News Around the Jana-o-sphere
So I'm basically back in high school again. *groan*
BFF called me last night while sleazoid was in class because she had to confess...she done did sumthin' stoopid. No, she's not cheating on him but almost just as bad. Well, not really, but could be.
To preface this developement you should know that most of our high school friendship involved me sitting with the phone to my ear for hours listening to her talk about a couple of particular boys that she dated. The stupid things she did with them, why did they treat her so badly, why did she put up with their crap, why couldn't she just walk away, etc. I had no idea because I was the chubby girl who stayed home watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman every Saturday night.
But I'd always listen and make understanding noises and agree with her when she said she was so confused and try to put my two cents in whenever I could. Which she ignored. Always and as a rule. Mostly because I made too much sense. And everything I learned about boys I learned from Days of Our Lives. And you KNOW there's some punked up boys on DOOL.
A couple of days ago when I logged onto Facebook I saw where a few of my friends (all friends from high school) had just "become friends with" one of the two boys BFF angested over. Her first boyfriend. A real prick, actually, who I would have happily killed had I not been a Christian and also afraid of blood. When I saw his name I thought to myself, Oh heck no, he better not even THINK of friending me or BFF.
Then last night she called and the first thing she asked me after the usual, "How are you, I'm fines" is, "Have you paid any attention to my FB lately?" And I knew. "Oh, BFF, you didn't."
*sigh* Oh yes she did. She didn't know what she was thinking. How did she get so stupid. And of course him being the prick he is is trying to start something up with her and she just doesn't know how to close the Pandora's box she'd opened. Because, you know, SHE friended HIM.
If I coulda reached through the phone and slapped her I so would have. All I could think was, "Here we go again. It's high school! Yippi!" Only, not really "yippi" because I loathed those long phone calls involving her crappy boyfriends and all that angst and drama. That part of my life was supposed to be over.
And as usual, I told her exactly what she needed to do. Unfriend him, tell him to crawl back under his rock and forget she ever existed. Her repsonse? "Yeah, I probably should. But, I just, I'll probably just leave it alone and pray he gets the message that I'm not interested."
Yeah, because this prick is so perceptive. Of course he's going to think she wants to start things up with him again. She made the first move! And with their history and him being him, of course he's thinking she wants him. And she can tell me all she wants to that she didn't know what she was thinking when she sent that friend request but she's not that stupid. Surely not. No woman in her right mind makes contact with the prick who cheated on her, broke her heart and caused us all so much pain all those years ago just because she's stupid. Especially a married woman who claims to love her husband. (even if he IS a sleazoid.)
But I can't bring myself to ask her the tough questions. Like, you know, what the heck's going on because I have my own little stupid confessions that I decided to bury. Now I wish I had confessed them 4 years ago because I wonder if she isn't subconciously looking for a way out. I know she'd never say that to me. She's so vocally against divorce and is determined that no matter what, she not become a statistic. But what if I had told her what a sleazoid her hubby is? Maybe she wouldn't be so stupidly playing with fire now.
Ugh. I hate all this drama. Moving on...
But speaking of FB, I made a bold move this morning. I unfriended a cousin's soon-to-be ex-wife. lol I know, bold and brave, right? I've never unfriended anyone before but you know, I just couldn't see myself being "friends" with her and her new profile pic of herself and the guy she cheated on my cousin with. Yeah, not cool. So I dumped her from my list with a small amount of satisfaction.
I never wanted to be "friends" with her anyway.
Facebook may not be the root of all evil, but it certainly ain't all that "good" either.
In other less high school drama-ish news, I've been writing more recently. After a long dry spell it feels really quite fantastic. I hafta thank my pal, Pet, for that, though. She's really awesome at asking the tough questions and getting me thinking about my characters, my plot and getting the story moving. I stand stagnat forever without the occasional nudge. And I know she thinks I'm joking when I say this, but, she's really a lifesaver when it comes to writing and keeping me and my swiss cheese memory straight.
Also, I'm climbing back on the weightloss track. *groan* I was never really off it but I gained quite a few pounds over the holidays (like from October through December) and when I counted up all that I'd gained since my intial weightloss back in 2006, I realized I'd re-gained 18 of the 43 I'd lost. Which I guess isn't terrible over a three to four year period but it certainly ain't great. *sigh*
So, of course, I've still been eating the V-Day candy I got. And I finished off the pint of ice-cream I'd bought myself to celebrate V-Day. *shakes head* But I've also been getting in about 15 minutes or so of excercise the past three nights. So maybe by the time I get in full swing with shakin' my groove thing each night, all the treats and yummies in the house will be gone. And then (God please!) I'll start taking those 18 lbs back off. Because, you know, it'd be really nice someday to not have my butt hanging off the sides of chairs. *groan*
And that's what's been happening with me. Fun, ain't it?
