The Universe, it has a sense of humor.
And it apparently likes to make fun of me. Why am I not suprised?? lol
So, a while back I think I may have jokingly posted about how the universe was telling me to get a new vacuum because a few of my reguarly read home bloggers had just had to purchase one. And, well, I think I'm going to need to buy myself one, now. *sigh*
Thursday night, in preparation for Sis1 coming to stay with me for the weekend, I dragged out the hand-me-down Dirt Devil that Mama had passed on to me when she got a new one. As I began vacuuming the carpet in the Devil Pup's room, it started stinking and making a weird noise and wasn't picking up anything. So I cut it off, lifted it up to check and make suret here wasn't anything hung up in their and the blame thing threw up on the carpet. Seriously, it was vacuum vomit. lol Then, me being an idiot, I lifted the attachment hose and it spewed all over the place too.
So, not only didn't I have a freshly vacuumed carpet, I now had two piles of vacuum vomit. Ugh.
Fortunately, I still had the little blue vacuum I inherited from Sis2 several years ago. I quit using it because it doesn't pick up well. Thankfully it picked up the vacuum vomit and at least some of the filth from Libby's carpet. lol
But if I ever hope to have a decent carpet again, looks like I'll be investing in a new sucker. :-/
Anyway, so yeah, Sis1 and Emmy came home this weekend, ostensibly for my birthday weekend. I met them at Sis2's to go eat Friday night while Mama took Lyssa and Emmy home with her. Goofus kept Ethan and us girls went to our favorite deli for sandwhiches. The food was good but the conversation was better. We rarely ever get to have good conversation anymore. Too many husbands butting in and such.
We covered every topic deep and shallow that we could think of. I think at one point we covered faith and spirituality and the next veered off into old crushes and celebrity gossip and then back to faith and spirituality. lol It was...nice.
Saturday was okay, too. I spent most of the day outside with Emmy and Lyssa at the swingset. Lyssa wanted to swing as much as she could and since it was such a gorgeous day--not hot and not cold--I stayed out there with them. Emmy said she liked it better with me out there instead of Nana because Nana worries too much about Lyssa getting hurt. This was, maybe, two minutes before Lyssa busted her lip? lol
She was fine, though. She didn't even cry until I tried to get her to go in to clean it up. Then she threw a hissy fit. Emmy ended up having to get in to get something to clean her up. That girl won't let anything-- not even blood!--get in the way of fun. lol
By the end of the day, though, I was pretty much zonked. Sis1 and I went home and dozed through a movie.
By the end of yesterday, I had pretty much hit the wall on the amount of time spent with my family. lol I love them dearly but two straight days with them was pretty much it for me. I escaped as soon as I could and went home. Ended up making apple fritters just to decompress. I don't know when cooking and baking and/or making stuff became my therapy but somehow it has. So I made apple fritters, nearly ate myself sick on them and read Wild Ride in between watching Desperate Housewives.
And that was my weekend. Hope yours rocked your socks!
So, a while back I think I may have jokingly posted about how the universe was telling me to get a new vacuum because a few of my reguarly read home bloggers had just had to purchase one. And, well, I think I'm going to need to buy myself one, now. *sigh*
Thursday night, in preparation for Sis1 coming to stay with me for the weekend, I dragged out the hand-me-down Dirt Devil that Mama had passed on to me when she got a new one. As I began vacuuming the carpet in the Devil Pup's room, it started stinking and making a weird noise and wasn't picking up anything. So I cut it off, lifted it up to check and make suret here wasn't anything hung up in their and the blame thing threw up on the carpet. Seriously, it was vacuum vomit. lol Then, me being an idiot, I lifted the attachment hose and it spewed all over the place too.
So, not only didn't I have a freshly vacuumed carpet, I now had two piles of vacuum vomit. Ugh.
Fortunately, I still had the little blue vacuum I inherited from Sis2 several years ago. I quit using it because it doesn't pick up well. Thankfully it picked up the vacuum vomit and at least some of the filth from Libby's carpet. lol
But if I ever hope to have a decent carpet again, looks like I'll be investing in a new sucker. :-/
Anyway, so yeah, Sis1 and Emmy came home this weekend, ostensibly for my birthday weekend. I met them at Sis2's to go eat Friday night while Mama took Lyssa and Emmy home with her. Goofus kept Ethan and us girls went to our favorite deli for sandwhiches. The food was good but the conversation was better. We rarely ever get to have good conversation anymore. Too many husbands butting in and such.
We covered every topic deep and shallow that we could think of. I think at one point we covered faith and spirituality and the next veered off into old crushes and celebrity gossip and then back to faith and spirituality. lol It was...nice.
Saturday was okay, too. I spent most of the day outside with Emmy and Lyssa at the swingset. Lyssa wanted to swing as much as she could and since it was such a gorgeous day--not hot and not cold--I stayed out there with them. Emmy said she liked it better with me out there instead of Nana because Nana worries too much about Lyssa getting hurt. This was, maybe, two minutes before Lyssa busted her lip? lol
She was fine, though. She didn't even cry until I tried to get her to go in to clean it up. Then she threw a hissy fit. Emmy ended up having to get in to get something to clean her up. That girl won't let anything-- not even blood!--get in the way of fun. lol
By the end of the day, though, I was pretty much zonked. Sis1 and I went home and dozed through a movie.
By the end of yesterday, I had pretty much hit the wall on the amount of time spent with my family. lol I love them dearly but two straight days with them was pretty much it for me. I escaped as soon as I could and went home. Ended up making apple fritters just to decompress. I don't know when cooking and baking and/or making stuff became my therapy but somehow it has. So I made apple fritters, nearly ate myself sick on them and read Wild Ride in between watching Desperate Housewives.
And that was my weekend. Hope yours rocked your socks!
Comments
Actually, I really want the Hoover back that I used to have. BIL gave me one long years ago that worked amazing. It was seriously awesome. I burned the belt up on it after I got the apartment in 08 but I made the mistake of letting my mother change the belt for me and she lost the screws that put the thing back together. Then she left it out on their carport for a year and the mice ate through some stuff. :(
They were deliscious. Or they were until I put them in a container too quickly and made them soggy. Hot and freshly glazed, they're marvelous! And super easy to make. I highly recommend.
I did add a little bit of nutmeg to mine, though. Just because I like the nutmeg and cinnemon combo with apples. ;-)