My New Friend


In case you couldn't tell, that there's a turtle.  She's colored up all pretty, too.


 She was hiding near the bush in front of my house one morning last week. Just sitting there while the Devil Pup and I scooted past her several times. The DP never even noticed her. She's even less observant than her mother. Which is saying a LOT. LOL

Anyway, last night was a rare treat for me. I went out with "the girls" from work. E's kids are spending the week with her parents so she's been a free woman.  Initially she wanted to go see a movie after supper but I was a killjoy and told her I couldn't. Not that she and the rest of the group couldn't go without me, but I think the rest of the group threw me under the bus and let me play bad guy. lol No one else wanted to go. Not that I didn't want to go. But, you know, I live 45 minutes away and wouldn't have gotten home until nearly 10. On a weeknight? Not such a good idea, actually.

So we just went to supper at Applebee's. Actually, E and I met up at Payless (it's right next door to Applebee's) first and I bought $30 worth of sandals. *wince* We had some time to kill before the others got off work and she needed some new shoes. So of course that meant I had to buy some new shoes, too! LOL

I actually found a really cute pair of kitten heeled sandals for church. The pair I have at home is about 5 years old and starting to show their age. When I found this new pair I couldn't leave without them. They're super cute and just exactly what I've been looking for. The other pair is a pair of cute sparkly flip flops. Imagine that. Me, buying flip flops. ;-)

Supper was fun. We all got drinks (I got a mudslide) and I got the ultimate trio. Yum. It was good, though, getting out and doing something fun with my friends. We hardly even talked about work, either. SWEET! I don't quite recall what all we did talk about but I know there was a lot of laughter so it must have been funny.

I got home around 7:15 and you'd have thought I'd been gone a year with the desperate greeting I got from the Devil Pup. LOL She wouldn't even hardly let me go to the bathroom, she was so clingy. I finally had to give one of her rawhide chewy things just to get a break from all that affection. Of course I used that quiet time to read. I had Kristan Higgins' Catch of the Day on my nightstand and it was calling my name. I actually finished the sucker! I ended up staying up past 1am, but I finished it. And it was awesome. I laughed, I cried, I groaned and commiserated. All classic signs that I'm reading a Higgins novel. ;-)

BTW, anyone notice anything new on the ol' blog?? hehehe Blogger (finally) got some new templates so of course I had to snag one. I was getting boared with my old template. Even with adding the banner pic and trying new colors, I just wasn't happy with it. This one, though, is pretty cool. I think so, anyway. What say ye?

Anyway, that's that from me. Looking forward to a movie night tonight since I missed it last night. I got Lucky 7 from Netflix. Fingers crossed its as cute as the trailers made it look.

Ya'll be good and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Comments

Heather said…
I love those neighbors that are quiet and unobstrusive. *g*

And yes, I noticed you changed your template right away.

Hey! I have a real word for verification: equal! Hehe...
Aunt B said…
Love the new look for your blog! And glad you had a fun time out with the girls!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today