Why I Blog
I often ask myself this. Why do I blog? Why does anyone?
For me, I think it's mostly because in the real world (as opposed to this "fake one?" lol) I often don't get heard. I open my mouth, (fairly coherent) words come out but is it truly considered speaking if no one hears you? And not to say that I have a broad audience on the web (hi all four commenters!) but I know that at least four people love me enough to actually hear at least SOME of what I say. Can't say the same for the100's 10's of people I pass by or speak to face to face every day.
And for as little as I seem to have going on in my life, it's nice to have a place I can come to and over share my thoughts. I can get gritty depressed and moan or get all giggly and stupid and rave over Zachary Levi and I don't have to really worry about how silly or pathetic anyone thinks I am. I mean, y'all might roll your eyes or mutter under your breath at me but I can't see or hear you! I can be brutally honest here in a way that I can't with my family.
In fact, one of the best parts of blogging is that I can let it all hang out (figuratively. You wouldn't really want all this hanging out!) and if I don't like your response I can delete it! Not that I've ever had to. I've never in my life found more acceptance for my weirdness than right here on this blog and a few other places 'round the web.
I'm not kidding myself into thinking that y'all really care that I get up at 6 to go grocery shopping on Saturdays or that I'm obsessed with HGTV and Mike Holmes's muscles. I'm not completely out to lunch. But it's great to have a place I can say all the silly things in my head and not fear being judged or dismissed.
Yeah, I have a journal I keep at home. I've kept a journal since I was 15. Well, that's not entirely true. I also had a journal in the 4th grade but it was mostly about how Charlie B. spoke to me at the water fountain or played jump rope with me. Sensational when I was 10! lol
So obviously, journaling has always been important to my sanity. But there's a greater sense of release that I get to over share my idiosyncrasies with the Internet masses. Even if the masses ARE a handful of people. That sense of being heard, of having a relatively safe place to rant or rejoice gives me great comfort.
And honestly? I'd probably freak if I had more than a handful of readers. And I'm super thankful that the four or five I've got I consider wonderful friends.
So that's (sort of) why I blog.
I also blog because where else am I gonna leave my craziness that I won't get carted off by men in white coats?
For me, I think it's mostly because in the real world (as opposed to this "fake one?" lol) I often don't get heard. I open my mouth, (fairly coherent) words come out but is it truly considered speaking if no one hears you? And not to say that I have a broad audience on the web (hi all four commenters!) but I know that at least four people love me enough to actually hear at least SOME of what I say. Can't say the same for the
And for as little as I seem to have going on in my life, it's nice to have a place I can come to and over share my thoughts. I can get gritty depressed and moan or get all giggly and stupid and rave over Zachary Levi and I don't have to really worry about how silly or pathetic anyone thinks I am. I mean, y'all might roll your eyes or mutter under your breath at me but I can't see or hear you! I can be brutally honest here in a way that I can't with my family.
In fact, one of the best parts of blogging is that I can let it all hang out (figuratively. You wouldn't really want all this hanging out!) and if I don't like your response I can delete it! Not that I've ever had to. I've never in my life found more acceptance for my weirdness than right here on this blog and a few other places 'round the web.
I'm not kidding myself into thinking that y'all really care that I get up at 6 to go grocery shopping on Saturdays or that I'm obsessed with HGTV and Mike Holmes's muscles. I'm not completely out to lunch. But it's great to have a place I can say all the silly things in my head and not fear being judged or dismissed.
Yeah, I have a journal I keep at home. I've kept a journal since I was 15. Well, that's not entirely true. I also had a journal in the 4th grade but it was mostly about how Charlie B. spoke to me at the water fountain or played jump rope with me. Sensational when I was 10! lol
So obviously, journaling has always been important to my sanity. But there's a greater sense of release that I get to over share my idiosyncrasies with the Internet masses. Even if the masses ARE a handful of people. That sense of being heard, of having a relatively safe place to rant or rejoice gives me great comfort.
And honestly? I'd probably freak if I had more than a handful of readers. And I'm super thankful that the four or five I've got I consider wonderful friends.
So that's (sort of) why I blog.
I also blog because where else am I gonna leave my craziness that I won't get carted off by men in white coats?
Comments
ANd actually, I get what you were saying about Mike Holmes. My hubby likes to watch him and i don't mind either!
I'm all sappy now. lol (((hugs)))
I admit, the main reason I balk at joining facebook is that I don't necessarily want people from different parts of my life connecting with others. Mainly I don't want certain family members connecting with friends from college, or even some of the people I know online. I don't need that kind of headache!
Can't say that there aren't OTHER frustrations with FB, though. lol