The chair, it is DONE.

Or, "Why did I think these legs needed repainting, anyway?"

So I figured out that sanding is not fun. Yeah, you'd think I'd have had an inkling. But no. I'm oddly optimistic about the ease of things I have not done before. And sanding? Not fun. My arm and hand still hurt.

But for some reason, I decided (wisely) that I might oughta sand the metal legs before spraypainting. I sanded, and sanded and scrubbed and cried and huffed the hair outta my eyes and lamented my own stupidity to Libby and sanded some more.

And you know what? I discovered something. The legs were originally chrome!

Don't think I didn't consider just leaving them at that, cause I totally did. But the finish was still blimished from a few decades of wear and there were more rusty spots than I cared to look at. And besides--I'd already bought the spraypaint. So why not?

I battled sprinkling rain, wind and a weak trigger finger but I got those puppies spray painted silver. Which, actually, looks suspiciously a lot like brushed nickle to me. But what do I know? I'm just a girl.


Can you tell a difference? (And no, the newsprint is not the slipcover I made. :-P~~ )

Either way, it's a definite improvement from the beginning...



And now, for the final reveal...(because I know ya'll give a crap about my chair and novice diy skilz...)



Whacha think? Not half bad, right?

lol


Comments

Heather said…
Very nice - a definite improvement!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today