I'm Alive!
Just in case anyone was even the slightest bit worried, I survived Saturday's tornadoes unscathed. Though a lot of the damage was a few miles south of me, my particular neck of Mississippi was blessed with merely a mild and short thunderstorm. Seriously, a trailor was lifted from it's foundation and put into a tree 30 minutes south of me and people died an hour northwest of me, but Clay County was largely left out of the worst of it.
My thoughts and prayers, however, are with those most affected by Saturday's weather.
Friday night brought some pretty rough weather, too. Mostly just some really hard rain. Mama and I had to stop and pick up some groceries for our church brunch and by the time we got out of the store around 5:30, it had gotten really dark and had started sprinkling. Sis2 called us just after we left and told us to hurry home as there was a tornado spotted in eastern Oktibbeha (we were in western Okt.) and it was headed our way. We had just pulled up into my driveway when the heavens opened. I got SOAKED hauling my groceries in.
Fortunately, I had called Daddy earlier and asked him to come take the DP out since I knew we'd be late getting home. Meaning: Jana didn't hafta take the pup out in the pouring rain right away! Three cheers for THAT!
I thought for a second I was about to lose power as the lights flickered. Woulda been just my luck, too--I'd just put a pizza in the oven. But, the electricity held out and I was able to eat before snuggling in with the DP to watch Medium and Ghost Whisperer re-runs. (New shows next week??? PLEASE???)
Anyway, I'd better get crackin'. Gotta go shift some books. Yay.
My thoughts and prayers, however, are with those most affected by Saturday's weather.
Friday night brought some pretty rough weather, too. Mostly just some really hard rain. Mama and I had to stop and pick up some groceries for our church brunch and by the time we got out of the store around 5:30, it had gotten really dark and had started sprinkling. Sis2 called us just after we left and told us to hurry home as there was a tornado spotted in eastern Oktibbeha (we were in western Okt.) and it was headed our way. We had just pulled up into my driveway when the heavens opened. I got SOAKED hauling my groceries in.
Fortunately, I had called Daddy earlier and asked him to come take the DP out since I knew we'd be late getting home. Meaning: Jana didn't hafta take the pup out in the pouring rain right away! Three cheers for THAT!
I thought for a second I was about to lose power as the lights flickered. Woulda been just my luck, too--I'd just put a pizza in the oven. But, the electricity held out and I was able to eat before snuggling in with the DP to watch Medium and Ghost Whisperer re-runs. (New shows next week??? PLEASE???)
Anyway, I'd better get crackin'. Gotta go shift some books. Yay.
Comments
Aunt B
She even knew most of the people who died or were injured. One of them was a three month old baby. It's so tragic.
We definitely need to keep them all in our prayers.
As for fear of losing electricty in storms, this is one reason I am grateful for a GAS stove!