My Cousins!!

My cousins Mark and Brent are on YouTube!! Like, omigosh! hehehehe

Brent (on the left) is trying to get a music career started and I suppose this is one tool he's using.

But ya'll, when I pulled this up the other day I did not recognize him. I actually thought Mark (on the right) was Brent only fluffier because I haven't seen either of them in more than a year. Well, I've seen pictures of Mark with his kids but the cap threw me off. Brent, though, wow. Totally different. I'm used to him being clean cut. All my friends have always thought him to be a bit of a hottie. He's still cute, I guess. Just scruffy. And hairy. lol I guess he's going for that scruffy musician look or something. Whatever.

Brent is about 6 years younger than me and I remember babysitting him when I was twelve and he was about six. I did terrible things to him. Things like, fix his hair in tiny pigtails and make him dance with me. He, in turn, would practice karate or kung fu on me...whichever he'd just seen in whatever movie.

When we were a little older we used to sing a lot together. Actually, Mark (who is a year or two older than me) and I used to sing together a lot, too, when we were younger. They used to live a couple miles away from us and they spent a lot of time at our house. Our moms are sisters and back then, were really close. When Mark wasn't chasing Sis1 with frogs or playing He-Man with Sis2 he'd come find me and we'd sing and he'd even play Barbies with me.

Brent, on the other hand, used to strip my Barbies naked and rip their heads off. :-/

But yeah, these are my two musical buddies. I kinda miss hanging out with them, singing with them. I wish I could be a part of what they're doing now. Maybe not so much about being on YouTube, but the singing and playing. And I envy Brent for following his dreams. A part of me thinks he's crazy to forgo a solid and secure job in favor of pickin' and grinin' but the long ago girl who once had a similar dream envy's him his determination to at least try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today