Weird Dreams

Want to hear a new one??? Let me tell you it.

So, I watched The Lovely Bones last night--a deeply haunting story of a girl murdered by a neighbor in the 70's. I figured it might give me nightmares or strange dreams because it was a disturbing film with some rather psychedelic imagery at times. But I don't think that film had altogether too much to do with the dream I had.

Dream started out at home on movie night. I was going to watch Hurt Locker (a movie I have no desire to see in my concious state). As I was pulling the DVD from the sleeve, suddenly I'm at what may have been the pshych ward from LOST (the one Hurley's flashback found him at)--we were all wearing blue robes and sitting at round tables--and instead of the DVD, I'm reading a newspaper with the review for Hurt Locker. Catherine Bigalow (you know, the director of that movie?) is there. She's wearing the dress she wore on Oscar night (because possibly that's the only time I've ever seen her?) and tells me that while she loved the guy who played the main character in her Oscar winning film, her favorite actor from the film was Stanly Tucci (who wasn't even IN Hurt Locker but played the creapy murderer in The Lovely Bones) and how she knew from the instant she read the script that he'd be perfect for the part. (What part, I haven't a clue! lol)

I remember being confused in my dream, too, and wondering why Catherine Bigalow was nattering on and interrupting my break time but I smiled politely and agreed with her that indeed Stanly Tucci is fabulous (which he is, normally.) and went back to reading my paper.

Then I woke up, shook my  head and went back to sleep.

Sooooo, dream analysis anyone??

Comments

Aunt B said…
Sorry, Jana, I can't analyze that. But it boggles my mind how some people can remember their dreams in such detail. I envy you. My daughter is like that, too. She can describe her dreams like they're movies. When I wake up I can only remember the last few minutes of a dream, if anything at all. Sometimes all I have is a vague feeling that the dream was pleasant or unpleasant.
Jana said…
I can't always rememeber 'em. Some just really make an impression, I guess. lol
Heather said…
Sorry, I have absolutely no idea on this one.

I generally have weird, active dreams and can remember a good chunk of them when I wake (especially if I wake without an alarm), but I slept so well last night (a rarity) that I honestly don't even remember dreaming (also a rarity).
Heather said…
Wouldn't it figure that, not long after posting last night, I wasn't in bed five minutes when bits of the previous night's dream came back to me. The general theme was moving. My younger sisters were both "helping," but it wasn't me we were moving, but Mom. The place she was at the time had a glass front wall, like a store-front, and she shared the space with a roommate. Very weird...
Bridget Locke said…
Hey, girlie! I know I totally disappeared there forever and a day. I'm a bad friend. :(

I've been having some really trippy dreams myself. *shakes head* Oy!

I hope you're doing well. :)
Jana said…
Heather~Your mom must've been on your mind. I gotta admit, I got excited when you said that your sisters were helping move in your dream. I was hoping it was a good omen that you'll be moving to a terrific new apartment soon. Maybe it's a good omen, anyway. ;-)

Bridget~Awe, hun. Don't sweat it. I know you've had a lot going on lately. I understand. Hope things are better and you enjoyed your vacay.
JenFS said…
Jana-
Here's a totally weird one for you. Last night I had a dream about YOU! Isn't that wild? Especially since I've never actually 'met' you in person? Anyway, in my dream, I met up with you in my town and you had a friend from work with you and you were telling me about this charity that meets once a month or something in your town, which was an hour drive away (yeah right, I'm in Illinois). Anyway, you wanted me to volunteer to help with the meetings and activity planning and so I agreed. I can't remember the charity, but it centered around Christian women doing something for a specific group.
Wild, huh? Makes me wonder if I should give some of my time to a cause?
Jana said…
LOL Jen, That IS weird. Sounds fun, too. ;-)They should definitely move Illanois so that it's an hour away from Mississippi so that we can volunteer together. hehehehe
Heather said…
We can only hope it's a good moving-soon omen, even though I know the odds of my sisters actually helping are very slim, LOL.
Jana said…
Or if you'd even WANT your sisters to help! LOL
Heather said…
Well, there is that, too. Holly, definitely not. Too easy for stuff to go missing. Heidi? Maybe, but I'd have to keep an eye on my boxes of books as she keeps threatening to get rid of them. Can you believe the nerve?!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today