Fog Of NyQuil

So I had big plans for the weekend. Laundry, cleaning and NyQuil. Had big plans for Friday night, too. Pizza, Ghost Whisperer and Medium.

Plans?? What plans?

It started Friday night when we stopped at Subway to get sandwiches. So. No Friday night pizza. And then Ghost Whisperer and Medium weren't even on. *sob* Yeah, yeah, they had the Haiti benefit thing. Which was important. But...I'm selfish. I wanted Ghost Whisperer. And Medium.

So I ate a Sweet Onion Terriaki Chicken sub and read a book instead. Not a bad way to spend a Friday night. (I know. I need to stop my wild heathen ways.)

Saturday. Well, I did get all of my laundry done. And I got the bathrooms cleaned. But I did it all in between NyQuil induced naps on the couch. Mostly I don't remember Saturday. And for all that staying doped up, I STILL woke up Sunday morning with the junk that had formerly only been in my throat having moved up to my head so that I sound like Fran Drescher!

Sunday morning at church, I swear I probably looked like I had a hangover. Certainly I felt like it. Which, wasn't altogether untrue. I'm a lightweight and NyQuil's like hard liquor to me. My dad even asked if I was okay to drive. Which, I probably should have said no. But I'm pretty sure I was sober if not hungover.

And today I'm at work wishing I'd stayed home to die like I wanted to. And I'm pretty sure I'm annoying the crap outta my co-workers with all the coughing, throat clearing and nose blowing that's going on.

So just call me Misery.

Comments

Heather said…
Don't you know you're supposed to stay home when you're sick?! Feel better soon!
Jana said…
Pah! Calling in sick is reserved for near death and bodily injuries. Oh, and flu. A head cold with a cough? You'd better have your butt in your cubicle or you get griped about for inconveniencing the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD.

I know because a co-worker called in sick with the sniffles for nearly two weeks straight and we talked about her like a dog. *cringe*

So, as long as I can sit upright without assitance and my snot can be contained to a tissue, I'll be here.

Besides, I like to use my personal leave for when I'm healthy. It's no fun being off work if you're sick!! ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today