Happy Friday
So I had to bring my car in to the shop this morning. Stupid check engine light came on Saturday when I was on my way to town for groceries. *sigh* Fortunately the check engine light isn't on of those things were you car's gonna explode or leave you stranded when it comes on. Just means that either there's something not quite right with the way the car's running or your car is yanking your chain. Either way, I had to bring it in.
I'm voting for the car yankin' my chain thing, obviously, as I seriously don't have a lot of cash to put out on heavy car repairs. I so gently use my car you'd think it wouldn't have much opportunity to go bad. But I suppose anything man made has the potential to screw up.
I decided to try a new mechanic recommended by a friend because she said she thought it might be cheaper and the dude is really nice. But it's nearly 12 and I haven't heard anything. *sigh* He may be good and he may be nice but dude ain't fast.
I was hoping to have my car done by 12:30 so that I can go pick it up and go home. I have to work tomorrow so I'm taking off this afternoon so that I don't accrue comp time. (we aren't allowed to accrue comp time or overtime.) If my car isn't done I have to borrow Mama's car and stick around town until she gets off so that she can take me to pick it up.
Which isn't a major catastrophe. I mean, I'd rather be able to go on home but I won't die if I can't. And the day (or my life) won't be totally ruined. I just may not ever use this particular mechanic again. Because he must be so good and so nice that he's got too much business to get to my poor little check engine light even though I dropped my car off at 7:30 this morning. *pout*
I probably should have just stuck with the mechanic I always used with my old car. They do good work for fairly reasonable prices. And they usually call me pretty quickly about whatever's up.
BUT...I'm not going to be grumpy. No point in it. I'm just going to suck up and let the day unfold the way the Lord planned for it to. Who knows, He could be saving me from some horrific fate that I would have met had things gone the way I'd planned.
Now, I hafta go say good-bye to a friend who's last day at the library is today. The friend who reupholstered those chairs for me. Her hubby got a job in Vermont. *sniffle*
Happy Friday! See ya'll tomorrow.
I'm voting for the car yankin' my chain thing, obviously, as I seriously don't have a lot of cash to put out on heavy car repairs. I so gently use my car you'd think it wouldn't have much opportunity to go bad. But I suppose anything man made has the potential to screw up.
I decided to try a new mechanic recommended by a friend because she said she thought it might be cheaper and the dude is really nice. But it's nearly 12 and I haven't heard anything. *sigh* He may be good and he may be nice but dude ain't fast.
I was hoping to have my car done by 12:30 so that I can go pick it up and go home. I have to work tomorrow so I'm taking off this afternoon so that I don't accrue comp time. (we aren't allowed to accrue comp time or overtime.) If my car isn't done I have to borrow Mama's car and stick around town until she gets off so that she can take me to pick it up.
Which isn't a major catastrophe. I mean, I'd rather be able to go on home but I won't die if I can't. And the day (or my life) won't be totally ruined. I just may not ever use this particular mechanic again. Because he must be so good and so nice that he's got too much business to get to my poor little check engine light even though I dropped my car off at 7:30 this morning. *pout*
I probably should have just stuck with the mechanic I always used with my old car. They do good work for fairly reasonable prices. And they usually call me pretty quickly about whatever's up.
BUT...I'm not going to be grumpy. No point in it. I'm just going to suck up and let the day unfold the way the Lord planned for it to. Who knows, He could be saving me from some horrific fate that I would have met had things gone the way I'd planned.
Now, I hafta go say good-bye to a friend who's last day at the library is today. The friend who reupholstered those chairs for me. Her hubby got a job in Vermont. *sniffle*
Happy Friday! See ya'll tomorrow.
Comments