Peanut Butter Pie
I had fully intended to veg on the couch when I got home Saturday but...I don't know. I've gotten to where I just can't seem to sit still much anymore. I've got to be busy doing something. Otherwise I get antsy and bored and either go in search of food (bad) or I think too much. (dangerous) Instead of vegging I did laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. Made a Peanut Butter Pie that is...Mmmmm...mmm...goooood. Actually, it's a little bit too peanut buttery for me but the Folks said "Ain't nothing wrong with this pie." At least, that's what Daddy said. lol And if Daddy likes it, it must be good. So that's all that matters. That Daddy liked it.
If I ever make one just for me, I do think I'll cut the PB in half and add a bit of extra cream cheese. Maybe mix in some chopped Reese's cups...Tons of possibilities with this pie to improve upon. Mostly, I just enjoyed making it.
Ya'll have probably already figured this out from recent months' posts...I'm rediscovering my joy of cooking/baking. Nothing fancy or difficult, but just the act of being in the kitchen and experimenting. And okay, so I still can't make bread right, but I'm enjoying the process. In addition to pies, bread, and cookies, though, I've also rediscovered the joy of cooking meals. Probably for the past year or two I'd stopped cooking altogether. I existed on frozen dinners (mostly Lean Cuisine) and most recently merely eating apple slices and string cheese for supper. But I've begun buying actual food (chicken breasts, pork chops, turkey burger, eggs, etc) and making my own meals. Nothing fancy or complicated. But good healthy food I made myself. That tastes so much better than Lean Cuisines. And I feel really, really happy.
As I was shakin' my groove thang Saturday night, I got thinking and I think I'm rediscovering a lot of things I'd put aside over the course of the past year or so. Like music, books, and writing. Although that last one is still kinda iffy. But I hadn't realized how much of the things I used to enjoy I'd basically stopped doing until I started doing them again. Dancing like a fool with the stereo blasting, reading like a fiend, writing and feeling excited about it, and yeah, cooking. And I know the past couple of years have been hard ones but I didn't realize I'd sunk so low that I'd stopped doing most of the things I enjoy. I'll tell you, the past year or two mostly what I've done is lay on the couch and doze in the evenings. But now it's like I'm slowly waking up and finding all that I've missed while I'd "checked out."
Weird.
Anyway, (boy did I ever veer off! lol) I also got creative Saturday afternoon and decide to slip cover a couple of chairs. Don't get too excited, they're not big chairs and nothing as extensive as the job my friend did on that other chair I showed ya'll. They're really just a couple of old dining chairs that have been floating around the family for probably 40 years. lol (Maybe more like 30 but I know they started out in my great-grandmother's dining room (When she went into the nursing home ten years ago she still had the table that went with them) and they floated down to Granny and Paw-Paw before they ended up at the Folks. We used them for years until they started breaking. Ended up only being three left and at one time I had all three. I think when I moved into the apartment, my mother ended up with one. They've been covered and recovered a few times already but that's been probably 20 years ago.
Since I had all that fabric left over from the other chair I thought I'd give slip covering a whirl. Took me about an hour and a half to figure out how to do it and I got the top portion of one chair done before I decided to take a break. lol Never having done it before I figure there's a learning curve. And I was hand sewing, too, since I didn't want to bother Mama for her machine. (I hate borrowing from her because the projects usually tend to get taken over. Boo!)
Anyway, ya'll know once I'm done I'll share pics with ya'll. Just fair warning. hehehehe
I don't really want to get into Sunday but my prayer for the day is this:
Please God help me to find a way to improve how I respond to the ones I love and to change how I feel and how I react to others so that I may be respectful, kind, and at all times reflect You in all that I do, say, think and feel. Amen.
If I ever make one just for me, I do think I'll cut the PB in half and add a bit of extra cream cheese. Maybe mix in some chopped Reese's cups...Tons of possibilities with this pie to improve upon. Mostly, I just enjoyed making it.
Ya'll have probably already figured this out from recent months' posts...I'm rediscovering my joy of cooking/baking. Nothing fancy or difficult, but just the act of being in the kitchen and experimenting. And okay, so I still can't make bread right, but I'm enjoying the process. In addition to pies, bread, and cookies, though, I've also rediscovered the joy of cooking meals. Probably for the past year or two I'd stopped cooking altogether. I existed on frozen dinners (mostly Lean Cuisine) and most recently merely eating apple slices and string cheese for supper. But I've begun buying actual food (chicken breasts, pork chops, turkey burger, eggs, etc) and making my own meals. Nothing fancy or complicated. But good healthy food I made myself. That tastes so much better than Lean Cuisines. And I feel really, really happy.
As I was shakin' my groove thang Saturday night, I got thinking and I think I'm rediscovering a lot of things I'd put aside over the course of the past year or so. Like music, books, and writing. Although that last one is still kinda iffy. But I hadn't realized how much of the things I used to enjoy I'd basically stopped doing until I started doing them again. Dancing like a fool with the stereo blasting, reading like a fiend, writing and feeling excited about it, and yeah, cooking. And I know the past couple of years have been hard ones but I didn't realize I'd sunk so low that I'd stopped doing most of the things I enjoy. I'll tell you, the past year or two mostly what I've done is lay on the couch and doze in the evenings. But now it's like I'm slowly waking up and finding all that I've missed while I'd "checked out."
Weird.
Anyway, (boy did I ever veer off! lol) I also got creative Saturday afternoon and decide to slip cover a couple of chairs. Don't get too excited, they're not big chairs and nothing as extensive as the job my friend did on that other chair I showed ya'll. They're really just a couple of old dining chairs that have been floating around the family for probably 40 years. lol (Maybe more like 30 but I know they started out in my great-grandmother's dining room (When she went into the nursing home ten years ago she still had the table that went with them) and they floated down to Granny and Paw-Paw before they ended up at the Folks. We used them for years until they started breaking. Ended up only being three left and at one time I had all three. I think when I moved into the apartment, my mother ended up with one. They've been covered and recovered a few times already but that's been probably 20 years ago.
Since I had all that fabric left over from the other chair I thought I'd give slip covering a whirl. Took me about an hour and a half to figure out how to do it and I got the top portion of one chair done before I decided to take a break. lol Never having done it before I figure there's a learning curve. And I was hand sewing, too, since I didn't want to bother Mama for her machine. (I hate borrowing from her because the projects usually tend to get taken over. Boo!)
Anyway, ya'll know once I'm done I'll share pics with ya'll. Just fair warning. hehehehe
I don't really want to get into Sunday but my prayer for the day is this:
Please God help me to find a way to improve how I respond to the ones I love and to change how I feel and how I react to others so that I may be respectful, kind, and at all times reflect You in all that I do, say, think and feel. Amen.
Comments