A Slice of Goo

So. Yeah, this morning sorta sucks. I thought about trying to be cheerful and positive about it but what's so dang cheerful about a) no coffee b) no snack and c) a headache. If anyone can come up with any positives for THAT, I'll send you a cookie.

So I woke up this morning not entirely rested. Weird dreams do that to me. I think it also caused this mild headache. Figured the day would get better, though,  because I'd been told the day before that we were going to make a field trip to Chick-fil-A for chicken biscuits this morning at break. And I was looking forward to it, too, as I've been extra hungry for some reason this morning.

Well, not only DIDN'T we go to Chick-Fil-A but when I got to the lounge, THERE. WAS. NO. COFFEE. Someone dropped the ball on making coffee so there was none in the pot. I made some but by the time it got finished dripping, I had to come back to work. So, ergo, no coffee. No snack. And I've still got this nagging headache.

Someone just shoot me now. Please? Anyone?

I'm so hungry. So uncaffeinated. So unhappy and have no reason to live.

I'm also melodramatic. ;-)

But I really am fairly miserable right now. The hunger. It aches.

Is it bad that I want to cry from lack of chicken biscuit? If it is, don't tell me. Let me wallow.

*sob*

Anyway, I've got to stop reading Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen. Ugh. Yesterday's feature was so delicious it drove me to actually MAKE IT.


Yes. I printed out the recipe, went home and made a chocolate cobbler. Put it in the oven before I even started making supper! And ya'll...it was so good I almost went blind.

However, it is basically the same thing Mama has made for years (from Granny's recipe) that we call Hot Fudge Puddin' Cake. So now I finally have the recipe! hehehe

I made it, ate it warm and gooy from the oven (nearly went blind) and then scooped some out and took it to the folks who were just eating supper when I got there. So I provided dessert. :)

So, Tasty Kitchen is rather tasty but bad for Jana's health, mental well being and her ever expanding waistline. In the meantime, I have half a hot fudge puddin' cake (aka chocolate cobbler) waiting for me at home. *swoon*

I should have brought some this morning so that I could have at least had a snack during break. *sigh*

Comments

JenFS said…
Wow, really? Well there's your reason to live... leftover chocolate cobbler. ;)
When I read that post on Pioneer Woman. So, in Ree's words, did it make your skirt fly up? LOL!
I was hoping it was wonderful and not just undercooked mess. Thanks for your take on it, I'll probably make it tonight!!
Jana said…
LOL Had I been wearing a skirt? Probably would've flow straight up. hehehe

Not an undercooked mess at all. The bottom later becomes like a hot pudding and the top becomes this moist cake with a sort of crisp layer. Totally yum. But I do recomend having some ice cream or cool whip handy because it is SUPER rich on it's own. I had neither ice cream NOR cool whip and it just a spoonful was about all I needed before my eyes started crossing. lol

Hope you enjoy it!
JenFS said…
Loved this! Definitely made my skirt fly up! :) LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today