The Best Part...

...about work being so crazy is that I'm also burning calories while I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off! hehehehe

The downside is, of course, that I'm worn slap out all the darn time. And the vast infinity of what all still needs doing frightens and intimidates me. *shudders*

Another upside, though, is that if I happen to accidently fall into a mocha frappe on the way home from work I don't have to worry too bad about the extra calories. :-D

Not that I accidently fall into too many mocha frappe's--or much of anything else, for that matter. The only reason I've accidenlty fallen into a couple over the past couple of weeks is because I had coupons for free ones. Would be a SHAME to waste thouse, right? ;-)

In all seriousness, though, I'm hanging in there. I've so far stuck with my DVD routine in the evenings and 90% of my eating habits are AWESOME. Seriously, I even said no to lunch out with the girls today. Well, most of that was to save $$$, but it helps that I didn't get those extra calories, either. Most days I keep my calories in line so that if I need or accidentally fall into anything it won't hurt me. It's all in the math. And since I'm not saying "no" to anything, I've discovered that I'm less tempted.

And by "not saying no to anything", I simply mean that I have not assigned any foods as good or bad and I give myself permission to simply enjoy my life. If I find my self desperate for a cheeseburger, I give myself permission to go for it. Because just like a rebellious teenager, by telling myself "no" all I was doing before was setting myself up to rebell and get a cheeseburger three days a week. (That's merely an illustration, ya'll. At no point in my life have I ever regularly had three cheeseburgers in a week! lol) By having built in permission, though, I find I crave those things less.

So far I feel good. I still can't tell much of a change in my clothing but physically, mentally and emotionally I feel better. Tired from work a lot, but generally happier. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today