My Favorite Wall
I have this wall in my house. Whenever I feel down or sad or need a cheer up quick fix (and all the chocolate is gone and there is no booze to be had) I go and stare at this wall and suddenly I feel happier.
My biggest girl, Emmy, (look closely and you'll discover her real name) grins back at me first.
Sis2, Mama Aunt Linda and I all scootched together on the tiny little couch they had in the deliver room while BIL sat in the chair beside the bed half dozing. We stayed in there trying to keep her calm for about 3 or 4 hours until the doctor finally came in and said it was time to push.
But Emmy was stubborn. (Still is!) It wasn't until 5:21am that Monday morning (yes I remember the time! lol) that she came into the world and my heart grew three sizes that day. And I slept through Introductory to broadcasting that day.
She was a chubby little thing with roly poly legs and adorably pudgy cheeks. I can still hear her little baby giggles. Sis2 and I babysat a LOT back then and I think she called all three of us Mama for about a year. :-D
Sis1 and BIL first told us they were moving to Alabama on a Christmas Day of 2002 or 2003, I think. And we all just fell apart. I cried for weeks. I didn't care so much that my sister and BIL were moving. They could jump off the planet for all I cared. But to take my baby so far away! Oh, it was a miserable time.
But amazingly, that hour and a half to two hour drive hasn't killed our sweet relationship. She still sometimes slips and calls me Mama. And whenever they get here or I get to their house she runs to me, arms outstretched yelling, "Aunt Jana!" in her sweet little voice.
Gosh, I'm gonna hate it when she's 16 and pretends not to know me.
And then there's this little sweetie.
Gosh, how much she's grown up lately. She's 95.5% potty-trained, ya'll! There is much excitement over this. It's even more exciting than when she learned to walk. (And waaaay more messy. Ewe.)
She's talking in almost all full sentences and has learned how to play "possum." And in case you don't know what that means, she's learned to fake being asleep. Apparently she does it well enough that she convinced her other grandmother that she was asleep so that she wouldn't have to kiss her Mimi good-bye the last time thatwoman came over to Sis2's. lol (She doesn't like Sis2's MIL either! hehehe)
And, ya'll, steel yourselves. The newest addition to the happy wall...
Is he a heartbreaker or what? That boy is gonna make all the girls drool and act silly. Heck, he already makes me act silly. It'd be embarrassing, the lengths I go to to get this boy to grin, if I cared to be embarrassed. Which I don't. Not when I'm working on that little grin. Boy melts my heart every time.
He's almost to the point of sitting up on his own and is already trying to crawl! Little booger is going to keep his mama busy. He also has begun reaching for his sister's toys. Or her sippy cup. Or whatever else she's got. And his sister is already showing a sore lacking of sharing. lol Should be fun times around their household in another few months.
But, they love each other. (Which I'll have to remind them of when they get to the age of sibling rivalry and shouting matches. Something tells me they are going to enjoy annoying the heck outta each other. lol)
And Aunt Jana loves them.
I may need to spend some more time with this wall tonight...
My biggest girl, Emmy, (look closely and you'll discover her real name) grins back at me first.
She's still got awkward teeth and girl's gonna need braces, but she's my first baby. I can still remember when she was born a million ten years ago. I was in my first semester my junior year of college, taking my introductory broadcasting courses. Sis1 called around 10pm on a Sunday night. "I think my water just broke and I can't stop peeing." hehehe Mama and I rushed around and left (Daddy had to work the next morning so he couldn't go). We had to swing by their house to pick up my aunt who'd come over to help them and before we knew it we were at the hospital. It was 11pm by then and Sis1 had already had her epidural.
Sis2, Mama Aunt Linda and I all scootched together on the tiny little couch they had in the deliver room while BIL sat in the chair beside the bed half dozing. We stayed in there trying to keep her calm for about 3 or 4 hours until the doctor finally came in and said it was time to push.
But Emmy was stubborn. (Still is!) It wasn't until 5:21am that Monday morning (yes I remember the time! lol) that she came into the world and my heart grew three sizes that day. And I slept through Introductory to broadcasting that day.
She was a chubby little thing with roly poly legs and adorably pudgy cheeks. I can still hear her little baby giggles. Sis2 and I babysat a LOT back then and I think she called all three of us Mama for about a year. :-D
Sis1 and BIL first told us they were moving to Alabama on a Christmas Day of 2002 or 2003, I think. And we all just fell apart. I cried for weeks. I didn't care so much that my sister and BIL were moving. They could jump off the planet for all I cared. But to take my baby so far away! Oh, it was a miserable time.
But amazingly, that hour and a half to two hour drive hasn't killed our sweet relationship. She still sometimes slips and calls me Mama. And whenever they get here or I get to their house she runs to me, arms outstretched yelling, "Aunt Jana!" in her sweet little voice.
Gosh, I'm gonna hate it when she's 16 and pretends not to know me.
And then there's this little sweetie.
Gosh, how much she's grown up lately. She's 95.5% potty-trained, ya'll! There is much excitement over this. It's even more exciting than when she learned to walk. (And waaaay more messy. Ewe.)
She's talking in almost all full sentences and has learned how to play "possum." And in case you don't know what that means, she's learned to fake being asleep. Apparently she does it well enough that she convinced her other grandmother that she was asleep so that she wouldn't have to kiss her Mimi good-bye the last time thatwoman came over to Sis2's. lol (She doesn't like Sis2's MIL either! hehehe)
And, ya'll, steel yourselves. The newest addition to the happy wall...
Is he a heartbreaker or what? That boy is gonna make all the girls drool and act silly. Heck, he already makes me act silly. It'd be embarrassing, the lengths I go to to get this boy to grin, if I cared to be embarrassed. Which I don't. Not when I'm working on that little grin. Boy melts my heart every time.
He's almost to the point of sitting up on his own and is already trying to crawl! Little booger is going to keep his mama busy. He also has begun reaching for his sister's toys. Or her sippy cup. Or whatever else she's got. And his sister is already showing a sore lacking of sharing. lol Should be fun times around their household in another few months.
But, they love each other. (Which I'll have to remind them of when they get to the age of sibling rivalry and shouting matches. Something tells me they are going to enjoy annoying the heck outta each other. lol)
And Aunt Jana loves them.
I may need to spend some more time with this wall tonight...






Comments
Glad your "happy wall" helps you destress and lightens your mood!