Eat Fresh
Just got back from lunch with my pal, E. She IM'd me right at 12 wanting to go to lunch and, well, I couldn't say no. She did mention Subway, afterall. And have ya'll tried the new orchard chicken salad? If not (assuming you like chicken salad) you definitely NEED TO! :-D So yeah, I had to go. Mama wasn't all that happy 'bout it. But she brought me Ramen noodles so she can get over it. (FYI, I don't like Ramen noodles.)
Anyway, now that we know all about my lunch...
hehehe
Transitioning into life without my supervisor hasn't been all that hard--yet. So far things are going fine. I have a TON of things to do but I figure I've got just as much time to do them. Unless I get hit by a Mac truck on the way home. At which point I wouldn't care about all that much about what I've got to do anyway.
There will definitely be things in the future that I'll have to deal with. Situations I'm not prepared or equipped to handle. Oddly I'm not all that terrified. I thought I would be. You've met me. Remember? Chicken Little? Yeah. But I'm not terrified. The sky isn't falling. And the dish didn't run away with the spoon.
Or whatever.
Yeah. I'm not making sense anymore. But when have I ever?
ANYway...
Life without Mrs. B...*sigh* It's weird. It's like I've misplaced something important. Like when I forget and leave my phone at home and I feel naked all day without it. I feel naked without Mrs. B.
Well, not really naked. Gah. But you know what I mean. Its as though I'm incomplete. And I don't think the full impact has even settled in on my brain, yet. You know, like she's just on vacation right now and she'll be back next week. Except...she won't. But I keep expecting to see her just anytime now.
I haven't gone into her or past her office yet. Seeing it empty might make it all too real. I'm just not ready to deal right now.
ANYway...
My weekend should be interesting. Sis1 is coming in from T-town tomorrow for the 4th and to finally take her kid home. She's spending the weekend with me, mostly. I think. I know her dog is staying with me, anyway. Did I tell ya'll what happened to poor Scarlet?
Poor baby was attacked by a larger dog in their neighborhood a couple of weeks ago. I don't know all the details but apparently her back legs and belly got mauled one night after Sis1 let her out to "do her business". Sis1 thought maybe she'd had a run in with an armadillo or a raccoon as they tend to get vicious with dogs. But the vet said the bite and tear marks are consistent with a large dog. She had to have a ton of stitches, a drain tube and wear the "cone of shame" for two weeks. She just got the stitches out and the cone off Wednesday, I think.
So she's okay. But still very tender and she's still healing. Sis1's afraid Milo might get a little too enthusiastic with her and hurt her so Scarlet will be staying at my house instead of the folks. Libby should just love that. lol
I hope whatever dog attacked her gets hit by a large truck, though. And I don't usually wish violence on other animals--especially dogs--but any dog vicious enough to attack sweet little Scarlet (a 25lb 12-year-old dachshund) deserves it.
ANYway, that's about all I've got for now. Remind me one day next week to tell the gruesome tale of how my begonias nearly killed my petunias. Its a riveting tale, ya'll.
Anyway, now that we know all about my lunch...
hehehe
Transitioning into life without my supervisor hasn't been all that hard--yet. So far things are going fine. I have a TON of things to do but I figure I've got just as much time to do them. Unless I get hit by a Mac truck on the way home. At which point I wouldn't care about all that much about what I've got to do anyway.
There will definitely be things in the future that I'll have to deal with. Situations I'm not prepared or equipped to handle. Oddly I'm not all that terrified. I thought I would be. You've met me. Remember? Chicken Little? Yeah. But I'm not terrified. The sky isn't falling. And the dish didn't run away with the spoon.
Or whatever.
Yeah. I'm not making sense anymore. But when have I ever?
ANYway...
Life without Mrs. B...*sigh* It's weird. It's like I've misplaced something important. Like when I forget and leave my phone at home and I feel naked all day without it. I feel naked without Mrs. B.
Well, not really naked. Gah. But you know what I mean. Its as though I'm incomplete. And I don't think the full impact has even settled in on my brain, yet. You know, like she's just on vacation right now and she'll be back next week. Except...she won't. But I keep expecting to see her just anytime now.
I haven't gone into her or past her office yet. Seeing it empty might make it all too real. I'm just not ready to deal right now.
ANYway...
My weekend should be interesting. Sis1 is coming in from T-town tomorrow for the 4th and to finally take her kid home. She's spending the weekend with me, mostly. I think. I know her dog is staying with me, anyway. Did I tell ya'll what happened to poor Scarlet?
Poor baby was attacked by a larger dog in their neighborhood a couple of weeks ago. I don't know all the details but apparently her back legs and belly got mauled one night after Sis1 let her out to "do her business". Sis1 thought maybe she'd had a run in with an armadillo or a raccoon as they tend to get vicious with dogs. But the vet said the bite and tear marks are consistent with a large dog. She had to have a ton of stitches, a drain tube and wear the "cone of shame" for two weeks. She just got the stitches out and the cone off Wednesday, I think.
So she's okay. But still very tender and she's still healing. Sis1's afraid Milo might get a little too enthusiastic with her and hurt her so Scarlet will be staying at my house instead of the folks. Libby should just love that. lol
I hope whatever dog attacked her gets hit by a large truck, though. And I don't usually wish violence on other animals--especially dogs--but any dog vicious enough to attack sweet little Scarlet (a 25lb 12-year-old dachshund) deserves it.
ANYway, that's about all I've got for now. Remind me one day next week to tell the gruesome tale of how my begonias nearly killed my petunias. Its a riveting tale, ya'll.
Comments
I'm sure you'll find your way without Mrs. B. It might take a while, though. You may even make another friend.
Have fun with the two pups!