Hump Day
Somedays there just isn't a whole lotta good stuff to say. Today, I thought, would be one of them. It started out really crappy. It was bad enough that tears were involved. There's a lot of crap going on in Jana-land these days and it's really dragging a girl down. This morning was just the culumnation of it all.
But you know, my Father has a way of jumping in and speaking to me just when I need Him most. I won't get into everything that's going on because it's mostly church related but some of it also me-being-an-insecure-pain-in-the-butt related. And at the lowest angriest part of my morning I asked Him to fix it. And I got my wish.
He sent my buddy Mrs. B up to see me. And I know her words came directly from Him because she had no way of knowing what I needed to hear. I was only talking about the church issues and she somehow shifted it to my insecure-pain-in-the-buttness. She addressed so plainly the hot button issue that I'm so insecure about and how wrong I was. How much more I am to her and others than I think I am.
I feel like such a fraud, too, because I know I'm not as amazing as she said I am. I can't possibly be. I'm a selfish spoiled brat and we all know it. I had to wonder how I'd managed to fool her so thoroughly. But she was so sincere that it felt good to know that to at least one person, I matter. That to one person, my faith is plainly obvious. To one person, I'm not a dumb kid who just fell off the turnip truck.
I think it's something we all need to hear from time to time. That we matter. That we make a difference in someone's life. That we are respected and cared about. With that in mind I just gotta say, ya'll? YA'LL MATTER. Jen, Heather, Aunt B, Latesha and anyone else who comments or even just lurks. Ya'll matter. You make a difference to this girl's life. And I love you all.
And thank you, Father, making this day not as bad as it was.
But you know, my Father has a way of jumping in and speaking to me just when I need Him most. I won't get into everything that's going on because it's mostly church related but some of it also me-being-an-insecure-pain-in-the-butt related. And at the lowest angriest part of my morning I asked Him to fix it. And I got my wish.
He sent my buddy Mrs. B up to see me. And I know her words came directly from Him because she had no way of knowing what I needed to hear. I was only talking about the church issues and she somehow shifted it to my insecure-pain-in-the-buttness. She addressed so plainly the hot button issue that I'm so insecure about and how wrong I was. How much more I am to her and others than I think I am.
I feel like such a fraud, too, because I know I'm not as amazing as she said I am. I can't possibly be. I'm a selfish spoiled brat and we all know it. I had to wonder how I'd managed to fool her so thoroughly. But she was so sincere that it felt good to know that to at least one person, I matter. That to one person, my faith is plainly obvious. To one person, I'm not a dumb kid who just fell off the turnip truck.
I think it's something we all need to hear from time to time. That we matter. That we make a difference in someone's life. That we are respected and cared about. With that in mind I just gotta say, ya'll? YA'LL MATTER. Jen, Heather, Aunt B, Latesha and anyone else who comments or even just lurks. Ya'll matter. You make a difference to this girl's life. And I love you all.
And thank you, Father, making this day not as bad as it was.
Comments
Aunt B
And I think you're pretty amazing too!
Aunt B