Gifting Myself


Back during Mother's Day weekend I spotted these roses at Wal-Mart for $5 and thought, why not? Certainly no one else is going to give me roses for any reason. It isn't as though Libs can go out and buy me flowers for Mother's Day, right.  And I love yellow roses. They're my favorite. And these with the orange edge? Gorgeous. They lasted me until earl this week when I finally decided to take them out and hang them to dry.

Roses are one flower that I can't force myself to toss. I hang them upside down for a couple of weeks so that they dry without discoloring before adding them to the vase in my bedroom .Besides these, I've so far gotten about four roses dried and saved. These two will make six.

A gift that keeps on giving! :)

Comments

Aunt B said…
Beautiful Jana...I love yellow roses, too. They remind me of my Grandma because they were her favorite flower. I have a bush that produces roses the same as those you bought. And I also dry roses.

Aunt B
Heather said…
Pretty - but I much prefer pink (they're my sorority's flower). ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today