Diva

Okay, so I'm sorry for the drama yesterday. Or maybe I shouldn't apologize because I'm not sorry that I felt the way I felt. I'm just as entitled to feel frustration as the next gal. And this is my blog, after all. So I take it back. I'm not sorry.  lol Just sorry it may have worried anyone.

Ya'll know I'd never really leave. If I ever do stop blogging it'll be because of some catastrophic event. Like my internet going away or blogs going out of fashion. Or blogger kicking me out for being a diva. Something like that. This is the ONLY place I can speak what's on my heart and mind and not be spoken over or around or made to feel bad for feeling the way I feel.

So yeah. Yesterday I got a tad frustrated with the world. It seems that I am apparently not allowed to express my gripes. I am not allowed to complain about ANYTHING because, well, the whole darned universe has bigger gripes than me and I need to just suck it up. And even when I get passive agressive and state something along these lines I still get a "I'll trade with you." because my life isn't nearly as gripe worthy.

I probably shouldn't get irritated. But I do. And it doesn't help that I'm PMS'd and I know that's not anyone else's problem but mine but you know...I just get tired of it sometimes. The way some people take my statements and tear at me--whether that's their intentions or not. Why can't people just say, "Boy, that sucks" when I gripe about something? Why does everything have to be a competition to see who's got it worse? Am I supposed to feel guilty for griping about something when it's obvious that the whole world is suffering far more than me? Am I not entitled to be annoyed with my life just because it's not as bad as someone else's?

And then there's the people who won't let me speak at all. I'll be in the middle of saying something and they just...TALK OVER ME! Like I didn't utter a word. My mother is the world's worst about this. She does this with my dad, too, which might explain why they argue so much. He, like me, talks a little slower than most. It takes us a minute to organize our thoughts and articulate them. Does that mean that what we have to say is less important or less worth hearing than anyone else's just because they talk faster than us??

Some of my friends at work do this, too. They're all louder than me and apparently have more to say than I do so I don't talk fast enough to fit conversation. And then they all tease me for being so quiet!! Maybe if they'd just shut up for two darned minutes I might speak! lol

Oy.

Anyway, that's what was going on with me yesterday. I was so frustrated and even though I had a couple of blogs typed expressing that frustration far better than the one I left, I was so frustrated that those blogs were a little on the raw side and I really didn't feel like sharing that. So I went Diva instead. Which, I suppose, is my perogative.

Anyway, I did have some good news yesterday that got lost in the mix of my frustration. Are you ready for it??

I lost another pound!! lol

I'm two pounds away from my pre-Christmas/pre-Fall depression weight. Color me happy.

Of course I may have gained that back yesterday because in my fit of frustration I may have indulged a little more than I meant to. Not as bad as I could've, but definitely more than I should have. But oh well. It's done. Can't take it back. So I'll just hafta work a little harder at it today.

Speaking of today, though, I'm at work right now. Joy. Blech.

But, AFTER work, I'm meeting up with Sis2 to do a little shopping. That is, unless Goofus or her MIL changed her plans for her. They have a nasty habit of doing that. But I'm not going to think about them right now because if I do, I'll be forced to get a Sonic Bacon Cheeseburger when I get off work. hehehe

We're supposed to go shopping, though, because she has agreed to let me help her decorate hers and Goofus's bedroom. She was so impressed with mine that when I asked if she'd like my help with hers she agreed. We had a rather nice budget to work with but Goofus went and blew it on a tiller of all things. Because he thinks he's going to do yard work??? But I'm not going to think about that either because THEN I'd be forced to self medicate with a Java Chiller later.

I bought the comforter for their bed as a housewarming gift since I hadn't bought them anything. She and I are going to be shopping for the accessories. Art, lamps, drapes, etc. We were going to do a seating area with a couple of slipper chairs and a side table but that got cut out when her budget was spent on the tiller.

I'm looking forward to it because ya'll know I love to decorate and stuff and her bedroom could REALLY use a little dressing up. Goofus's aunts helped them decorate the rest of the house but Sis2 asked that they not do her bedroom. It's her own personal sanctuary. But since I'm her sister and she doesn't have much time to do it on her own, she agreed to my help. Or maybe she didn't want to hurt my feelings. Whatever. And anyway, I'm itching for a new project since my house is basically done for the time being. (Pictures coming soon...)

And that's it for me, for now.

Comments

Heather said…
(((HUGS)))

I know how you feel about other people believing their problems, no matter how big or small, are more important than yours. Remember, I worked with a couple of such divas seven years ago.

That being said, I watched an interesting lecture on PBS over the weekend, "Happiness 101 with Tal Ben-Shahar." One point he made that is so basic and makes sense but which many people tend to forget or ignore, is that you have to give yourself and others permission to be human.

Everyone has a bad day, or a bad week, or -- heck -- sometimes even a bad year. Grief, sadness, and frustration are all a part of the human experience. As the REM song says, "everybody hurts sometime." No one is "up" all the time, and if they were, people would be so irritated by their constant cheerfulness they'd beat the crap out of them, LOL.

So, I hereby grant you permission to be human. Give yourself permission as well! ;)

Hope today is a better day!
Jana said…
Heather, my friend, you are the BEST. Love you!

I will try to remember from now on that all the dorks in my life who sometimes drive me crazy are just displaying their human-ness and so maybe next time I'll be all, "You know what? Your life DOES suck more than mine. So sorry about that."

hehehe
Heather said…
There ya go! LOL

Glad I could make you smile - especially since it's a Monday. *G*
Jana said…
I self medicated my Monday with blueberry walnut coffee cake. I had to take three doses but I highly recommend it. *sg*
Heather said…
They had to ruin a good coffee cake with walnuts?? Sigh...
Jana said…
There was some with almonds, too, that were good. I ate one with almonds and two with walnuts. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today