Uncertainty
You know, I'm quickly discovering why I'm not meant to be a mother. I'm clueless. lol
I still haven't figured out what to do about Libby's little issue. I definitely think the swelling has gone down but it feels more like a lump now. So I don't know if that means it's going away or getting worse or what. Do I take her back to the vet for a surgery that may or may not be exactly necessary? Or do I wait a while longer? Ugh. I wish there was some way of just knowing how serious it is or isn't.
She still seems to feel fine. She and I got into a little chase-fest last night. Poor baby's so outta shape she was panting harder than I was and gave out quicker than she used to. I need to get back into the routine of walking her for more distance than just around the yard. It'd be good for her AND me, I know. But she's still eating great, still playing, still sleeping. No trouble jumping other than the fact that she spends more time on my bed than I do. As evidenced by the number of pictures I have of her up there. lol
Anyway, I just wish I knew what was the right choice. I guess if it were my kid I'd have already taken her back to the doctor. But the vet didn't seem all that concerned so I don't know if I should be or not. *sigh*
In other (somewhat related) news, I think my mother is finally relieved by the fact that Mr. Cuteypants will be her last grandchild. There was a time when I know she was sort of...I don't know...disappointed that her only grandchildren would come from my sisters. But something she said this morning gave me the impression that perhaps she's glad that she won't have to deal with another pregnant daughter again and all that grandparenting infants entails. Or maybe she's just finally resigned herself to the fact that the only grandchildren she'll be getting from me will be the four legged furry kind. *shrugs* Either way, I'm glad she's no longer sad or bothered by it. It used to make me feel sad FOR her and make ME feel like a big fat failure of a woman because I don't really want kids. Heck, I think she's dead set on me staying single now. Daddy finally convinced her that if I stay single I'll take care of them when they get senile. lol
Good ol' Daddy has always advocated me staying single and childless. Well, except maybe for the occasional worry that when he's no longer able to "take care" of me, who will? I can't convince him that I can pay people to do the heavy lifting. Theoretically, anyway. The trick is having the money to do so. But still, getting married to have someone around to do heavy lifting? Yeah. Not so much, actually.
Anyway, I guess I'll wait and see what the rest of this week holds before I make up my mind about Libby. If it doesn't change or go away by the end of this week, I'll take her back to the vet next week. Job willing, anyway. *sigh*
I still haven't figured out what to do about Libby's little issue. I definitely think the swelling has gone down but it feels more like a lump now. So I don't know if that means it's going away or getting worse or what. Do I take her back to the vet for a surgery that may or may not be exactly necessary? Or do I wait a while longer? Ugh. I wish there was some way of just knowing how serious it is or isn't.
She still seems to feel fine. She and I got into a little chase-fest last night. Poor baby's so outta shape she was panting harder than I was and gave out quicker than she used to. I need to get back into the routine of walking her for more distance than just around the yard. It'd be good for her AND me, I know. But she's still eating great, still playing, still sleeping. No trouble jumping other than the fact that she spends more time on my bed than I do. As evidenced by the number of pictures I have of her up there. lol
Anyway, I just wish I knew what was the right choice. I guess if it were my kid I'd have already taken her back to the doctor. But the vet didn't seem all that concerned so I don't know if I should be or not. *sigh*
In other (somewhat related) news, I think my mother is finally relieved by the fact that Mr. Cuteypants will be her last grandchild. There was a time when I know she was sort of...I don't know...disappointed that her only grandchildren would come from my sisters. But something she said this morning gave me the impression that perhaps she's glad that she won't have to deal with another pregnant daughter again and all that grandparenting infants entails. Or maybe she's just finally resigned herself to the fact that the only grandchildren she'll be getting from me will be the four legged furry kind. *shrugs* Either way, I'm glad she's no longer sad or bothered by it. It used to make me feel sad FOR her and make ME feel like a big fat failure of a woman because I don't really want kids. Heck, I think she's dead set on me staying single now. Daddy finally convinced her that if I stay single I'll take care of them when they get senile. lol
Good ol' Daddy has always advocated me staying single and childless. Well, except maybe for the occasional worry that when he's no longer able to "take care" of me, who will? I can't convince him that I can pay people to do the heavy lifting. Theoretically, anyway. The trick is having the money to do so. But still, getting married to have someone around to do heavy lifting? Yeah. Not so much, actually.
Anyway, I guess I'll wait and see what the rest of this week holds before I make up my mind about Libby. If it doesn't change or go away by the end of this week, I'll take her back to the vet next week. Job willing, anyway. *sigh*
Comments
Aunt B
You sound EXACTLY like a mom. :)