Nothing In Particular

I'm feeling a little achy today. Trying to improve my posture is a biscuit. But I'm told that if you learn to not slouch and suck in your gut 90% of the time, it helps firm up your abs and make you look thinner. For me, "looking thinner" simply means my gut sticks out a half inch less than normal. But heck, a half inch is a half inch.

I got a new Denise Austin DVD this week that I've been working with. I had told myself that this time around in the weightloss war I wasn't going to do "structured" excercise. But after I lost two pounds and then promptly gained them back I thought, heck. Why not? So upon Trixie's advice, I looked around for some indoor walking DVD's and lucked up on a Denise Austin one. I used to work out with DA all the time when she was on Lifetime and really liked her workouts. And lost a few pounds with them, too.

So far, I've worked out two days with it. It's three seperate 15 minute one mile indoor walks. I'm stuck in the beginners mode right now since it's been so long since I did actual aerobic type stuff. And even though its billed as an indoor walk, it's a bit more like an aeorbic workout. Well, a lite one, anyway. lol I like it, though. It's challenging enough to get me started and easy enough to not give up, but not so easy that I feel as though I'm wasting my time. Last night I did the beginer's 15 twice so I guess you could say I walked two miles.

Of course, I also ate three donuts and a cupcake yesterday. So I prolly should have done it half a dozen times. :-/

In totally unrelated news, we are once again required to wear nametags at work. *frustrated sigh* I wouldn't care except the things never lay right, no one ever notices anyway AND I can never remember to take it off before going home so I inevitably end up with it at home instead of work. So annoying. Besides, I don't really care for anyone to know my name anyway. That way, if I screw up and offend them they won't know my name when they go to complain about me. If asked to describe me they will then be forced to shamefully say, "The heaveyset (or fat) dark haired white girl." Which, they deserve to be embarrassed about describing me as such if they're annoying enough to be offended by anything my sweet little innocent self does or says. Because I am all that is goodness and light in this stinkin' library. hehehe And also, that same description could describe at least one other person up here. And she's not nearly so awsome and sweet as I am. So the PTB would prolly assume it was her. *eg*

The Devil Pup and I went for a little jaunt around the yard yesterday. It was just warm enough to be outside for a while and the ground was almost not completely soggy. So she chased leaves while I picked up limbs and sticks that had lain in defeat through the winter. So far, I have three piles of sticks, twigs and limbs that need to be burned or carried off. I'm hoping my amazing Daddy will help a poor girl out with that. He's got my mower with the handy dandy dump cart that would make the hauling part easier AND he's a certified volunteer fireman so if I decide to burn he could help keep me from burning my house down. 

Ya'll, it's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow! Can ya'll believe that?? I'm so incredibly excited about that that I'm going home tonight and digging out my flip-flops and getting them ready to wear tomorrow morning. Even though I'll probably haft put them back up after tomorrow since it's supposed to fricken RAIN Saturday! Argh!

Sis1 and Emmy are coming tomorrow afternoon to spend the weekend. Supposed to be for my birthday weekend (SINCE MY BIRTHDAY IS TUESDAY!!!) but we all know that my birthday is rarely anything to get excited about. Last year I almost wish they hadn't made any effort at all, it was so half hearted. This year, at least, Sis1 is actually coming home. She hasn't been home for my birthday in two years. And there's been talk of us girls going out tomorrow night but I'm not holding my breath. Something always comes up to get in the way. So we'll see.

I need more friends who aren't related to me. *sigh* Preferably single friends without kids and husbands to consider. Most of the friends I actually do have (within face to face hanging out distance) are married with kids. Going out with them is nearly impossible and is usually last minute. I've literally gotten phone calls that go like this: "My husband's at home and he owes me. Let's go see a movie. See you in an hour." lol

Trixie? You ready to move south yet?? I can promise you won't have a million feet of snow in the winter. And we have that new fangled stuff called a/c for the unbearably  hot summers. *bg*

Anyway, I dread next week. It's spring break this week and all the annoying students are gone. It's been so peaceful and quiet around town. I went to the post office Monday to mail some stuff and I didn't have to wait in line for three hours! I got to go right up to the counter and it took me all of four minutes to get the stuff sent and I was out the door. Fricken amazing! LOL Mama had gone on to Kroger (which is a hop and skip behind the PO) and was going to come back for me but since I got through the line so fast, I just walked over. AND...I didn't get run over by any lunatic students irresponsible drivers!

And since I'm running out of crap to ramble about...

Comments

Heather said…
Me, move down south? Ain't happening. Heather likes cool, comfortable climes. *g* Besides, if you lived up here you could attend our annual ladies nights (no children or men allowed), hehe... Hope you enjoy that walking DVD, and that family doesn't ruin your birthday too much. You did see that I didn't get a single card from any of my six sisters, right? Good thing I have awesome friends!

HA! My word ver is "blogers." Umm...think there's supposed to be another 'g' in there. lol
Jana said…
Awe, But I can't take the snow! lol
Jana said…
Right back atch, doll! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today