BFF called me last night while sleazoid was in class because she had to confess...she done did sumthin' stoopid. No, she's not cheating on him but almost just as bad. Well, not really, but could be.
To preface this developement you should know that most of our high school friendship involved me sitting with the phone to my ear for hours listening to her talk about a couple of particular boys that she dated. The stupid things she did with them, why did they treat her so badly, why did she put up with their crap, why couldn't she just walk away, etc. I had no idea because I was the chubby girl who stayed home watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman every Saturday night.
But I'd always listen and make understanding noises and agree with her when she said she was so confused and try to put my two cents in whenever I could. Which she ignored. Always and as a rule. Mostly because I made too much sense. And everything I learned about boys I learned from Days of Our Lives. And you KNOW there's some punked up boys on DOOL.
A couple of days ago when I logged onto Facebook I saw where a few of my friends (all friends from high school) had just "become friends with" one of the two boys BFF angested over. Her first boyfriend. A real prick, actually, who I would have happily killed had I not been a Christian and also afraid of blood. When I saw his name I thought to myself, Oh heck no, he better not even THINK of friending me or BFF.
Then last night she called and the first thing she asked me after the usual, "How are you, I'm fines" is, "Have you paid any attention to my FB lately?" And I knew. "Oh, BFF, you didn't."
*sigh* Oh yes she did. She didn't know what she was thinking. How did she get so stupid. And of course him being the prick he is is trying to start something up with her and she just doesn't know how to close the Pandora's box she'd opened. Because, you know, SHE friended HIM.
If I coulda reached through the phone and slapped her I so would have. All I could think was, "Here we go again. It's high school! Yippi!" Only, not really "yippi" because I loathed those long phone calls involving her crappy boyfriends and all that angst and drama. That part of my life was supposed to be over.
And as usual, I told her exactly what she needed to do. Unfriend him, tell him to crawl back under his rock and forget she ever existed. Her repsonse? "Yeah, I probably should. But, I just, I'll probably just leave it alone and pray he gets the message that I'm not interested."
Yeah, because this prick is so perceptive. Of course he's going to think she wants to start things up with him again. She made the first move! And with their history and him being him, of course he's thinking she wants him. And she can tell me all she wants to that she didn't know what she was thinking when she sent that friend request but she's not that stupid. Surely not. No woman in her right mind makes contact with the prick who cheated on her, broke her heart and caused us all so much pain all those years ago just because she's stupid. Especially a married woman who claims to love her husband. (even if he IS a sleazoid.)
But I can't bring myself to ask her the tough questions. Like, you know, what the heck's going on because I have my own little stupid confessions that I decided to bury. Now I wish I had confessed them 4 years ago because I wonder if she isn't subconciously looking for a way out. I know she'd never say that to me. She's so vocally against divorce and is determined that no matter what, she not become a statistic. But what if I had told her what a sleazoid her hubby is? Maybe she wouldn't be so stupidly playing with fire now.
Ugh. I hate all this drama. Moving on...
But speaking of FB, I made a bold move this morning. I unfriended a cousin's soon-to-be ex-wife. lol I know, bold and brave, right? I've never unfriended anyone before but you know, I just couldn't see myself being "friends" with her and her new profile pic of herself and the guy she cheated on my cousin with. Yeah, not cool. So I dumped her from my list with a small amount of satisfaction.
I never wanted to be "friends" with her anyway.
Facebook may not be the root of all evil, but it certainly ain't all that "good" either.
In other less high school drama-ish news, I've been writing more recently. After a long dry spell it feels really quite fantastic. I hafta thank my pal, Pet, for that, though. She's really awesome at asking the tough questions and getting me thinking about my characters, my plot and getting the story moving. I stand stagnat forever without the occasional nudge. And I know she thinks I'm joking when I say this, but, she's really a lifesaver when it comes to writing and keeping me and my swiss cheese memory straight.
Also, I'm climbing back on the weightloss track. *groan* I was never really off it but I gained quite a few pounds over the holidays (like from October through December) and when I counted up all that I'd gained since my intial weightloss back in 2006, I realized I'd re-gained 18 of the 43 I'd lost. Which I guess isn't terrible over a three to four year period but it certainly ain't great. *sigh*
So, of course, I've still been eating the V-Day candy I got. And I finished off the pint of ice-cream I'd bought myself to celebrate V-Day. *shakes head* But I've also been getting in about 15 minutes or so of excercise the past three nights. So maybe by the time I get in full swing with shakin' my groove thing each night, all the treats and yummies in the house will be gone. And then (God please!) I'll start taking those 18 lbs back off. Because, you know, it'd be really nice someday to not have my butt hanging off the sides of chairs. *groan*
And that's what's been happening with me. Fun, ain't it?
Comments
If it weren't for the handful of friends and family that I like keeping in touch with, I'd close my own account.