Friday, finally. Whew!

Talk about one long drawn out week. *big sigh* This has most definitely been one of them. I don't know if it's due to all the excitement of last week or what, but I've been utterly bored with this entire week and it couldn't come to a close fast enough.

But this week has had it's share of excitement, too. Well, maybe not so much for me, but for Mama. She's a new furmama. As I'm sure ya'll recall, she lost her beloved Nipper last September. (September truly does suck. Have I mentioned that before? lol) It's taken her a long time to even begin to adjust to him being gone. I hope someday when I die, someone somewhere will grieve for me as much as she has for sweet Nipper.

Lately she'd really begun praying for God to send her a new furbaby. We're dog people. Our lives are not complete without a furry companion. And I don't know about ya'll, but most of the time I prefer the company of furry friends to most of the humans I know. lol Furbabies are far less complicated than people. And that unconditional love thing? Yeah. They're so on it. And furbabies don't judge. And aren't passive aggressive. And they give the best affections--no holds barred kisses. And anyone who thinks dogs can't give hugs hasn't met my own dear Devil Pup. Her hugs are even better than her kisses. Mostly because she throws her whole body into them. hehehe

But I digress.

So Mama had been praying to find her a new furbaby. She'd been presented with several lovely opportunities. There's never a shortage of good dogs in need of a good home around here, that's for sure--as evidenced in Dog's adoption of my parents. (Well, to be specific, she adopted Daddy. hehehe) But none of the dogs presented to her felt right. And just as with choosing relationships with people, more often than not, your heart chooses the pet you will love forever and no other pet will do

Enter this past Wednesday. One of the students at the Vet school here on campus sent an email to a friend asking her to help find a home for this sweet little dog the shelter in Oxford had sent down for the students to neuter. (The area shelters partner with the Vet school much like some hospitals partner with Med schools.) The dog they'd dubbed Webster was so precious that this student just didn't have the heart to send him back to the shelter, though she couldn't keep him herself

Her friend forwarded the email to Heaven knows where and somehow my great aunt L ended up with it and sent it to Mama. Needless to say, Mama's heart beat a little faster when she saw his picture. But she still wasn't sure so she arranged with the vet student to meet Webster yesterday. It was love at first paw. Total, instant love. Her whole face lit up in a way it hasn't in over a year and she carried that baby home and never looked back.

Meet the newly renamed Milo.




Ain't he a doll

The vet student said they figured he was just over a year old and mostly dachshund, if not entirely, is completely house trained and according to Mama, utterly awesome. Not Nipper, but awesome nonetheless. She and Daddy are both fully cemented in love with him and she says he walked into their house last night and made himself at home as though he'd been there forever. The heart knows. Don't ever doubt it.

So yeah, even though it's been a long and miserably boring week, I guess it hasn't been bad.

PS: Details Monday on how the DP likes him. She hasn't met him yet. Should be interesting to say the least. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today