Yesterday...
*singing* All my troubles seemed so far away...
Oh, hi. hehehe Sorry. Got sidetracked.
So yesterday (and I'll spare you anymore singing) was a pretty good birthday. It helps that my expectations were practically nonexistant. lol
My friends at work took me out to lunch. We ate Chinese and gossiped about some folks we know and I managed to stick my foot in my mouth not once, but twice. *sigh* I've really got to stop talking to people. It's dangerous. lol And what's worse is, the first time, I only meant to insult myself and ended up insulting one of my friends. I don't think she was mad or hurt. She laughed. But I still felt bad. The second time was just me being un-PC when this same friend is very PC about a few things.
I guess I just always trust my friends to know what I mean and how I mean it but she and I aren't like, you know, close, friends. *sigh* I don't think she was mad, though, about either. But again, I still felt bad.
Sis2 brought the kids up to the library to see me. They were there when I got back from lunch and I ended up taking a super long lunch break. Fortunately my supervisor likes me enough that she was cool with it.
Lyssa's been to the library before but it's been several months and she was much younger, then. This time she was just fascinated by all the doors and rooms and she loved that when we were walking on the 3rd floor atrium she could look down and see the people on 2nd floor.
Ethan wasn't quite so impressed. lol Mama(Nana) carried him most of the time until her arms gave out and two minutes after she handed him to me, he fell asleep. So I ended up carrying him around showing him off. Needless to say, my arms are sore today. Kid probably weighs around 20lbs by now! lol But it was great to get to see them on my birthday. It still blows me away sometimes how much I love those kids. :)
Supper was pretty good. Daddy had the steaks cooked for us when we got home but he didn't get to stay and eat with us. An old friend had died and he and Granny went to the visitation/wake. He did make it home before I left, though, and I sat with him and visited while he ate.
So it was just me and Mama and the dogs for supper. I only got annoyed once, amazingly enough. hehehe She criticized the steak as being too tough. It wasn't. It was deeee-lish. Small. But deeee-lish.
I went home and ate what was left of my turtle cheesecake and watched Lost. Sis1 called shortly before eight and I thought she was calling to wish me a happy birthday. She wasn't. And I shouldn't have cared. She needed to talk about something and needed some sisterly sympathy, I guess. I just thought she could have wished me a happy birthday first, right? And THEN launched into her problem? But that's just me being selfish.
And in the interest of full disclosure, I was also selfish in praying that BFF wouldn't call me back. She'd called earlier when I was on the way home from work to wish me a happy birthday but she said she'd call me back later to fill me on some of the drama in her life. And selfishly, I didn't really want to deal with her drama on my birthday. I don't really like to deal with her drama at all, but what else are friends for if not to listen to you when you do something stupid and tell you that you did something stupid? lol Fortunately, she didn't call back last night and I had a reprieve and was able to watch Lost uninterupted.
Also finished Wild Ride last night. It was really great. I had wondered how Crusie/Mayer would work out writing a non-romantic supernatural adventure. But they pulled it off flawlessly. So flawlessly that I didn't even really notice that I wasn't reading a romance. :-D
So 31 wasn't so bad a birthday. I do wish people would stop asking me if I feel older. I feel older each and every day. lol It's not like magically on my birthday I'm suddenly going to feel ancient!
Oh, hi. hehehe Sorry. Got sidetracked.
So yesterday (and I'll spare you anymore singing) was a pretty good birthday. It helps that my expectations were practically nonexistant. lol
My friends at work took me out to lunch. We ate Chinese and gossiped about some folks we know and I managed to stick my foot in my mouth not once, but twice. *sigh* I've really got to stop talking to people. It's dangerous. lol And what's worse is, the first time, I only meant to insult myself and ended up insulting one of my friends. I don't think she was mad or hurt. She laughed. But I still felt bad. The second time was just me being un-PC when this same friend is very PC about a few things.
I guess I just always trust my friends to know what I mean and how I mean it but she and I aren't like, you know, close, friends. *sigh* I don't think she was mad, though, about either. But again, I still felt bad.
Sis2 brought the kids up to the library to see me. They were there when I got back from lunch and I ended up taking a super long lunch break. Fortunately my supervisor likes me enough that she was cool with it.
Lyssa's been to the library before but it's been several months and she was much younger, then. This time she was just fascinated by all the doors and rooms and she loved that when we were walking on the 3rd floor atrium she could look down and see the people on 2nd floor.
Ethan wasn't quite so impressed. lol Mama(Nana) carried him most of the time until her arms gave out and two minutes after she handed him to me, he fell asleep. So I ended up carrying him around showing him off. Needless to say, my arms are sore today. Kid probably weighs around 20lbs by now! lol But it was great to get to see them on my birthday. It still blows me away sometimes how much I love those kids. :)
Supper was pretty good. Daddy had the steaks cooked for us when we got home but he didn't get to stay and eat with us. An old friend had died and he and Granny went to the visitation/wake. He did make it home before I left, though, and I sat with him and visited while he ate.
So it was just me and Mama and the dogs for supper. I only got annoyed once, amazingly enough. hehehe She criticized the steak as being too tough. It wasn't. It was deeee-lish. Small. But deeee-lish.
I went home and ate what was left of my turtle cheesecake and watched Lost. Sis1 called shortly before eight and I thought she was calling to wish me a happy birthday. She wasn't. And I shouldn't have cared. She needed to talk about something and needed some sisterly sympathy, I guess. I just thought she could have wished me a happy birthday first, right? And THEN launched into her problem? But that's just me being selfish.
And in the interest of full disclosure, I was also selfish in praying that BFF wouldn't call me back. She'd called earlier when I was on the way home from work to wish me a happy birthday but she said she'd call me back later to fill me on some of the drama in her life. And selfishly, I didn't really want to deal with her drama on my birthday. I don't really like to deal with her drama at all, but what else are friends for if not to listen to you when you do something stupid and tell you that you did something stupid? lol Fortunately, she didn't call back last night and I had a reprieve and was able to watch Lost uninterupted.
Also finished Wild Ride last night. It was really great. I had wondered how Crusie/Mayer would work out writing a non-romantic supernatural adventure. But they pulled it off flawlessly. So flawlessly that I didn't even really notice that I wasn't reading a romance. :-D
So 31 wasn't so bad a birthday. I do wish people would stop asking me if I feel older. I feel older each and every day. lol It's not like magically on my birthday I'm suddenly going to feel ancient!
Comments