is only partially true. Because, yeah, I'd crap my pants if I ever did see one but I think it'd be kinda cool, too. And other than him explaining the way the new thermostat works, that's the extent of any and all conversation. *sigh* Huge disappointment. I really wish I were the type of girl who could just talk up a storm to any guy I found interesting. Flirt and carry on. You know. One of those girls so at ease in her own skin that she doesn't think to be nervous around men she's attracted to. Me, I'm all tongue tied and 'slap myself in the forehead later' stupid. *shakes head*
Although, after he left it dawned on me that I may have missed a cue from him. He was talking about how he needed to come back later this week to replace the filter vent that he'd had to special order and was making sure I'd be able to meet him. When I mentioned that if it was a quick deal I could have my dad meet him there, he just sort of nodded and didn't say anything else about it. So, wishful thinking? Or was he hoping to see me again? Yeah, I figure wishful thinking.
But what do I know? I know nothing of men and how they think and when a hint is a hint or just me wishing. Unless a guy comes right out and says, "Hey baby, let's get it on," I don't have a CLUE if he's interested. And when they DO say, "Hey baby" I freak out, get offended and call them names like sleazoid and such. (Not to their faces of course. lol) I mean, heck, apparently the original sleazoid was carrying a big case of lust for me for FIVE YEARS and I didn't have a clue until he shoved his foot up my pants leg and called the next day to ask for an affair. *shudders*
So, I've decided that I will meet him for the filter vent any time he wants to. Because if by some SLIM chance it's NOT my wishful thinking, I don't want to miss out. And heck, even if it IS my wishful thinking, another shot to see him even if briefly and only on a professional basis? Totally worth it.
At anyrate, I do have a big spanking shiny new heat pump with a fancy schmancy digital thermostat that will make my winters toasty and my summers cool and all with the earth friendly benefit of being energy efficient. All for the low, low price of $50 a month for the next 10 years. lol
Was in a good giggly mood all night last night. All that yummy eyecandy had me all hyped up. What can I say? The high quality stuff is rare and difficult to come by. So when I run smack into it, I get a beautiful rush from it all. The DP was not amused but she is rarely impressed by eyecandy so she just doesn't understand.
And today I'm back at work. Yay.
Comments
Glad you enjoyed most of your extended weekend, not to mention ogling the HPH. LOL
It sure did turn off cold awfully fast, huh? It's been in the mid 70's here the past few weeks. I haven't even had to turn the heat ON yet. I've had to wear a jacket a handul of times, but mostly just early in the mornings.
Hope the snow holds off for ya'll. A major bummer if it starts this early in the season. *shivers*