Only Thursday?

Yanno, to have had a day off this week, it sure had been a loooong week. The fact that I hafta work Saturday doesn't make me feel any better, either. Blech.

I almost fell asleep at work yesterday. Well, actually, I did fall asleep. Dozed off at my desk for like five seconds. I was soooooo sleeeEEEEpy. I could barely hold my eyes open. Miserable.

I called Mrs. B a little while ago but she wasn't home. Her hubby said she was over at her mother's shelling peas. I'm not surprised. I figured after she retired she'd practically live over at her mother's. He was going to give me the number over there but...yeah. I don't like to track people down when they're doing stuff. Not like it was all that important. Well, it IS important. But not emergency important. I'm trying to get in touch with her to make SURE she's going to be going out with us Saturday to see Eclipse. I know she's not all that insane about the Twilight saga like the rest of us are but it's a heck of a good excuse to see her! lol

I did thirty minutes of map shifting and gave up. Maps are heavy. Did ya'll know that? Well they are. And all this physical labor I've been doing is not good for my lazy streak. Not good at all. I'll hafta finish it sometime soon (the maps--the labor will last for at least 30 more years) but not right now. Maybe not even this week. We'll see.

A lady at church gave me a bag of tomatoes last night. One of them is nearly as big as my head. I'm almost scared to eat it. So I brought one of the smaller ones for lunch today. T'mater sammich here I come! For the second time this week, too! YUM! T'maters are the BEST thing about summer. Everything else about summer can suck it. But thank God for fresh t'maters! hehehe

I had a very dismal panicky moment  yesterday. We got notice that our retirement fund (the state version of a 401k, sorta) is raising the memeber contribution by 2% which means my paycheck will be 2% smaller starting this month. For a paycheck that barely covers the bills as it is, things aren't lookin' so great at the moment. I still don't even know how that 2% will translate on a monthly basis but it can't be good. However, after about a five minute freakout followed by a two minute prayer, I feel better. Jesus took care of my finances when I barely had two nickles to rub together. He's not gonna abandon me now. I just hafta keep remembering the days when I ate a lot of cheap pasta and never ate out. I was happy as a clam back then. I can be happy as a clam now, too.

I'm about to fall asleep again. Ugh. I need a nap in a big way.

Comments

Heather said…
What?? You haven't seen Eclipse yet? Umm...we saw it last weekend.

Oh, and think how much money you could save now if you gave up eating out. No more Starbucks, Sonic, McDonald's...none of it. There are days I'm glad there aren't any fast food places close to where I live or work. Much easier to resist temptation that way. ;)
Jana said…
Are you kidding? No WAY was I going to see Eclipse opening weekend. We made that mistake with New Moon and we nearly never found parking spaces. At least two of us has to park at the street and hike to the theater. No thank you. Not this time. Last weekend was too busy anyway.

As for fast food, etc. I know, I know. It isn't like I usually set out on my own with the sole purpose(except for my Saturday morning biscuit) to go to those places. Usually it's because of either convenience or at the prodding of friends. And my weakness for Java Chillers. *sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today