Friday Forcast

Storms are on their way. The system that hit OK and TX last night is headed our way and supposed to be here by tonight. Yay, weather!

Or, really, hey. I'd love to have a spot of rain. Because two whole weeks without a single drop has shown us exactly why we shouldn't pray the rain away.  BUT (and that's a big 'but') no storms please. At least not tomorrow. Tomorrow I've got plans.

Our women's ministry group at church is throwing our first ever ladies' Spring brunch. While I'm not an active member of the women's ministry group I have been asked to help decorate and thus feel some ownership of the event. And, it's a great outreach ministry to help grow our church in the community. I want it to be successful. I want that for our church, for our ministry and to honour God. But also, I want it to be successful because I know how much hard work the other ladies in the group have put into planning, organizing, and preparing for tomorrow's events.


While the event is actually being held indoors, stormy weather could still squash the attendance. The women's ministry group is comprised of mostly older ladies who do not like to drive in bad weather. Wisely, they choose to stay at home during storms. So while I'm not praying the RAIN away, I am praying the storm away. Is that considered splitting hairs???

Personally, I'm equal parts looking forward to it and dreading it. I'm looking forward to it because I know it'll probably be at least a little fun. And I might learn something useful. But I'm dreading it because...ya'll, I'm not a social butterfly. I don't do group activities (which is why I'm not an active member of the women's ministry group to start with!) nor do I do fancy luncheons and brunches. Also, we've got to wear hats! Granted, I'm wearing a pink straw cowgirl hat so it's not QUITE at doofy as it could be, but hats don't wear me well. *sigh*

My feelings aside, though, I do hope we have a great turnout and everyone has loads of fun. So if ya'll could help me pray the storm away, that'd be GREAT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today