My Day Off
I took a mental health day yesterday.
Actually, I took off to help Sis2 decorate her bedroom. We'd been working on getting stuff together for a couple of weeks but I never could seem to get over to her house to get the actual putting in place done. So, with yesterday having been my day "off" from working our reference desk I asked to have it off entirely.
I made a 'round the world trip to get there. Honestly, I drove for an hour. First I had to go around through my hometown to pick up the last few little things we needed (and could afford for now) and then down the four lane to get to her town and then aaaaaalll the way to the boonies to pick up the DP's heartworm meds from her vet. ($85!?! What the...) Finally got to Sis2's around 9:30. Fortunately I'm an early bird, huh?
Do you know how hard it is to "work" with a 2-year-old jumping around on the bed beside you and a 6-month-old who doesn't want to sit on his own in the floor? lol It was choas but it was fun. And Sis2 was super happy with the results--even if we aren't finished. We've still got to get curtains and the chairs she wants for the sitting area as well as frames for some of the Thomas Kincaid prints she wants to hang. But we, uh, you know, ran out of money. *sob*
But you know what I did...or rather didn't do? I forgot to take picutures of it!! Ack!
I was too busy taking pictures of her...
Actually, I took off to help Sis2 decorate her bedroom. We'd been working on getting stuff together for a couple of weeks but I never could seem to get over to her house to get the actual putting in place done. So, with yesterday having been my day "off" from working our reference desk I asked to have it off entirely.
I made a 'round the world trip to get there. Honestly, I drove for an hour. First I had to go around through my hometown to pick up the last few little things we needed (and could afford for now) and then down the four lane to get to her town and then aaaaaalll the way to the boonies to pick up the DP's heartworm meds from her vet. ($85!?! What the...) Finally got to Sis2's around 9:30. Fortunately I'm an early bird, huh?
Do you know how hard it is to "work" with a 2-year-old jumping around on the bed beside you and a 6-month-old who doesn't want to sit on his own in the floor? lol It was choas but it was fun. And Sis2 was super happy with the results--even if we aren't finished. We've still got to get curtains and the chairs she wants for the sitting area as well as frames for some of the Thomas Kincaid prints she wants to hang. But we, uh, you know, ran out of money. *sob*
But you know what I did...or rather didn't do? I forgot to take picutures of it!! Ack!
I was too busy taking pictures of her...
And him...
And them...
to take pictures of a silly ol' bedroom. ;-)
So maybe one day when I've got the curtains up and the pictures hung I'll remember to point my camera at the room, too.



Comments