A Week of Mondays

Ugh. And boy howdy.
I've been arguing with the automated pharmacy people about needing/getting refills on my synthroid and they keep telling me I have no more refills. Called doctor's office who said two weeks ago that they were ordering me some more and apparently the pharmacy lost my prescription. Now I'm out of synthroid and will prolly hafta wait a couple days to get it. Pharmacy has a 24hr refill policy...and that's even IF I can get it figured out today. *sigh*
Which, yeah, I guess it's not a HUGE deal if I miss a couple days of it but...Ya'll, life is so much less DARK with my synthroid. I never knew that having your thyroid out of whack could cause so much chaos with your emotions. But apparently that's what was happening to me all these months I was so darned depressed and lethargic. I haven't gone on a crying jag or wished I was dead in WEEKS. So yeah. The thought of even a couple of days without my meds is a little scary to me. I know it would take more than a couple of days to get that far out of balance again but why chance it?
Meanwhile, I'm frustrated with life today. People won't cooperate, Twitter was being a jerk, librarian blew me off when I asked for help with a patron, coffee shop was out of the blend of coffee I wanted and my head feels like a giant cotton ball has moved in...I feel all fuzzy and discombobulated. (Finally! A long word that is spelled exactly how it sounds! lol)
AND I got fussed at/lectured by a 21-year-old for having bought my Christmas tree this weekend. "It's NOVEMBER," she says with a stern voice and a shake of her finger. Because apparently I don't have or can't read a calendar? lol "You don't do Christmas trees until December."
Well excuse me, but I think I'm old enough to know when I want to buy my own effing Christmas tree, thanks. Besides, it's not like I put it up and lavished it with ornaments. I simply bought it while a) I had the money b) they had the one I wanted in stock and c) I had my dad available to help me load it in the car and stuff. It's freakin' huge and heavy.
You should have heard her when I told her I'm considering putting it up and decorating it next weekend instead of waiting till after Thanksgiving. She threatened to cut me with her plastic knife. I think she needs a time out. *crosses arms and lifts eyebrow sternly*
I'm the adult here and besides, I pay my own mortgage. If I want to put the tree up in July and leave it up till March, that's my prerogative. (a word that is decidedly NOT spelled exactly how it sounds. *frowny face*) Come to think of it..I might JUST keep it up till March. Don't they say to keep Christmas in your heart all year? So why not keep Christmas in your HOUSE for a few months? LOL
And Trix? When I told her about your "24/7 Christmas station" already playing Christmas music? I thought her head was going to explode. lol
Comments
I love Christmas and enjoy having the tree up and all. Lots of fun!
Oh, and I can't help but add this... bein' a mom and all. My daughter last year in February (she was 5) wanted to wear a velvet jumper with a christmas tree on it to church over a turtle neck. It looked really cute, but I told her Christmas was over and she said. But mom, the pastor said when Jesus is in our hearts, every day is Christmas. :) Your comment made me think about that. Super cute!
Why should Christmas be confined to one month out of the year? Jesus should be celebrated EVERY day. :)
As for my friend, yeah, I do feel sorry for any children she has in the future. lol She's a great gal, love her to death, but she IS very tightly wound. Very decided in her notions of acceptable and unacceptable...about nearly everything. No room for thinking outside the box. And nearly ALL my thoughts are outside the box so you can imagine the number of times we've had to agree to disagree. lol
That said, I'm tempted to go home tonight and put the tree up just so I can mess with her. hehehehe
PS. Thought you'd get a kick out of this typo: I originally typed "duck" instead of "dusk," LOL.
I think my internal speller is turned off today. I initally spelled "prescription" "PERscription." *shakes head* And THAT's one of the less embarrassing spelling errors so far today. lol
Maybe because so many people mispronounce it? Yeah, make sme cringe, too. *shudders*