Mah shoes!

Oy. I iz not so brite.

So, okay. I have these shoes. I mostly wear them when I take Libby out in the mornings. They're my "work shoes" I guess. Just a pair of old corderoy clogs that I tramp around the yard in and don't care if they get dirty or nasty.

The past several weeks they've been getting pretty wet in the mornings because the dew is so heavy in the grass it's like walking in a puddle. Yesterday they were so soaked that I set the shoes on the trunk of my car so that they could dry out. I know. Totally redneck, right? But I'm half redneck so you shouldn't be shocked.

Anyway, last night was council meeting night at church.

(You see yet where I'm going with this?)

I got in my car and drove to church and back and did not even THINK about my shoes until 10:00 last night.

I took Libby out for her pre-bedtime constitutional and wore my "outdoor flip flops". (Yes. I have a pair of tramping around outside flipflops, too!) But for some reason, as I stepped outside I recalled not seeing my nasty clogs in the mudroom where they usually live next to the flip flops. And then my gaze landed on my car and it dawned on me. I hadn't taken my shoes off the trunk of my car before I left. Oh noes! Mah shoes!

*face palm*

So once Libby did her thang, I hustled her inside, grabbed my flashlight and my keys, got in my car to drive down the road a piece looking for my shoes.

First one was about a yard away from my neighbor's driveway and the other one was about a yard away from there. I had either driven past them or over them on my way home and just never even saw them!

Both shoes aren't any worse for the wear. Just a little dustier from spending a few hours in the middle of a dirt road. I don't think they'd even been actually run over.

But boy did I feel like an idiot riding down the road in my pj's looking for the shoes I'd forgotten to remove from the trunk of my car.

*sigh*

LOL

Comments

Heather said…
And now we know where those random shoes come from that we occasionally see by the side of the road. LOL

BTW, my "reactions" box still isn't working. Sniff.
Jana said…
LOL I thought about that, too, while I was hunting for my shoes. I always wondered. Now I know! :-D

Bad blogger being mean to Trixie.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today