Got My Happy Face On
And it's not all about HPH, either. :-P~~ (I did keep smiling well into the evening, though. Pathetic!)
No, today's happy face is brought to you by the letter "P" which is used in the word "Progress". As in, I've made some. Small, but true progress.
Unfortunately, the progress is not in my uneventful lovelife (or maybe that should be fortunately?) No, the progress is in my renewed weightloss committment. Finally...finally...after a month and a half of working, praying, starving and crying, I lost...one pound!! hehehehe
No, I know. Actually, I've lost 6lbs since the first week in January. But after the first five, I'd stalled out. For weeks! And worse, I yo-yo'd back up a couple or three pounds a couple of those weeks. Color me frustrated, angry and a wee bit mopey. But this week. Well, this week I started working at it a little harder. I started moving. Novel concept, that.
I've started taking little "side-trips" through the stacks when it's quiet around here. It's not a mile by any stretch, but making a lap or two through the stacks a couple times a day is more than I can say I was moving before. AND, I've continued to shake my groove thang every night, totally rocking out to Kelly Clarkson.
My biggest fear, is, of course, that I'll bomb out after this week. That next week I'll consume a pound of candy, sit on my butt and gain four pounds. It's my usual MO. Go gung-ho for a week or two and then bomb. But I'm encouraged by the fact that when an enabler (a co-worker) offered me a bagel this morning I was only a tiny bit tempted but said "no, thank you." And didn't feel but the tiniest twinge of regret after I said it. But what's even better is, when she returned to the lounge with hers, I wasn't even envious. Not even a bit. Because saying "No" ended up feeling a lot better than scarfing a bagel and regretting it later. That's how bouyed I am by this one single pound I lost.
Out of curiosity, I ventured onto this weightloss tools sight and calculated how long it will take me to lose 109lbs (which scarey as it is to admit it, that's how much I need to lose!) and with the recommended loss of a pound a week, I should meet my goal on March 23 2012. Happy 33rd birthday to me!! LOL Wouldn't that be awesome if I met my ultimate weightloss goal on my 33rd birthday? Certainly gives me some incentive, having a date in mind when I should safely have lost all the weight that I need to.
Realistically, of course, I realize the odds of that actually happening are slim. I know me. I know my body. And I'd have to have some of the fat sucked out by a vacuum cleaner to ever actually lose 109lbs, but it's an exciting thought. That if I did stick with this, if I were actually able to coax my body into giving up a lifetime of fat molecules and bad habits, if I could convince my genetic code that I'm NOT meant to be fat, it would be so thrilling to step on the scale on my 33rd birthday and faint with joy.
Realistically, I would love to lose just 49lbs. No specific date in mind. (Although my 31st birthday would sweet! But since it's a mere month away, highly laughable.) Just lose 49lbs. Enough that maybe, just maybe I wouldn't feel like a whale. That my face might start to take a shape other than "round." That my gut and butt might not need sucking in so vehemently before photographs.
But at this point in my life, I'd settle for losing the entirety of the 18lbs I've gained since 2006. Because, while thin was definitely not what anyone would call me, ever in my whole life, I was comfortable. I felt good about myself. I didn't hate all the photographs taken of me then and my clothes felt marvelously loose.
So, Thank You, God, for removing that one pound of flesh from my body and I ask that you continue to do so until I am healthy and feel good in my skin. Amen.
Now, I promise you that I will not continue to torment ya'll with my weightloss angst and drama but if you don't mind, I would like to continue updating in here periodically, if for no other reason than to keep myself motivated and accountable. And since it's my blog, I'll do what I want. hehehe
Have an excellent weekend, ya'll!
No, today's happy face is brought to you by the letter "P" which is used in the word "Progress". As in, I've made some. Small, but true progress.
Unfortunately, the progress is not in my uneventful lovelife (or maybe that should be fortunately?) No, the progress is in my renewed weightloss committment. Finally...finally...after a month and a half of working, praying, starving and crying, I lost...one pound!! hehehehe
No, I know. Actually, I've lost 6lbs since the first week in January. But after the first five, I'd stalled out. For weeks! And worse, I yo-yo'd back up a couple or three pounds a couple of those weeks. Color me frustrated, angry and a wee bit mopey. But this week. Well, this week I started working at it a little harder. I started moving. Novel concept, that.
I've started taking little "side-trips" through the stacks when it's quiet around here. It's not a mile by any stretch, but making a lap or two through the stacks a couple times a day is more than I can say I was moving before. AND, I've continued to shake my groove thang every night, totally rocking out to Kelly Clarkson.
My biggest fear, is, of course, that I'll bomb out after this week. That next week I'll consume a pound of candy, sit on my butt and gain four pounds. It's my usual MO. Go gung-ho for a week or two and then bomb. But I'm encouraged by the fact that when an enabler (a co-worker) offered me a bagel this morning I was only a tiny bit tempted but said "no, thank you." And didn't feel but the tiniest twinge of regret after I said it. But what's even better is, when she returned to the lounge with hers, I wasn't even envious. Not even a bit. Because saying "No" ended up feeling a lot better than scarfing a bagel and regretting it later. That's how bouyed I am by this one single pound I lost.
Out of curiosity, I ventured onto this weightloss tools sight and calculated how long it will take me to lose 109lbs (which scarey as it is to admit it, that's how much I need to lose!) and with the recommended loss of a pound a week, I should meet my goal on March 23 2012. Happy 33rd birthday to me!! LOL Wouldn't that be awesome if I met my ultimate weightloss goal on my 33rd birthday? Certainly gives me some incentive, having a date in mind when I should safely have lost all the weight that I need to.
Realistically, of course, I realize the odds of that actually happening are slim. I know me. I know my body. And I'd have to have some of the fat sucked out by a vacuum cleaner to ever actually lose 109lbs, but it's an exciting thought. That if I did stick with this, if I were actually able to coax my body into giving up a lifetime of fat molecules and bad habits, if I could convince my genetic code that I'm NOT meant to be fat, it would be so thrilling to step on the scale on my 33rd birthday and faint with joy.
Realistically, I would love to lose just 49lbs. No specific date in mind. (Although my 31st birthday would sweet! But since it's a mere month away, highly laughable.) Just lose 49lbs. Enough that maybe, just maybe I wouldn't feel like a whale. That my face might start to take a shape other than "round." That my gut and butt might not need sucking in so vehemently before photographs.
But at this point in my life, I'd settle for losing the entirety of the 18lbs I've gained since 2006. Because, while thin was definitely not what anyone would call me, ever in my whole life, I was comfortable. I felt good about myself. I didn't hate all the photographs taken of me then and my clothes felt marvelously loose.
So, Thank You, God, for removing that one pound of flesh from my body and I ask that you continue to do so until I am healthy and feel good in my skin. Amen.
Now, I promise you that I will not continue to torment ya'll with my weightloss angst and drama but if you don't mind, I would like to continue updating in here periodically, if for no other reason than to keep myself motivated and accountable. And since it's my blog, I'll do what I want. hehehe
Have an excellent weekend, ya'll!
Comments
Getting up and moving is something I've been trying to remember this past week, instead of completely vegging during the Olympics. I've been making myself get up and walk in place during breaks, especially during the hockey games.
Walking in place is one of my tricks, too. Just reminding myself to actually do it is the problem. lol
One step in the right direction is still a step in the right direction! :)
I've been struggling with the same thing. I've gained some weight and my clothes are tight and uncomfortable. Yet it's hard to stay dedicated. I've been going to a class at the gym once a week, but still eating like normal. Your victory kinda reminded me to keep with it. Thx!