And then I took my cough syrup and died.
Well, okay, so I didn't really die. My computer did. Well, rather, it had a near death experience. It saw the light but came back and can now hear dead people. (name that tv show.)
I was innocently minding my own business when a virus attacked and my computer went on a coughing jag and suffocated and nearly died. Luckily the Systems department is ON and resuscitated it. But not before I went home Wednesday. So I had to actually...*gasp*...werk! Wednesday afternoon. By work I mean, I had to read all the newspapers I had been neglecting recently. My fingertips are permanently black. Thank you.
I took yesterday off work to go get some stuff done at the courthouse...tax stuff...one of which was renewing my car tag. (That's a license plate, to ya'll up north and elsewhere.) Actually, I needed to switch it over to my new county and renew it. However, when I got to the tax assessor's office the lady at the desk tells me she needs my actual tag. OFF MY CAR. Do I have any tools in my car with which to remove it? Nooooooo.
Daddy was with me and even HE didn't have any tools with him. Mr. Always Prepared. *grumble* So we left the courthouse and went to Wallyworld and got a cheap wrench thingy, went BACK to the courthouse, removed my tag and went back to the tax assessor's office. She takes the tag and types in a few things and...and...Aaaggghhhh!
She couldn't renew it or replace it because it doesn't actually expire until next month.
Ya'll...YA'LL...Next month is like three days away!!
Aaaggghhhh!
*sigh*
So I will be making another trip back to the courthouse next month. *grumble*
Then we had to go BACK to Wollyworld because Daddy had some shopping to do and ain't it just AWESOME at 30 and he's still telling me how to drive like he did when I was 15? So. Fun. lol
Needless to say, when I finally got home, Me and the Devil Pup snuggled to erase the wild morning. Well, actually, I did some junk around the house (cleaned and sorted statements and other paperwork and redid a wreath for my front door) and Libby followed me around with her pretty brown eyes begging to snuggle. Which we did do later on while watching A Haunting on Discovery.
And today has been a little spot of catching up and being thankful to have my computer back!! Did I mention that our Systems department rocks?? Cause they do. Major.
Anyhoo, I'm for home now. Ya'll try not to get buried too much in this wicked winter storm that seems to be taking over the world!
I was innocently minding my own business when a virus attacked and my computer went on a coughing jag and suffocated and nearly died. Luckily the Systems department is ON and resuscitated it. But not before I went home Wednesday. So I had to actually...*gasp*...werk! Wednesday afternoon. By work I mean, I had to read all the newspapers I had been neglecting recently. My fingertips are permanently black. Thank you.
I took yesterday off work to go get some stuff done at the courthouse...tax stuff...one of which was renewing my car tag. (That's a license plate, to ya'll up north and elsewhere.) Actually, I needed to switch it over to my new county and renew it. However, when I got to the tax assessor's office the lady at the desk tells me she needs my actual tag. OFF MY CAR. Do I have any tools in my car with which to remove it? Nooooooo.
Daddy was with me and even HE didn't have any tools with him. Mr. Always Prepared. *grumble* So we left the courthouse and went to Wallyworld and got a cheap wrench thingy, went BACK to the courthouse, removed my tag and went back to the tax assessor's office. She takes the tag and types in a few things and...and...Aaaggghhhh!
She couldn't renew it or replace it because it doesn't actually expire until next month.
Ya'll...YA'LL...Next month is like three days away!!
Aaaggghhhh!
*sigh*
So I will be making another trip back to the courthouse next month. *grumble*
Then we had to go BACK to Wollyworld because Daddy had some shopping to do and ain't it just AWESOME at 30 and he's still telling me how to drive like he did when I was 15? So. Fun. lol
Needless to say, when I finally got home, Me and the Devil Pup snuggled to erase the wild morning. Well, actually, I did some junk around the house (cleaned and sorted statements and other paperwork and redid a wreath for my front door) and Libby followed me around with her pretty brown eyes begging to snuggle. Which we did do later on while watching A Haunting on Discovery.
And today has been a little spot of catching up and being thankful to have my computer back!! Did I mention that our Systems department rocks?? Cause they do. Major.
Anyhoo, I'm for home now. Ya'll try not to get buried too much in this wicked winter storm that seems to be taking over the world!
Comments
Second, I don't know about Down South, but up here people receive a notice in the mail that their plates will soon expire about a month in advance. They are then expected to either send payment in immediately (highly encouraged by the DMV) or visit the DMV to renew before the tags expire. That way you have either the new plates or new date stickers to adhere to your plates when they actually expire without worry of being pulled over and fined. I can't believe that woman would not let you renew until next week. That is just plain STUPID!
We normally get the notices, too, but since I moved and they don't forward those notices, I didn't get mine. But I get what you're saying...that they would normally renew it. I don't know what the deal was. I will say that this county is a LOT weirder than the one I lived in for eight years before. lol