Friday Winding Thoughts

In recent weeks I've been having pancake Thursdays. Not pancakes for breakfast--pancakes for supper! Why do you need to know this? You don't. I just thought I'd share because it's something that makes me happy. Especially since I've only recently been able to afford to buy milk to MAKE pancakes. And actually, I buy milk now because I eat cereal for breakfast now. Yet another thing you're probably asking yourselves why you need to know this.

Again. You don't. I'm just into oversharing.

So yes. I've had pancakes (or "panny cakes" as I refer to them to the DP. Why do I refer to them that way?No idea except that it's fun to do so.) every Thursday night for the past month or so. Which means that I have leftover pancakes for breakfast every Friday morning. Which also makes me happy.

What doesn't always make me happy are the movies I rent on movie night--which also happens to be Thursday night.

Last night's movie was Up In the Air. George Clooney. *swoon* Though, I gotta say, in some parts during this movie he was lookin' kinda old. I know. Forget I said that. Even lookin' sorta old he looks better than most men, period.

But that isn't what I didn't like about the film. In fact, I enjoyed the film (and George) right up until the end. Right up until I said, "What the crap?" and the credits rolled. *sigh* I won't say why I didn't like the ending in case you're wanting to watch it in the near future. In which case, if you DO watch it, shoot me an email or a facebook message and let me know how YOU felt about the ending.

And actually, I suppose the ending would have been okay if the story hadn't progressed the way that it had. But when you progress a story and grow a character you're supposed to give them the ending the audience expects! lol

And seriously, that's all I'm gonna say.

But then I dreamed weird dreams again. I can't recall this one as vividly but it involved George Clooney and me and I think we may have been Avery and Derek from Plaster and Poison. I finished that book before I watched the movie so I guess they were sorta meshed up in my psyche.

ALSO, I just now, just this instant, realized why I dreamed about me being in Dirty Dancing the other night--which, while weird, was an awesome dream because in parts of it I got to be Baby to Patrick Swayze's Johnnie. YUM!

Anyway, I just realized that I'd had the song "Time of My Life" in my head earlier. A song that was brought to mind by something the Pioneer Woman said about having had the time of their lives in Orlando last week. The instant I read were she said that, "We had the time of our lives" that song popped into my head and stayed there for a while. Strange, isn't it, how the mind links thoughts, images and memories in the brain? Stranger still how those thoughts, images and memories emerge in dreams.

Started a new book before I went to bed last night. I can't recall the title of it right this instant nor who the author is. Shame. It's one that Smart Bitches recommended so enthusiastically that I had to try it. Which, normally, I take the Smart Bitches book recommendations/reviews with a grain of salt because, well, sometimes they're just crazy. Hello! They didn't like Twilight??? And not only didn't they like it but they mock it continuously. So, well, you know that says to me that a) they're nuts and b) we have opposing taste in books. LOL

BUT, they DID introduce me to Victoria Dahl who is THE AWESOME so I figured if they loved this other book as much as they love Victoria Dahl there must be something to this book.

It's had a fairly dencent start. Not as snap cracklin' hot yet as Ms. Dahl's books, but I see potential. It's early chapters yet.

And off the topic of books, I'm suddenly facing a new decision time. Not sure if this is the place to discuss it, though, since it involves work. But ya'll just be in prayer with me that I make that best decision for me and for all involved. The worst part is, I'm not even able to talk to anyone in my face to face life about it either because at this moment it also involves keeping the confidences of a friend. Ugh. I hate situations like this. But like I said, be in prayer with me that I make the best decision for me and all concerned. What I'd really like is for Jesus to get right up in my face and tell me what to do. Or at least show me the consequences of each scenario so that I can decide based on the out come.

I trust, though, that if my heart and mind are open, He'll open or close doors as He sees fit. I just hafta pay attention and keep my eyes and ears on alert.

Anyway...Whoo Hoo! It's Friday and I've got a wide open just for me and Libs weekend ahead of me. Whatever shall I do? hehehehehe

Comments

JenFS said…
I also love breakfast for supper! Sometimes I buy those little blackberry muffin mixes (Martha White) and put in an egg and just enough milk to thicken to pancake batter and fry them puppies up! They're heavenly even without syrup. yum. I have the house to myself tonight and just might do this! And just enough for one person!

Good luck and prayers for your decision. Sometimes just opening a door is His way of saying something. I try to ask myself which path would I be able to serve God best, and which path would I be happiest? Because God wants us to be happy. He loves us! Don't know why sometimes, but he does. :) {HUGS}
Jana said…
Jen~I've never considered converting a muffin mix to make pancakes. Now I'm sooooo gonna hafta try that! LOL Thanks!! I love the orange cranberry muffins, choc chip, and strawberry cheesecake muffins. So you KNOW I'm gonna hafta try 'em in pancake form! :-D

Thanks for the prayers and words of wisdom. They help more than you know. (((hugs)))

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today